watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Change Is Needed

Started by filham, December 13, 2021, 07:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Only three goals and four points from the last four games, clearly not good enough and if this form continues we will soon drop down the table.
All of the four draws have been similar with us playing pretty football, having most of the possession and dominating the first half but with our opponents gradually coming into the game in the second half. We have lacked punch in the box and it is difficult to see where goals are coming from.
The manager is selecting our best players, we have not had big injury problems but it seems that our tactics have been well observed and managers are able to set up their teams to counter our attacks.

Changes are needed, we are simply hitting our heads against brick walls.

How about trying a 4-4-2 line up with Uniz and Mitro as out and out strikers and a few more long balls thrown in.

NJFulham

Considering the illness that ravaged our squad and playing the team in 2nd place and still not losing ground or games, I'd say we're doing pretty well.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

filham

We were  all fully fit against Luton and really failed to impress . Sheffield United are capable of performing as well as Luton so it is hard to see how we are going to open them up.
We really have to trouble defenses , there is no sign of that right now.

perry geyton

Illness plus the conditions were brutal on Saturday

2 home games incoming, we need 6 points badly

SuffolkWhite

I think the last four draws have had mitigating circumstances, but agree the next games we need to start winning. I don't think there is a problem with the team or Management tactics just got to put the ball in the old onion bag
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Jim©

Whilst the last 4 draws have been disappointing, I think you could easily argue that all 4 should have been wins. We know they're not but we can take a little solace in the fact that we should easily have won two of those games and were held by two dogged battlers away from home (Luton & Preston).
The stats for those 4 games before we panic are;
Fulham shots 65 (on target 19) goals 3
Opposition shots 34 (on target 10)

The only thing you could say is that the goals have dried up. The previous run of games we were scoring for fun and many more of our shots were on target but we had the same amount of shots and chances created in total;
Fulham shots 65 (on target 30) goals 15

So, if anything I'd just like to see us converting more of our chances as we should have doubled our tally in the last 4 games.

Bill2

While I would agree that our recent results have not been as good as expected, we did not lose. But what I have seen of those games is that we just do not get the rub of the green from the ref's. What do we have to do to get a hand ball decision, how many more times is Harry Wilson going to get taken down in the penalty area and not get a penalty and finally why are teams not getting yellow cards when they do a professional foul, when they "take one for the team" but no card given and in some cases not even a free kick, watch the Bournemouth game to see those. We need to be sharper in the box and more accurate, but we are creating chances and when the opposition keeper is their man of the match you know it was one of those games.
We are playing some great football and teams are setting up to stifle us which means that they will not be so aggressive going forward often with two banks of 5 which shows no attacking intent.

filham

Quote from: Jim© on December 14, 2021, 09:45:01 AM
Whilst the last 4 draws have been disappointing, I think you could easily argue that all 4 should have been wins. We know they're not but we can take a little solace in the fact that we should easily have won two of those games and were held by two dogged battlers away from home (Luton & Preston).

The only thing you could say is that the goals have dried up. The previous run of games we were scoring for fun and many more of our shots were on target but we had the same amount of shots and chances created in total;

So, if anything I'd just like to see us converting more of our chances as we should have doubled our tally in the last 4 games.

Jim, you have hit the nail on the head "the goals have dried up" and over four games, as goals win matches that should send warning lights flashing throughout the Cottage. If changes are not made those goals may not reappear over the next four games.

Jim©

Quote from: filham on December 14, 2021, 10:38:30 AM

Jim, you have hit the nail on the head "the goals have dried up" and over four games, as goals win matches that should send warning lights flashing throughout the Cottage. If changes are not made those goals may not reappear over the next four games.

I think changes might affect the chance creation, which is always the key thing for me. Make chances and goals will come. We've missed some sitters in those games and we're due a goal or two.

filham

Quote from: Jim© on December 14, 2021, 10:58:35 AM
Quote from: filham on December 14, 2021, 10:38:30 AM

I think changes might affect the chance creation, which is always the key thing for me. Make chances and goals will come. We've missed some sitters in those games and we're due a goal or two.
Yes we are due to take some of our chances and hopefully goals will flow again against Sheffield United, but what if they don't and we go another game without scoring more than a solitary goal. Sheffield United and then Birmingham will be arriving at the Cottage intent on keeping clean sheets and fully aware of our tactics and will have seen how other teams have stopped us.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: filham on December 13, 2021, 07:26:04 PM
Only three goals and four points from the last four games, clearly not good enough and if this form continues we will soon drop down the table.
All of the four draws have been similar with us playing pretty football, having most of the possession and dominating the first half but with our opponents gradually coming into the game in the second half. We have lacked punch in the box and it is difficult to see where goals are coming from.
The manager is selecting our best players, we have not had big injury problems but it seems that our tactics have been well observed and managers are able to set up their teams to counter our attacks.

How about trying a 4-4-2 line up with Uniz and Mitro as out and out strikers and a few more long balls thrown in.

Genuine question. Do.you ever have anything positive to say about fulham? You seem to only post moans or whinges.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on December 14, 2021, 11:16:19 AM
Quote from: filham on December 13, 2021, 07:26:04 PM

Genuine question. Do.you ever have anything positive to say about fulham? You seem to only post moans or whinges.
Totally agree with Rufus, being worried about a team that hasn't lost in 11 games seems strange to me. All the "but what if we don't score"....."they will be coming to keep a clean sheet" stuff, makes we wonder about people at times.

Do you think any team comes to The Cottage with a view to letting goals in? Do you think the team don't prpare all week as to the best way to win the game? This poster looks at everything that could go wrong and never anything that may (and usually does) go right, what if we have our usual 20 shots on goal and convert 25% of them???

Fulham Tup North

Got to agree with Jim... we are creating the chances just not converting them atm..... Breaking down two banks of 5 is always difficult.... but Christmas is a good time to kick on....
I just hope that we don't go back to no fans in the stadium....😱😱🥺⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"