more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 18/12/21...

Started by WhiteJC, December 17, 2021, 12:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Player's decision to snub €15m move to Fulham seen as good thing – Club can do better

It's been a while since Torino defender Gleison Bremer started being linked with several clubs, with the rumours only growing in the past few months.

In September 2020, Fulham were first said to be interested in the centre-back, and it took some time until they finally made an attempt for his signing, as an offer was apparently made last summer.

The scenario changed a lot since then, as Bremer keeps impressing at Torino and rumours this week have been claiming he's now wanted by the likes of Chelsea, AC Milan and Napoli.

With the big race being formed, Calcio Mercato features a piece on his future and points out that it was probably a good decision for him to reject Fulham's offer in the summer.

"And to think that a few months ago an offer of 15 million from Fulham had rained down, but also rejected because it was the player himself who said he wanted to stay in Turin", Calcio Mercato writes.

"Bremer did not think badly at all, given that the big market in Italy is opening up for him."

Calcio Mercato points out how good it was for Torino that Bremer didn't force his way out for a move to Fulham. Because now with bigger competition, the Italian side should demand €30m, although it's likely clubs will be able to reach a deal for around €25m.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/players-decision-snub-e15m-move-fulham-seen-good-thing-club-can-better/

WhiteJC

Sky Sports EFL pundit outlines clear prediction for Fulham's meeting with Sheffield United

Sky Sports EFL pundit David Prutton has suggested that Fulham will not be able to get back to winning ways when they take on Sheffield United at Craven Cottage on Monday night.

Fulham have seen their form in the Championship just start to drop off slightly over the last few weeks. That comes with Marco Silva's side having been held to four successive draws by Derby County, Preston North End, AFC Bournemouth and Luton Town. Whilst that has extended their unbeaten run, it has also allowed other sides around them to close the gap on them in the table.

It will be important that Fulham return to winning ways and they could potentially have to start their game against Sheffield United on Monday night in second place should Bournemouth secure a victory in their game against Middlesbrough this weekend. That would be something that Silva's side would need to show a swift response to and lay down a marker over their promotion credentials.

Sheffield United, meanwhile, head into the game with renewed optimism under Paul Heckingbottom after he has won his first two matches in charge of the club. Those came against Bristol City and Cardiff City and have moved the Blades closer towards the Championship's play-off places.

Heckingbottom's side missed the chance to extend their run of form and close the gap on the top-six, even more, when their game last week against QPR was postponed.

Making his latest round of predictions for Sky Sports, Prutton suggested that Sheffield United would be able to frustrate Fulham and deny them the chance to get back to winning ways. He believes the game will finish all square at 1-1.

The verdict

You can see where Prutton is coming from here because both sides are capable of delivering strong enough performances to secure a vital three points on Monday night.

However, both teams are also capable of dropping points by making mistakes in key areas of the field and it just might be that they cancel each other out when they clash at Craven Cottage.

Silva's side will need to get back to winning ways at some stage because the teams chasing the top two places are starting to claw back points on them.

This match could be a pivotal point in the campaign and if they were to win then suddenly things would be looking like they were heading in a very promising direction for them this term once again.

If United leave Craven Cottage with three successive wins under Heckingbottom then they should be taken very seriously in terms of them being promotion contenders. Therefore, this is a huge chance for the Blades to show that they mean business by taking all three points.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sky-sports-efl-pundit-outlines-clear-prediction-for-fulhams-meeting-with-sheffield-united/

WhiteJC

Paul Heckingbottom shares Sheffield United team news update ahead of Fulham clash

Sheffield United manager Paul Heckingbottom has revealed that Adlene Guedioura has returned to training after sustaining an ankle injury earlier this year.

Meanwhile, forward Rhian Brewster is also making good progress from his issue.

Brewster sustained a hamstring injury during the club's 2-0 victory over Bristol City last month and was forced to watch on from the sidelines for the Blades' recent showdown with Cardiff City.

In the forward's absence, United managed to seal all three points in this particular fixture as David McGoldrick, Morgan Gibbs-White and Billy Sharp all managed to find the back of the net.

The Blades will be raring to go on Monday after having their meeting with Queens Park Rangers postponed due to a Covid outbreak at the London-based club.

Set to face league leaders Fulham at Craven Cottage, United will unquestionably send out a signal of intent to the rest of the division if they are able to secure all three-points in this fixture.

Ahead of his side's showdown with the Cottagers, Heckingbottom has shared an update on Guedioura and Brewster.

Speaking in his pre-match press conference (as cited by Yorkshire Live) about the duo, the Blades boss said: "Adlene is back in training and [we're] trying to filter him into the group and Rhian is progressing well."

The Verdict

This is unquestionably good news regarding Brewster as he has recently managed to illustrate some signs of promise in the Championship.

After scoring in the club's clash with Blackburn Rovers, the forward backed up this particular display by finding the back of the net during the Blades' showdown with the Robins.

If Brewster is able to build upon these performances when he is fit enough to feature for United, he could become a mainstay in the club's starting eleven.

