watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Ronaldo

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 02, 2021, 10:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

801 career goals for club and country, first ever in history to do it, and 36 years old playing at the top level without looking out of place. What an athlete.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Steeeeeeeeeed

801 goals in 1095 games.

Not bad 😳😁.

simplyfulham

Didn't Pele get about 1,000 goals or something... and counting  064.gif

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: simplyfulham on December 02, 2021, 10:50:23 PM

He decided to count his non professional goals as a kid I believe.

junior white

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on December 03, 2021, 08:33:49 AM
Quote from: simplyfulham on December 02, 2021, 10:50:23 PM

He decided to count his non professional goals as a kid I believe.
Correct, he scored i think 791 in top flight games

MartyFFC

grandad

He would be my GOAT if only he would cut out the diving & cheating that has been a distasteful part of his career.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFCFOREVER

ffcthereligion

We can have a debate about who has achieved/proven more in their career and for me I would have to say Ronaldo but in terms of natural ability there is no debate who is more gifted - it's Messi.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: ffcthereligion on December 03, 2021, 01:13:22 PM
We can have a debate about who has achieved/proven more in their career and for me I would have to say Ronaldo but in terms of natural ability there is no debate who is more gifted - it's Messi.

That is why Ronaldo skins it for me if I had to choose a true, genuine GOAT. Ronaldo lacks the natural ability (relative to Messi only) but yet his dedication, drive, and passion has led him to surpass the Argentine.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ffcthereligion

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on December 03, 2021, 01:35:27 PM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on December 03, 2021, 01:13:22 PM

That is why Ronaldo skins it for me if I had to choose a true, genuine GOAT. Ronaldo lacks the natural ability (relative to Messi only) but yet his dedication, drive, and passion has led him to surpass the Argentine.

A fair argument!

junior white

Quote from: grandad on December 03, 2021, 11:53:37 AM
He would be my GOAT if only he would cut out the diving & cheating that has been a distasteful part of his career.
He isnt the only one that has been guilty of that, so i wont hold that overly against him, we see it week in week out in the prem and to a very slightly lesser degree the championship as well

Ara's bacon crisps

I'm in the Ronaldo camp. Just. But what I really like is how, despite their protestations to the contrary, the evident competition between them has continually spurred each onto new heights. Normally you only get one unbelievable footballer at a time, but as fans how lucky are we to have enjoyed the two of them going head to head for so long?

Slaphead in Qatar

Ronaldo and Messi combined- not fit to lace Maradonas boots.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 03, 2021, 02:54:42 PM

Wrong. Maradonna would be no better than Adel Taraabt in today's game.

simplyfulham

In the last 20 years (TWENTY) Messi has the most combined goals+assists in Europe more times than anyone else.

And nobody gets even close to his 2012 season.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-the-players-with-the-most-goals-and-assists-from-2000-to-2020-20210302

Terry Towling

That last run straight down the pitch hoping to get his hatrick even whilst being subbed for being slightly injured says it all about Ronaldo as a player a dedicated player. In my opinion because he has played in some of the most highly competitive leagues in the world, and in Spain, he is the GOAT. Messi played in a three horse league and then a one horse league, although for sheer skill he wins that award.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Ronaldo is the best player in the world right now. Best player of all time? Original Ronaldo, without doubt

bobbo

Quote from: ffcthereligion on December 03, 2021, 03:30:32 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 03, 2021, 02:54:42 PM

Wrong. Maradonna would be no better than Adel Taraabt in today's game.
spoton .
1975 just leaving home full of hope