News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nothing is won over Xmas and the new year BUT…..

Started by FulhamStu, December 18, 2021, 05:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

It certainly helps if you are ahead of the rest.

Facts is we are top, have a ridiculous goal difference and have a first 11 that is now fairly clear.
We also have one of, if not, the best coach and best squad of players who appear very much together
and in great spirit.

Fulham tend to get better when the spring gets closer with better conditions and whilst we will certainly
experience a few more bumps in the road, we really could not ask for much more.  Our two main rivals
In WBA and Bournemouth are very wobbly, we thumped one 3-0 and certainly should have beaten the other.  Blackburn will not keep up this current form and may well sell some prized assets in January, we may even make a cheeky bid or two but I doubt it.  I don't see us buying unless we get crazy offers for the likes of Mitro, Tosin or Robinson which is possible.  Maybe a loan to buy if the right player becomes available.

Apart from a couple of other games, Coventry 2nd half being a bit of a nightmare, we have looked good or very good, the Reading game was just a one off.  The recent draws were largely down to illness in the camp and a poor 2nd. Half v Luton which was not good enough, I am sure the players will have been left in no uncertain doubt that this was not acceptable.  If ever there was a game for Reed and maybe Chalobah this was it but again football will do this occasionally and you just move on.

I am rarely as confident that Fulham will succeed as I currently am so hopefully they will not let me down.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Just the failure of Kebano, Wilson, Carvelho or BDR to score a single goal among the four of them in the last four matches that is worrying. Lets hope they can correct that in the next two matches to restore our confidence in them. A couple of 3-0 wins will do nicely.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: filham on December 18, 2021, 06:41:54 PM
Just the failure of Kebano, Wilson, Carvelho or BDR to score a single goal among the four of them in the last four matches that is worrying. Lets hope they can correct that in the next two matches to restore our confidence in them. A couple of 3-0 wins will do nicely.

The difference is... we're still making the chance's, we had a couple of game's where half the squad was ill....if we keep making the chance's - we get point's on the board

Fulham Tup North

I wanted 100 Goals... we are 1 below our target... need 2 every game now (and one 3)... time to shine
COYW ⚽️⚽️👍
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Ruislip White

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 18, 2021, 05:59:38 PM
It certainly helps if you are ahead of the rest.

Facts is we are top, have a ridiculous goal difference and have a first 11 that is now fairly clear.
We also have one of, if not, the best coach and best squad of players who appear very much together
and in great spirit.

Fulham tend to get better when the spring gets closer with better conditions and whilst we will certainly
experience a few more bumps in the road, we really could not ask for much more.  Our two main rivals
In WBA and Bournemouth are very wobbly, we thumped one 3-0 and certainly should have beaten the other.  Blackburn will not keep up this current form and may well sell some prized assets in January, we may even make a cheeky bid or two but I doubt it.  I don't see us buying unless we get crazy offers for the likes of Mitro, Tosin or Robinson which is possible.  Maybe a loan to buy if the right player becomes available.

Apart from a couple of other games, Coventry 2nd half being a bit of a nightmare, we have looked good or very good, the Reading game was just a one off.  The recent draws were largely down to illness in the camp and a poor 2nd. Half v Luton which was not good enough, I am sure the players will have been left in no uncertain doubt that this was not acceptable.  If ever there was a game for Reed and maybe Chalobah this was it but again football will do this occasionally and you just move on.

I am rarely as confident that Fulham will succeed as I currently am so hopefully they will not let me down.
Good post!

filham

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 19, 2021, 10:05:58 AM

The difference is... we're still making the chance's, we had a couple of game's where half the squad was ill....if we keep making the chance's - we get point's on the board
Our attacking players have demonstrated that they know how to miss chances, we need to see chances taken , it is goals that count.

Woolly Mammoth

I once won a Raffle over Christmas and the New Year.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on December 19, 2021, 11:53:23 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 19, 2021, 10:05:58 AM

Our attacking players have demonstrated that they know how to miss chances, we need to see chances taken , it is goals that count.

They have also demonstrated more frequently that they know how to score. At a much higher rate than any other team in this division. Which is why we are first, with a far better goal difference than anyone else.

LittleErn

It's interesting to compare our reaction to a drop in form compared with Bournemouth fans. IMHO that's because Parker's drab, cautious brand of football can only be enjoyed if it leads to wins. Our's is enjoyable win or lose.

3 Cherries

Quote from: LittleErn on December 19, 2021, 01:08:21 PM
It's interesting to compare our reaction to a drop in form compared with Bournemouth fans. IMHO that's because Parker's drab, cautious brand of football can only be enjoyed if it leads to wins. Our's is enjoyable win or lose.

Stretching it a tad...