As for Guedioura, Heckingbottom may need to ease the 36-year-old into action as he has only managed to make two appearances for the Blades this season.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/paul-heckingbottom-shares-sheffield-united-team-news-update-ahead-of-fulham-clash/

WhiteJC

My First Game: Featuring Rodney Marsh, Bobby Moore and George Best

They say you always remember your first game. For many of us, though, we may remember the occasion, the two teams and possibly some of the players. But so often we remember little of the game.

Of course, for someone my age there's no television footage of it either. It's just a score in a programme. There weren't any goals either, so what can I tell you about it? Well, I saw two of the most famous players the game has ever known. Two further players who were legendary in British football. Quite a start to my watching experience.

It was a present for my ninth birthday and my Dad was taking me to my first game. Looking back I think he was just as excited to be there as I was. Unfortunately, he died five years later, so it never occurred to me to ask him about it. Well, at that age you have no idea you need to make notes for memories years later.

I grew up in South East England and many of our nearest league clubs were in London. Fulham was one such club.

1975 had seen them reach the FA Cup Final. They hold the record for playing the most number of matches to reach a Wembley Final, as those were the days when multiple replays existed. The year before, they had signed one of the most famous players in the world. Bobby Moore.

As everyone knows 'Mooro' captained England to their World Cup triumph in 1966 and after more than fifteen years at West Ham, he was allowed to leave. He moved across London to Craven Cottage. Alan Mullery, who was in England's 1970 World Cup squad with Moore, had encouraged his former captain to join him by the Thames. The two were inspirational in helping Fulham reach the FA Cup Final in their first full season together where they came up against, of all teams, West Ham.

By the start of the 1976-77 season Mullery had retired from playing to take over as manager of Brighton. Fulham also had a change of manager as Alec Stock was sacked and replaced by former Arsenal boss, Bobby Campbell.

Campbell set about improving the profile of the club further and encouraged Rodney Marsh to return to the club he'd started his career at back in the early sixties. Marsh was contracted to Tampa Bay Rowdies in the North American Soccer League (NASL), and as it was off-season in the States he was loaned to Fulham.

Marsh of course was good buddies with a certain George Best, who was living in the Kings Road. To the amazement of the Fulham fans and the watching football public, the two rocked up in South London and the Second Division.

At the end of August, Marsh made his debut in a midweek League Cup tie at home to Peterborough. The following Saturday George Best pulled on the number seven shirt and took to the pitch at home to Bristol Rovers. He scored the only goal of the game after seventy-one seconds, heading in a cross from Marsh. It was the stuff of dreams for the watching crowd and would've been manna from heaven for Sky Sports, had they been around in those days.

21,177 turned up to see the two play, along with Moore. The average crowd at the Cottage up to then had been around nine to ten thousand.

Best scored again the next week when they knocked Peterborough out of the League Cup, and when Wolves arrived at Craven Cottage, so too did 25,794. The corresponding fixture the previous season attracted fewer than ten thousand. Best scored again in the next round of the League Cup, and these performances encouraged London Weekend Television to send the cameras down to the Thames to see what all the fuss was about. Fulham took on Hereford and footage can still be found on YouTube of what became an iconic match for the day.

Marsh had scored his first goal a week earlier at Luton and in this match, he hit two. The most famous incident occurred when Fulham were clearly cruising, and Marsh tackled Best in front of an adoring support.

The game was played in a great atmosphere with smiles all round. In the interview afterwards both Best and Marsh certainly seemed to be enjoying their football.

Seven days later things were a little different. Best was sent-off at Southampton and ten-man Fulham were thumped 1-4. The game was a niggly affair and although the incident is slightly off-camera, it appears Best's reputation earned him the red card as he reacted to yet another heavy challenge on him. He received a typically acrimonious reception as he left the pitch. He was then quickly followed down the tunnel by his girlfriend (probably a former Miss World), who'd been taking pictures from behind one of the goals. Fulham's next home game wasn't until a month later when we turned up. Hull City were the visitors and as if to emphasise how the Second Division was becoming a home for footballers in their twilight years, their team contained former Scottish international, Billy Bremner.

Bremner had signed for Hull from Leeds United two days before Marsh and Best were taking Hereford apart. Bremner had spent sixteen years at Leeds in an illustrious career which saw him win League Championship, FA Cup and League Cup winners medals. He captained Scotland during the 1974 World Cup in West Germany.

Also on the pitch that day was Peter Daniel, who was already a U21 international for England. He went onto win a League Cup Winners medal for Wolves when they beat Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest in 1980. Jeff Wealands was in goal for Hull City. He then moved to Birmingham a couple of years later and was their Player of the Season in 1980. John Hawley was up front for Hull. After six years there he moved onto First Division football at Leeds United, Sunderland and then Arsenal. For Fulham, Terry Bullivant was in midfield. After his playing career he went into management, where he managed Barnet, Reading and Crystal Palace and then assistant at Brentford and Aldershot.

So there was I, a fresh faced spotty youth, watching four of the biggest names the game has ever seen on the same football pitch and I hardly remember anything about the game.

