watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Brentford

Started by St Eve, December 10, 2021, 09:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

You have to give them credit. They never give up. A massive win for them tonight

Blawarmy

Quote from: St Eve on December 10, 2021, 09:56:24 PM
You have to give them credit. They never give up. A massive win for them tonight
I'd like to think Silva will be doing this with us next season.

Southcoastffc

IMO a poor quality, but ultimately entertaining, game settled by a very soft penalty.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Riversider

A very scrappy game played out by two very poor sides, neither of them will stay up.

Radiowhite

Quote from: Riversider on December 10, 2021, 11:04:36 PM
A very scrappy game played out by two very poor sides, neither of them will stay up.
Brentford will

St Eve

Brentford will stay up. Watford are in trouble

Fulham 442

Quote from: St Eve on December 11, 2021, 02:26:44 AM
Brentford will stay up. Watford are in trouble
I agree.  Brentford are in 10th on 20 points and Watford  17th, 3 points above the drop zone.  Tbh Watford were in trouble as soon as they appointed Ranieri!

Woolly Mammoth

Yes Brentford have the quality to stay up if they keep showing that fighting spirit, and they did it without Toney. I thought the penalty was a nailed on spot kick, the referee had no choice but to award it.
As for Watford that still have enough matches to turn it round. However, that was three massive points they lost on those last ten minute's, so not so sure about them, they have it all to do fighting to keep out of the bottom three along with Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley and maybe one or two others may get dragged into it. But once your in that zone it is difficult to scramble out as everyone is fighting for their lives.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 11, 2021, 03:15:46 AM
Yes Brentford have the quality to stay up if they keep showing that fighting spirit, and they did it without Toney. I thought the penalty was a nailed on spot kick, the referee had no choice but to award it.
As for Watford that still have enough matches to turn it round. However, that was three massive points they lost on those last ten minute's, so not so sure about them, they have it all to do fighting to keep out of the bottom three along with Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley and maybe one or two others may get dragged into it. But once your in that zone it is difficult to scramble out as everyone is fighting for their lives.
Yes Brentford do have a great fighting spirit and I also agree about the penalty.  Burnley always seem to scramble clear, I think Norwich are doomed and it depends what Newcastle can do in the January transfer window otherwise they will struggle to stay up. There always seems to be one team that plummets into trouble.  I didn't see the whole match, just the last twenty minutes but Ranieri looked absolutely clueless when Brentford equalised, which doesn't bode well for Watford.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 11, 2021, 04:32:39 AM
Yes Brentford do have a great fighting spirit and I also agree about the penalty.  Burnley always seem to scramble clear, I think Norwich are doomed and it depends what Newcastle can do in the January transfer window otherwise they will struggle to stay up. There always seems to be one team that plummets into trouble.  I didn't see the whole match, just the last twenty minutes but Ranieri looked absolutely clueless when Brentford equalised, which doesn't bode well for Watford.

I agree with all you say, especially about Ranieri, he did look as though he had no idea what to do and seemed to accept the defeat before the game actually finished, which does not bode well for Watford. He did not look happy with his players but then he should have been more proactive but just seemed to freeze.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 10, 2021, 10:58:44 PM
IMO a poor quality, but ultimately entertaining, game settled by a very soft penalty.

Iagree I was astonished at how poor both teams were and in the end the result was not de to brentford being any good but sheer luck and ineptitude of the watford team and their manager.

filham

The Premier League relegation fight once again looking more interesting than the title race.
I hope Watford avoid the drop so that we have that extra local derby next season with the possibility of six points.
The big question is will Ranieri see the season out at Watford with the risk of another relegation on his CV.

JimOG

I think your point about Burnley is well made. I think both they and Brentford will stay up. I'm really enjoying this season but I fear Silva's expansive approach in the Prem. We don't have world class players but Burnley have shown if you have tough centre backs and a centre forward + worker bees you can stay up.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: filham on December 11, 2021, 10:11:38 AM
The Premier League relegation fight once again looking more interesting than the title race.
I hope Watford avoid the drop so that we have that extra local derby next season with the possibility of six points.
The big question is will Ranieri see the season out at Watford with the risk of another relegation on his CV.

Imo the title race is superb this year. Perhaps relegation is more relatable to us, as we know what is on the lime, and is therefore more real to us?

Riversider

Quote from: JimOG on December 11, 2021, 10:27:53 AM

I think your point about Burnley is well made. I think both they and Brentford will stay up. I'm really enjoying this season but I fear Silva's expansive approach in the Prem. We don't have world class players but Burnley have shown if you have tough centre backs and a centre forward + worker bees you can stay up.
If you think both Brentford and Burnley are staying up then I'd be interested to hear who you think is going down ?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Ranieri is being shown to be the fraud he is, to be honest.

Good luck to Brentford though, seem to be a very well run club. Like Swansea used to be. Plus they're a lot like us in being seen as the underdog in a fair few games.

Having said that, I still want 6 points off them next season.

Twig

Quote from: Riversider on December 11, 2021, 11:11:16 AM

If you think both Brentford and Burnley are staying up then I'd be interested to hear who you think is going down ?

Personally I think Norwich, Newcastle and Watford will go down.

Twig

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 10, 2021, 10:58:44 PM

I agree the quality was pretty poor and the match ultimately entertaining. But a soft penalty? I thought it was nailed on, I called it instantly and saw nothing to change my mind.

St Eve

Quote from: Twig on December 11, 2021, 12:22:06 PM

I agree although Southampton might replace Norwich

Riversider

Quote from: Twig on December 11, 2021, 12:22:06 PM

I can still remember a thread on here last season when people were trying to convince me that Newcastle were going down,
Didn't happen then and I don't think it will happen this season either.