watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New stand

Started by MickTheBeard, December 13, 2021, 09:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

I know their is no visual report on updates to see from pitch side as it is mainly riverside and inside they are working on, but I'm mentioning it because our fellow fans in the Putney end who are exiles from the riverside stand, who after 2 years of being loyal deserve an update. However we are talking about Fulham the family club here and I am mentioned this because their is a very strong rumour, that the new stand might not be ready for the start of next season. I am waiting from a meeting held recently and I've heard about it 2nd hand, hoping to here from it 1st hand soon. I do wonder why they said they're not going to use any extra seats? No updates for a few months, chairman has been looking it over, strange.

Riversider

I asked the Supporters Trust to raise this very point at the December meeting, will be interesting to see if we get a reply.

filham

Yes the progress reports seem to have dried up as the work is now mainly internal we are in the dark and   thinking that things may be falling behind schedule.
Having the stand ready for the start of next season runs alongside of the importance of promotion.

Hugh Gentry

Will knowing either way mean the stand will or will not be finished on time?

Riversider

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on December 14, 2021, 11:27:27 AM
Thats not the point is it, it was originally scheduled to be open August 2021 then it was pushed back a year, pushing it back again should be a concern for any Fulham supporter, if not a concern then it should certainly be of interest,  why wouldn't it.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Riversider on December 14, 2021, 12:34:52 PM
Thats not the point is it, it was originally scheduled to be open August 2021 then it was pushed back a year, pushing it back again should be a concern for any Fulham supporter, if not a concern then it should certainly be of interest,  why wouldn't it.

Did you miss Covid, international supply chain issues and lockdown happening that caused delays as well as social distancing that meant less builders can be in one place at a given time? It doesn't exactly take a degree in engineering to understand the issues they're facing

MartyFFC

The sooner it opens the better as far as I'm concerned, getting a half-time pint in the hammy end is becoming nigh on impossible

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 14, 2021, 12:56:25 PM

Did you miss Covid, international supply chain issues and lockdown happening that caused delays as well as social distancing that meant less builders can be in one place at a given time? It doesn't exactly take a degree in engineering to understand the issues they're facing

But, that isn't the case here though, even with those issues, the Riverside stand should be more advanced ..

Let's just say, there's an inquiry going on due to cost, and once that inquiry is conducted, major works will continue, with or without the current contractor.

filham

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on December 14, 2021, 02:41:18 PM

But, that isn't the case here though, even with those issues, the Riverside stand should be more advanced ..

Let's just say, there's an inquiry going on due to cost, and once that inquiry is conducted, major works will continue, with or without the current contractor.
Oh dear that sounds like a breakdown of a good relationship between client and contractor that could result in extra costs as well as long delays.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on December 14, 2021, 02:41:18 PM

is that your knowledge or your speculation please?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

love4ffc

Kind of topic here but I think Joe Bryan is giving updates on the FFC pier.  Looks like they are installing a diving board  :005:

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

mrmicawbers

Quote from: MartyFFC on December 14, 2021, 01:06:23 PM
The sooner it opens the better as far as I'm concerned, getting a half-time pint in the hammy end is becoming nigh on impossible
As I understand it,unless you have a ticket in the new stand you can't use the facilities on match day.

MartyFFC

Quote from: mrmicawbers on December 14, 2021, 04:57:10 PM
Quote from: MartyFFC on December 14, 2021, 01:06:23 PM
As I understand it,unless you have a ticket in the new stand you can't use the facilities on match day.
Yeah I figured the freedom of movement we previously enjoyed would be going. However assuming some are available for under 1K, am very tempted to make the switch