I'm the youngest in my family and all my brothers were well aware of these players, so I knew them by name only rather than having seen any footage. Needless to say, I was very excited.

We drove most of the way up from Surrey, then caught the train and got off at Putney Bridge. A short walk brought us to the ground. My recollection is being sat in the Johnny Haynes stand, watching the place gradually fill up. As the players came out onto the pitch, very few warm-ups and pre-match routines in those days, the respective protagonists were pointed out to me.

If I can't remember much about the game then it's at least reassuring to know I didn't miss any goals, as there weren't any. I remember seeing Best on our side of the pitch, the Fulham left wing, but I don't recall any special tricks or flashes of brilliance. But then reading back on Best's days at Fulham he'd lost much of his pace. He only spent one season at Fulham and later recounted it was one of the happiest periods of his life.

Marsh managed to stay at Fulham until mid-February, before heading back to the sun, sea and women in Tampa. God knows why he didn't stay.

Moore left at the end of the season too. He also moved over to North America. Best lasted the season as well, but left early into the next one complaining of unpaid wages.

My most vivid memory of the day was at half-time. A crisp packet had blown onto the pitch and was in the penalty area at the Putney End. I watched, slightly puzzled by the packet, as the wind gradually blew it towards the goal. At the time I believed I was the only one who had seen it, but as it was blown over the goal-line into the goal, a cheer went up in the away end.

Unfortunately, it was the only cheer of the day and we made our way home. Me, still buzzing at the whole experience, but I'm pretty sure my Dad was a little disappointed the game hadn't been as exciting as he'd hoped. To add to the frustration Best scored in his next two matches, including the next at Craven Cottage. But we could both at least come away with having said we saw Bobby Moore, Rodney Marsh, George Best and Billy Bremner play.

Saturday 23rd October 1976, 18,671

FULHAM   (0)   0

HULL CITY   (0)   0

FULHAM: Peter Mellor; John Cutbush, Bobby Moore, Ernie Howe, Les Strong; John Evanson, Alan Slough, Terry Bullivant, George Best; John Mitchell, Rodney Marsh

HULL: Jeff Wealands; Peter Daniel, Paul Haigh, Stuart Croft, Roger de Vries; Gordon Nisbet, George Lyall, Billy Bremner, Chris Galvin; John Hawley, Jeff Hemmerman

https://footballpink.net/my-first-game-featuring-rodney-marsh-bobby-moore-and-george-best/

WhiteJC

Silva hopeful Fulham game will go ahead

Fulham boss Marco Silva is keeping his fingers crossed that Monday's game against Sheffield United will go ahead.

The Championship leaders are one of the few clubs in London not to have a mass of Covid cases run through their squad – and have a full squad available for the visit of the in-form Blades.

However, Silva acknowledged a lot can happen between now and Monday evening with the Omicron variant spreading rapidly across the capital, forcing a number of matches in both the Premier League and EFL to be postponed.

"We are trying to do everything we can to avoid the situation," Silva said.

"I am sure other clubs are doing the same, but even when you think you are doing everything well and doing everything to protect yourselves and the people around you never know what can happen.

"It is fingers crossed, but nothing has happened to us over the last few days or weeks but in London the situation is a lot different and I am sure every single club is doing their best but sometimes you just need some luck."

Earlier this week QPR manager Mark Warburton predicted the EFL and Premier League will make Covid vaccinations mandatory for all players and staff if there continues to be a spate of postponements.

It emerged this week that 25 per cent of players in the EFL said they had no interest in being jabbed and although Silva agreed with Warburton, he believes it would be difficult rule to enforce mid-season.

"I respect his opinion and I think in the future if the situation does not change it will happen," Silva said.

"I am not saying right now in the middle of the season, but if this Covid will be part of our society in 2022 I don't have any doubt it could happen.

"But I don't think it will be something that happens in the middle of the season. But in the future it's something the Premier League, the EFL and other countries could decide to do because everyone would be more protected.

"I am not an expert, but all of us will be more protected if we get vaccinated definitely so let's see what the organisations do."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/silva-hopeful-fulham-game-will-go-ahead

WhiteJC

Silva: 'Fingers crossed' for Fulham game

Marco Silva admits he is keeping his fingers crossed that Fulham's Championship clash against Sheffield United goes ahead as planned on Monday night.

Several top flight and EFL games scheduled to take place this weekend have been postponed as a result of the omicron variant of coronavirus but, at present, Fulham have not been affected. Silva confirmed that he has a fully fit squad to choose from for the visit of the Blades, with only Jay Stansfield unlikely to feature as he continues to recover from knee surgery.

Silva told his pre-match press conference this afternoon:

"We are trying to do everything we can to avoid the situation. I am sure other clubs are doing the same, but even when you think you are doing everything well and doing everything to protect yourselves and the people around you never know what can happen. It is fingers crossed, but nothing has happened to us over the last few days or weeks but in London the situation is a lot different and I am sure every single club is doing their best but sometimes you just need some luck."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/silva-fingers-crossed-for-fulham-game/

WhiteJC

A Catch-Up With Joe Bryan

After starting Fulham's last two matches, Joe Bryan caught up with fulhamfc.com to discuss a range of topics ahead of Monday's clash with Sheffield United.

