watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

referee v luton

Started by ALG01, December 12, 2021, 10:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

oh dear. he was dreadful and IMO and for the first time in ages I actually thought he had no intention of being even handed.
he let way to much go generally but, and I know i have a fulham bias, he was beyond the pale. i cannot remeber a single 50 50 going our way and to be honest the times he allowed there players to come over the top of our players, just charging in and then claimed backing in was incredible. they took mitro out on the half way line, the defender came straight through from behind and he let that go and on and on. awful and, as I say not even handed.

I am not having a go at the referees integrity at all because IMO he had none to have a go at.

Whitestone

I think it would assist fans if we were properly informed about the instructions referees have been given this season. There is no doubt, to me anyway, that they are letting things go that they would have penalised last season. I agree that the ref yesterday had a shocker. I think Luton fans would say so too. It wasn't just bias against us. You mention the backing in and you are correct. Several decisions that went against us involving Mitro, Reid and Wilson were bizarre to say the least because I didn't see any backing in, more of a case of Luton players going in hard and over the top of our players. How the foul was given the other way was strange.

JimOG

Quote from: Whitestone on December 12, 2021, 11:06:18 AM
I think it would assist fans if we were properly informed about the instructions referees have been given this season. There is no doubt, to me anyway, that they are letting things go that they would have penalised last season. I agree that the ref yesterday had a shocker. I think Luton fans would say so too. It wasn't just bias against us. You mention the backing in and you are correct. Several decisions that went against us involving Mitro, Reid and Wilson were bizarre to say the least because I didn't see any backing in, more of a case of Luton players going in hard and over the top of our players. How the foul was given the other way was strange.

Although I've seen penalties given for Joe's shoulder in the back routine late in the game - I'd have given it.

Whitestone

Quote from: JimOG on December 12, 2021, 11:19:44 AM

Although I've seen penalties given for Joe's shoulder in the back routine late in the game - I'd have given it.

Exactly. As I said it wasn't one way bias from the ref. Couldn't believe the ref didn't give it at the time.  Was it in the box ? Didn't look like it from the away end and I haven't seen a replay.

ALG01

i have to be honest, because of the state of the ground all i saw of that was the back of lots of peoples heads. a couple if others near me did say they thought we got away with that BUT on the balance of the game, i thought the referee substantially favoured them, not just poor but IMO biased.

Milo

He wasn't too bad first half although that handball was (on review..) a penalty as the defender flailed his arms upwards and away from his body.

I actually quite liked the flow in the first half as he was letting 50:50s go and it made for a more fluid game against two competitive teams.

Second half he made some very strange decisions, mainly against poor old Wilson who looked exacerbated. Ultimately he's a new referee and showed some promise, but doesn't have the consistency currently to be a top referee. Sounds a lot like some of our players..

JimOG

Quote from: Whitestone on December 12, 2021, 11:25:54 AM

Yes unquestionably....that said their 'handball' would be given in the Prem. I still prefer the idea of 'deliberate handball' whereas that was sheer clumsiness by the Luton defender....but a pen in the modern game

Exactly. As I said it wasn't one way bias from the ref. Couldn't believe the ref didn't give it at the time.  Was it in the box ? Didn't look like it from the away end and I haven't seen a replay.

Andy S

It's very easy to criticise referees, but we have always done it. The referees job is to keep the game moving. They are all miked up these days so the lino's should be helping them out. The speed of the game is what makes life so difficult

Ruislip White

This league is way too important to not have VAR.  One of the biggest leagues in Europe.
In the last 3 games we would have had 2-3 pens and Preston's goal would have been disallowed, which would have put a different complexion on out season.  Of course other decisions would have gone against us too.

Refs have a tough job, and need help.  It's frustrating to see so many games decided by refereeing errors.

bobby01

Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

He had a clear view.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.