watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR take a bow Mr Patel

Started by copthornemike, December 04, 2021, 10:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

NFR - how about that NZ (AY Patel) bowler getting 10 wickets vs India in India! Calling that an achievement does not seem quite enough somehow.
Possibly the sporting achievement of the year - although if  Mitro had scored a hat trick in the last 10 minutes last night it might just have eclipsed Mr Patel

cookieg

That is some achievement but doesn't top 19 wickets in a test.

Fernhurst

Bit of a worry I can remember watching Jim Lakers extraordinary feat all those years ago.
Jerky black and white pictures, (thinking back, not sure if the pictures were live)
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Plodder

Fantastic achievement, although some of the shine was taken off the glorious day because of the Kiwis being bowled out for 67 in reply.  I am sure he would never say so publicly, but I wonder whether once he had got the first seven or eight, he was secretly hoping a wicket would not fall at the other end.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 04, 2021, 11:24:06 AM
Bit of a worry I can remember watching Jim Lakers extraordinary feat all those years ago.
Jerky black and white pictures, (thinking back, not sure if the pictures were live)

Me to Fernhurst and his celebration after number 10 were quite muted! Also not sure if they were live.