Two points from the Bournemouth and Luton games – keeps the run going but I'm guessing you boys see those as dropped points?

I think with the quality of the squad we've got, any points that we don't get are seen as dropped points. We should be trying to pick up maximum points in every game. There are very few games in this league that we would look at and be happy to draw.

Against Luton we scored from another set-piece after you'd won a free-kick – historically we've never been prolific from free-kicks and corners, so how good is it to have that in our armoury now?

It's something we spend a lot of time on at the Training Ground. It can be seeing as tedious work to do at training but when it results in goals for, the work is completely worth it. Like I said, we've got a very high quality squad with exceptional delivery, so it's up to the taker to put it in the right place, but ultimately the people attacking it to go and stick their eyes through it.

You've had to be very patient this season, so it must have felt good to get consecutive 90 minutes under your belt?

I've been patient, I understand the dynamics of the squad and where I probably fit into it this year. Ultimately, as a professional footballer, you want to play as many games as possible. I'm training hard every day and helping out when I can, giving advice to those playing and supporting them the best I can. I keep trying my hardest in training, and when I get called upon to do a job and play games, I'll be there ready and waiting.

Fulham fans were looking forward to welcoming Slaviša Jokanović back on Monday and were a little surprised to see him sacked, but they've had a bit of a new manager bounce over there...

It's natural when a new manager comes in to have an upturn in fortunes. I think everyone gives an extra yard because they want to be in the team and they want to impress. I think that's human nature, so we'll have to be wary of that. Obviously they've got a very, very talented squad, one that was in the Premier League not long ago, and the majority of that squad is still together, so we will respect them, but we are where we are for a reason, so we've got to do our best to show that again on Monday. We've not shown it for a few weeks now, so we're all ready to fight to get back to winning ways.

With so many games being cancelled at the moment, does that give you extra incentive to be as safe as possible?

I think it transcends football. I don't think it really matters about football and games being cancelled, I think you should be as safe as possible really, and protect your own health. You get one body, you get one family, so is it not natural to live in the healthiest way possible? I'm not an overthinker about it, if I get told to wear a mask in the supermarket or to use alcohol gel on my hands, then I will. I don't see it as a big nuisance. If we all keep doing everything, all these little things, to stick together and help our fellow human being, I think we'll get through it. It's not the most difficult thing in the world to wear a mask and socially distance. We'll keep doing it, as a Club we're doing it, and hopefully it means that we're all available for most of the games, because if you start getting five or six players having to isolate for 10 days it will really take a toll on the squad, and we've got a lot of big games coming up.

We saw on your Instagram that you braved an outdoor morning swim this week – is that part of a new training regime?

No! I just like doing things that are different. I like challenging myself in different ways, whether that be educational, physical, mental. Nobody wants to go and swim in four degree water at 9 o'clock in the morning on their day off, but for my mental health and to improve my mindset and things like that, as a human being, I like trying things. I think it's boring to just wake up and play on the PlayStation. Try new things, try new experiences, things you wouldn't otherwise do. Challenge yourself, it's important.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/december/17/A-Catch-Up-With-Joe-Bryan/

WhiteJC

Pre-Sheff Utd Press Conference

Sheffield United's upturn in form has come as no surprise to Marco Silva.

The Blades won Slaviša Jokanović's final game in charge, and have also been victorious in each of their outings under new boss Paul Heckingbottom.

"It's a very difficult game, no doubts," Silva said ahead of Monday's showdown. "Not just because they have shown good form in the last few games and they've achieved good results, which will definitely have boosted their confidence.

"But one of your [media] colleagues asked me some weeks ago about the contenders to be promoted, contenders to be in the Play-Offs.

"And of course there are other teams at the top of the league, six-seven teams at the top of the league, and I said that in my opinion there will be one or two more around, and one of those teams that has picked up is Sheffield United.

"I know the quality they have, the individual quality they have, players that know this competition very well, and the Premier League as well. I've played against some of them in the Premier League and I know their quality, I don't have doubts about it.

"And of course, if they are achieving good results, their confidence is in a different level now, and if they are more confident then they are more difficult to beat. It will be a tough game for us, but I am 100 per cent sure that it will be really tough for them as well.

"We have to make things really difficult for them, they will come here to match us, but playing at Craven Cottage with our fans behind us, we want to keep this unbeaten run, but we want to take three points."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/december/17/pre-sheff-utd-press-conference/

WhiteJC

Silva braced for 'difficult' Blades test

Marco Silva expects Marco Silva to make life 'very difficult' for Fulham on Monday night and believes the Blades could make the Championship play-offs if they can continue their improvement under new boss Paul Heckingbottom.

Having won at Reading in what proved to be former Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic's final game in charge, United have picked up maximum points from Heckington's first two fixtures at the helm. Silva is fully aware of the quality within the Blades squad and knows that they will provide a stern test of Fulham's promotion credentials at Craven Cottage.

"It's a very difficult game, no doubts. Not just because they have shown good form in the last few games and they've achieved good results, which will definitely have boosted their confidence. One of your colleagues asked me some weeks ago about the contenders to be promoted, contenders to be in the play-offs.

Of course there are other teams at the top of the league, six, seven teams at the top of the league, and I said that in my opinion there will be one or two more around, and one of those teams that has picked up is Sheffield United. I know the quality they have, the individual quality they have, players that know this competition very well, and the Premier League as well. I've played against some of them in the Premier League and I know their quality, I don't have doubts about it.

If they are achieving good results, their confidence is in a different level now, and if they are more confident then they are more difficult to beat. It will be a tough game for us, but I am 100 per cent sure that it will be really tough for them as well. We have to make things really difficult for them, they will come here to match us, but playing at Craven Cottage with our fans behind us, we want to keep this unbeaten run, but we want to take three points."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/silva-braced-for-difficult-blades-test/

WhiteJC

'Patient' Bryan wants to play his part

Joe Bryan admits he has had to be 'patient' before earning a chance in the Fulham first team – but the full back is eager to play his part in the Whites promotion push.

The former Bristol City left back has largely been second choice to American international Antonee Robinson at left back this season but last weekend's draw with Luton was his second start in a row. He told Fulham's official website:

"I've been patient, I understand the dynamics of the squad and where I probably fit into it this year. Ultimately, as a professional footballer, you want to play as many games as possible. I'm training hard every day and helping out when I can, giving advice to those playing and supporting them the best I can. I keep trying my hardest in training, and when I get called upon to do a job and play games, I'll be there ready and waiting."

Bryan admitted that a run of four successive draws was disappointing and wants the league leaders to get back to winning ways against Sheffield United on Monday night.

"I think with the quality of the squad we've got, any points that we don't get are seen as dropped points. We should be trying to pick up maximum points in every game. There are very few games in this league that we would look at and be happy to draw."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/patient-bryan-wants-to-play-his-part/

WhiteJC

Notes from December meeting with FFC

On Wednesday 15th November at 13:30, the Fulham Supporters' Trust met with Fulham FC via video conference.

The Club was represented by:

Alistair Mackintosh (CEO)
    Darren Preston (Chief Operating Officer)
    Katy Brecht (Head of Ticketing)
    David Daly (Non-Executive Director)
    Aimee McKenzie (Operations and Venue Director)
    Nicola Walworth (Supporter Relations Manager)
    Charlie Harris (Communications Assistant)

Apologies

Carmelo Mifsud (Communications Director)

The FST was represented by Board Members:

Ian Clarke (Vice Chair)
    Simon Duke (Secretary)
    Tamara Dragadze (Board Member)
    Sarah Keig (Board Member)

HOW IT WORKS

The Trust asks any questions that it judges are of interest to supporters, based on responses from Trust Members to the advance notification of the meeting, and by generally interacting with the wider supporter base. There is no restriction placed on which questions the Trust choose to ask or points raised with the Club. These notes are then sent to members only, in advance of being posted on our website.

If any member has raised an issue that it was not possible to discuss in the time available, then please do contact us again in good time before the next meeting or alternatively we can seek to raise it between meetings if that is more appropriate.
TOPICS DISCUSSED

Updates from FST
    Covid checks at Craven Cottage
    Stadium operations and stewarding
    Riverside stand
    Ticketing
    FFCtv
    AOB

UPDATES FROM FST

The Trust provided an update on our recent board elections and introduced our two new board members, Sarah Keig and Tamara Dragadze, who were welcomed to their first monthly Trust-Club meeting.

We also provided positive feedback on the noticeable and welcome increase in the profile of the FFC Women's team in the Club's channels. The recent FA Cup tie versus Oxford United at Motspur Park was considered by attendees to be a very successful event, despite the result, and everyone looked forward to further opportunities to support the women's team.

The Trust highlighted interesting positive feedback from disabled AFC Bournemouth fan Rob Trent relating to accessibility and stewarding, following the recent game at Craven Cottage. This is available to view on YouTube.

COVID CHECKS AT CRAVEN COTTAGE

Following recent national legislation requiring Covid checks to take place at, amongst others, all venues with capacities of over 10,000, a good portion of the meeting was focussed on discussing the plans for checks at Craven Cottage.

The Trust thanked the Club for the very clear and comprehensive note put on the official web site on Tuesday, which we encourage all supporters to read carefully. We asked the Club if they could explain how the checks will work in practice at forthcoming games, starting with the Sheffield United fixture on 20th December.

The Club explained that there will be a "reception line" before the turnstiles at which stewards will check supporters for their relevant Covid documentation, either on smart phone, paper or, in the case of negative lateral flow tests, text or email. Lateral flow devices and vaccination cards will not be accepted. Supporters will also need to show photo ID for which one of the following is acceptable:

Driving Licence
    Passport
    Student card
    Union Card
    Official membership card of any organisation (printed not handwritten).

The checks will take place for all supporters over 18 in line with Government advice and following consultation with the local council Safety Advisory Group (SAG) and local public health officials.

All agreed that this would significantly slow down entry to the ground, particularly for an evening fixture. The Club said they have extended their reduced-price early bird catering to operate from two and a half hours before kick-off until 30 minutes before and they are encouraging as many supporters as possible to please arrive early.

The key messages for all supporters are to

Make sure your Covid documentation is current
    Download your documents before arriving to avoid the need for mobile reception
    Bring photo ID
    Arrive early.

The Club said it will be putting out additional communications between now and the Sheffield United match and the Trust suggested that asking Marco Silva and players to amplify the message about Covid checks in pre-match interviews would be helpful.

The Trust would like to highlight the section of the Club's notes warning that anyone arriving later than 30 minutes before kick-off risks missing a significant portion of the first half of the game. We do understand the difficulties of arriving early for evening games, but please do all you can to help get as many into the ground for kick-off as possible.

STADIUM OPERATIONS AND STEWARDING
Ticket scanning

Following the discussion about probable delays entering the upcoming fixtures due to the additional checks, the Trust asked about speed of access generally, highlighting that some supporters had been admitted into the Johnny Haynes Stand without ticket scans for the AFC Bournemouth fixture.

The Club explained that manual ticket checking has always been available to them as a backup option in the case of overcrowding at the turnstiles and that this was implemented for a section of the Johnny Haynes Stand at the last home game. However, they emphasised that this would not be possible at upcoming fixtures because of the additional checks required.
Sensory room

The Trust asked for an update on a recent incident relating to a supporter being unable to leave the ground when her autistic child was experiencing difficulties, noting that the Club had reached out to the person concerned. The Club explained that although stewards are briefed about how to react in such a situation, the steward in this case made an error for which they had apologised.

In further discussion, we asked whether Craven Cottage has a 'sensory room' as we recalled that there were plans to convert the cash office inside the Johnny Haynes Stand concourse behind the block KL family section before the pandemic. The Club said that there is not, currently, a sensory room but the intention is still to convert the cash office and that they are in regular dialogue with the Fulham Disabled Supporters Association on the matter. Asked for a timetable for the conversion, the Club explained that they are currently talking to contractors about undertaking the work. When it has been created, the Club plan to look to some of the pioneers of sensory rooms at football, for example Sunderland, for best practice in how to make it available.

The Club also said that they offer 'sensory packs' which include sensory friendly toys and ear defenders to any attendees at Craven Cottage with sensory access needs, as well as Fulham FC sunflower lanyards. These are available to collect from the Ticket Office prior to matches or can be brought to fans' seats if the Club is contacted in advance. Fulham FC branded sunflower lanyards can also be posted to fans who require them. For further information on sensory packs and sunflower lanyards please contact the Club directly.
Late returners after half time

A number of members have raised the issue of late returners after half time blocking their views of the match and asked whether stewards could intervene. The Club said that this was difficult to manage in the same way as, say, cricket, and was a problem at all sports stadiums.

We ask all supporters to please be aware of others as you move around, particularly while the game is underway.
Signage for ladies' toilets

Supporters at the Hammersmith End have flagged that the signage at the ladies' toilets near block H5 is confusing as the doorway that the majority of people use to enter is, in fact, marked as an exit, leading to queues at both doors. The Club agreed to look at this, noting that the exit marker had been placed at the end with the handbasins.

In further discussions the Club said that, contrary to impressions, the number of ladies' toilets had in fact increased this season following the conversion of a toilet behind block H7 from gents to ladies.
Safety of stairs in Johnny Haynes Stand

The Trust asked for the Club's views on the safety of the stairs in the Johnny Haynes Stand, following questions from members who found them difficult to use.

The Club said that the stand does fully comply with all health and safety legislation, with areas at the front available for supporters with access difficulties and hand rails in the upper levels. They continue to look at the feasibility of so-called 'P handles' which are used elsewhere in the ground, but that English Heritage were reluctant to authorise their use in the listed building and they would also narrow the 'vomitories' with knock-on impacts on access.

The Club said they are always happy to discuss a seat move should any supporter have particular access difficulties.
Injury to supporter at Luton

The Trust said we were very concerned to hear news of an injury to one of our longstanding fans at Luton, who was knocked over and hurt by others rushing to the front of the stand when our goal was scored. The Club replied that they were also aware of the incident and were currently liaising with Luton Town on the matter.

The Trust is aware that the behaviour of some of our fans has recently fallen short of what we should expect and, whilst a difficult area to control and influence, we have asked if we can discuss this further with the club in the new year. We do ask all supporters to be aware of the safety and comfort of fellow fans, particularly at away games where seat choice is limited, and behave accordingly.

RIVERSIDE STAND
Update videos

The Trust asked whether a new update video was scheduled, with supporters particularly interested in progress inside the stand. The Club said that a new update video is planned for this month.
River walk

Following a question from a member, the Club confirmed that the opening of the river walk was planned to coincide with the opening of the stand, not before.
Moving supporters back from the Putney End

The Trust explained that we are keen that the move back from the Putney End to the new Riverside Stand should be as painless as possible and, within reason, cater for supporters' requirements for their new seats. We will be undertaking a short survey in the New Year aimed at better understanding the priorities of returning Riversiders, to which the Club agreed to provide input.

TICKETING
Loyalty points

The Trust explained some concern amongst supporters related to the accumulation and use of loyalty points, particularly in the light of the very quick sale of the low allocation at Luton and the apparent lack of detailed breakdown on the new ticketing system of loyalty points accrued. We asked why loyalty points had not been used for the Luton fixture and what plans were in place for future away games.

The Club explained that, despite the low allocation at Luton, no fixture this season had sold at such a speed and the tickets were not expected to sell out in under a day. They agreed that loyalty points would have been a good option in hindsight and that they were available on the new ticketing system if considered necessary for upcoming fixtures. However, they also pointed out that the Club's ability to use loyalty points for staggered allocation of tickets is heavily dependent on timely allocation information and ticket access from the home club, which often was not easy to obtain.

In addition, the Club highlighted that they had operated a waiting list for all season ticket holders who had contacted them having been unable to secure a ticket for Luton and that everyone on the list had subsequently been contacted to purchase a returned ticket. A similar waiting list is in operation for the Reading game and will be for any future sold out away games. The Trust said that we thought this was a very good initiative. Please contact the ticket office on 0203 871 0810 to be added to the Reading waiting list.

The Trust said that we considered that it will be essential to use loyalty points for the Bournemouth fixture towards the end of the season, given the small allocation and likely importance of the game. Other games that might be considered include WBA and QPR, although the latter will have a relatively large allocation. However, much depends on any moves for TV and the number of tickets the home club expects to sell to its own supporters.

The Club pointed out that sale by loyalty points will always be on a one per season ticket holder basis meaning that supporters who usually sit together, including family members, may not be able to do so if loyalty points are used.

Regarding the update and visibility of loyalty points on the new SecuTix ticketing system, the Club said that they had recently been through a multi-stage process of updating supporters' accounts which included

Import of loyalty point balances from Ticketmaster accounts
    Retrospective addition of loyalty points for games sold by the new system (completed 4-6 weeks ago)
    Adding loyalty points for each new fixture attended.

On this latter point, the Club explained that under Ticketmaster, loyalty points were awarded when the relevant ticket was bought, whereas under SecuTix loyalty points are awarded after the fixture is played. SecuTix also does not provide the breakdown of points awarded per game that was available on the Ticketmaster system, but all loyalty points, including for season tickets, half season tickets, memberships and ticket purchases, are now up to date and available to view on the bottom right-hand side of the ticketing account homepage. Anyone who thinks their loyalty points balance is incorrect is asked to contact the Ticket Office.
Season ticket exchange

In a similar vein to the previous discussion, the Trust asked whether the SecuTix system supported the ticket exchange which has previously been used for (close to) sold out fixtures and, if so, when this would be available to supporters. The Club said that the SecuTix ticket exchange facility for season ticket holders is ready to be used if necessary, but that it would only be available should ticket sales reach a near sell-out sufficiently early in the sales cycle. The ticket exchange won't be available (and wasn't before) if games are not close to selling out.
Coaches from other parts of London

On behalf of some supporters who live on the east side of London, the Trust asked whether the Club would consider providing additional coaches to away matches from other parts of London. The Club said that it was unsure whether there would be sufficient demand given the likely costs involved as even the coaches from Motspur Park and Craven Cottage were often run at a loss. They asked that anyone interested in a coach from east London contact the them so that an assessment can be made.

FFCTV
Domestic streaming

The Trust asked for clarification of the rules concerning making games available to stream to domestic audiences, following comments received that the Derby fixture had been unavailable. The Club said the Derby fixture was available on FFCtv, had been widely advertised and received a good domestic audience. Anyone who paid for the game but was unable to view should contact the Club. They also confirmed that the rules currently listed on the FFCtv pages are correct, namely that games are available domestically providing the following criteria are met:

The match kick-off is not between 14:45 and 18:45 on a Saturday
    The fixture is not chosen as a live broadcast on Sky Sports (excluding the Red Button service)
    The game is not on the final weekend of the season
    For displaced matches or games held on a Bank Holiday, the home club retains the option of whether the match is available to stream.

On this latter point, the Trust asked whether the Boxing Day fixture against Birmingham was considered to be a Bank Holiday game. The Club said that a decision on whether the Birmingham game would be streamed domestically had not yet been made.
Missed payments

The Trust enquired as to why some FFCtv payments had not been taken during the autumn. The Club said that this was an error from the third-party provider, leading to the September, October and November payments being taken during December and that as soon as they became aware of the error they issued this statement.
'Beyond the Mic' – Jim & Jamie

This is a popular feature and the Trust asked whether it would be available for all fixtures. The Club said that they planned to provide the 'Beyond the Mic' content for key fixtures, but not all.

AOB
Forever Fulham

The Trust said we continued to have excellent feedback on the Forever Fulham awards, but that they were often hard to hear inside the ground and supporters would like them to be made more prominent on the web site to watch after matches. The Club agreed to look at how these could be further promoted.
Man of the Match voting

Some supporters have asked for man of the match voting to be kept open longer. The Club said that they needed to prioritise other web site content, particularly with so many matches coming quickly, and so they preferred to keep the timeline as it is currently.
Clappers

The Trust asked about the environmental impact of the clappers, raising the question of whether they could be made available to those that want them at the turnstiles rather than the seats. The Club and Trust agreed that additional delays in the limited turnstile area would not be sensible, but the Club did confirm that clappers are biodegradable and that any left behind are fully recycled.
Guest WiFi

The Trust asked whether it was possible to make WiFi available in the ground as mobile coverage at football stadia is very limited with large crowds. The Club said that it would not be possible to provide on such a scale.
Age UK initiative

The Trust highlighted our initiative with Age UK to help women uncomfortable to attend a match alone to do so in a welcoming environment and thanked the Club for its offer to help. We will keep supporters updated.

The meeting ended at 14:45

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2021/12/notes-from-december-meeting-with-ffc-3/

WhiteJC

Newcastle eye Adarabioyo move

Newcaslte have identified Fulham centre back Tosin Adarabioyo as a potential January signing as they look to strengthen their defence, according to the Times.

The former Manchester City defender has been a longstanding Newcastle target, with Steve Bruce having reportedly been keen to take Adarabioyo to St. James' Park following Fulham's relegation from the Premier League last season. The Times suggests that the 6ft 5in centre back has been earmarked again as the club's new owners and Eddie Howe have priortised defensive recruitment next month after two heavy defeats in a week.

Newcastle have scouted Adarabioyo extensively this season but Fulham will be loath to let the 24 year-old leave Craven Cottage with the Whites sitting top of the Championship. He acquitted himself well in the top flight, helping to solidify a shaky defence even if he was unable to beat the drop, and has formed an excellent partnership with the experienced Tim Ream under Marco Silva this season. Adarabioyo, whose current contract in west London runs until 2023 with Fulham holding an option to extend by a further year, has made 53 appearances for the Cottagers and scored his first goal in the 1-1 draw with Bournemouth earlier this month.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/newcastle-eye-adarabioyo-move/

WestSussexWhite

if Newcastle do come for Tosin, I hope we take them to the cleaners as we know how desperate they are

SG

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on December 18, 2021, 06:55:51 AM
if Newcastle do come for Tosin, I hope we take them to the cleaners as we know how desperate they are

And they have money to burn. £25m minimum I'd say

Snibbo

Would make no sense for him to join them, and end up on the Championship next year, rather than stay with us and likely play in the Prem next year. (Other than, of course, money)

filham

Newcastle sniffing around Tosin shows that our priority for the January window is to ensure that we do not lose any of our best players. Carvalho, Tosin, Tete, Robinson, Seri and Mitro could all be targets for other clubs.

Woolly Mammoth

Fulham are in a good place at the moment which is paramount, plus being a London Club is crucial.
Newcastle for example are a one club City hence the reason why they have a large fan base. That is all that is going for them  Yes they have a quality ground but in the North East of England by the North Sea is not the best location.
Nevertheless, their new owners are controversial for obvious reasons and they are clearly amongst the relegation candidates which is nothing to shout about.
A club their size you would have thought should have won more Trophies and be amongst the big boys more frequently.
However, their recent history is littered with so many errors of judgement that it has had a massive impact on their lack of success, and it appears will be ongoing.
That is why i have empathy with Eddie Howe as the job is a poisoned chalice and there is no light at the end of the tunnel, only the grim reaper holding a candle in one hand and a P45 in the other for any manager who naturally feels initially it is a great job and a challenge that they can be successful.
but there is a pattern which signifies to me that they have not learned by their mistakes and have under performed because they are not a club that players who would like to win trophies will wish to join.
Perhaps it's the money they are paid which can be lucrative, but when they last opened Newcastles trophy cabinet a Witchfinder General fell out.
My conclusion is that i cannot see why any current Fulham player would be even interested in joining the Magpies.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: whitejc on December 18, 2021, 12:25:32 AM
TICKETING
Loyalty points

The Trust explained some concern amongst supporters related to the accumulation and use of loyalty points, particularly in the light of the very quick sale of the low allocation at Luton and the apparent lack of detailed breakdown on the new ticketing system of loyalty points accrued. We asked why loyalty points had not been used for the Luton fixture and what plans were in place for future away games.

The Club explained that, despite the low allocation at Luton, no fixture this season had sold at such a speed and the tickets were not expected to sell out in under a day. They agreed that loyalty points would have been a good option in hindsight and that they were available on the new ticketing system if considered necessary for upcoming fixtures. However, they also pointed out that the Club's ability to use loyalty points for staggered allocation of tickets is heavily dependent on timely allocation information and ticket access from the home club, which often was not easy to obtain.

Find it hard to believe that the club couldn't foresee this. It sold out in about 2 hours?

I'd assumed they didn't use loyalty points due to the new system not yet supporting it.