watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR; The “Strictly” thankfest……

Started by ron, December 18, 2021, 07:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

I'm endur...., I mean enjoying.... The OTT thankfest, where superlatives are commonplace.

I wonder if anyone will ever have the bottle to say;"Did I enjoy myself? No, it was total s***e "!

Woolly Mammoth

"Did i enjoy myself ? no !! it was total s***e."
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

The boss insists on watching this nonsense, painfull.

sunburywhite

I cant say anything in case I am ruled out for being non PC when I talk about BALLroom dancing
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

mrmicawbers

Haven't watched that or the Jungle shite and have no intentions of starting now.Never been on Facebook,to many skeletons in the cupboard and took myself off what's app thank God. Don't miss it one bit.Funny thing is I do get it but not got the time for it.

Art Vandelay

I'm also being forced to watch it, they really pad it it out and it's a tough 2 hour watch

Steeeeeeeeeed

Giovanni and Rose are just a beautiful couple, I have hardly watched any Strictly ever, but they are great to watch. ♥️

Yes I am serious.  Wish I could move like that, and Rose just seems like an amazing woman to be fair, really impressive what she has achieved.

. Much better than that Jungle Animal Torture junk program for sure.

ron

Ahhhhhhh, it's over. I lasted out to the end, and now it's 10 months off until the love-in starts all over again.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

john dempsey

Quote from: ron on December 18, 2021, 09:01:27 PM
Ahhhhhhh, it's over. I lasted out to the end, and now it's 10 months off until the love-in starts all over again.
Except for the Christmas day special. Enjoy.

HobGoblin

it's boring mainstream entertainment, same as is served up on itv.

If you haven't seen it, id' recomend Cowboy Bebop on Netflix, really enjoyed it

Twig

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on December 18, 2021, 08:57:31 PM
Giovanni and Rose are just a beautiful couple, I have hardly watched any Strictly ever, but they are great to watch. ♥️

Yes I am serious.  Wish I could move like that, and Rose just seems like an amazing woman to be fair, really impressive what she has achieved.

. Much better than that Jungle Animal Torture junk program for sure.

Only ever watched the jungle thing once, never again. Same goes for that "celebrity"  house thing. Never watched love island or any GB's got talent stuff.

But I do agree that whilst Strictly might not be everyone's cuppa at least there is some talent on show and some quite moving moments. (Plus a lot of excessive hype obviously).

filham

Overflowing with superlatives, tears and emotion, lets get Andy Murray in the show next year to give us some honest plain speaking.

HV71

Many of my relatives have been deaf . Many years ago two of my uncles had to give up playing football at a reasonably high level because they could not hear the whistle. Watching Rose win has been inspirational to many , many people. Dancing to that level without being able to hear the music is truly extraordinary. Added to this John and Johannes have done an amazing job as a same sex couple. The show is entertaining and opens up society to other aspects of society that may not touch them . Certainly don't watch it if you don't like it but it gives pleasure to millions which cannot be a bad thing.
At times it gets cheesy but this series has , on occasions , reduced me to tears - and I don't mind admitting it

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on December 18, 2021, 10:02:42 PM
Overflowing with superlatives, tears and emotion, lets get Andy Murray in the show next year to give us some honest plain speaking.

I have to disagree and protest.
Murrey has no personality or social skills, is more wooden than a woodpecker locked in a Timber Yard and is more boring than watching a Dung Beatle pushing a ball of dung uphill.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I have to admit I find it very enjoyable and the winning couple deserved it tonight and the skill they danced with is far better than I have ever achieved. The gay couple were only the width of a fag paper behind. Great competition. With good judges

TheDaddy

With three girls in my house what chance do i have . Day one ask stupid questions, Jump up from the sofa and dance like a dad , ask for a 10 receive rolling eyes and numerous tuts receive ridicules 2 and a possible 3 but undecided. Repeat above again .

Result in being banished from the front room and asked to not return until series is over 
Sadly take the walk of shame to the kitchen open the fridge to find your stock of  :beer: :beer: :beer: stick your music on and enjoy . 
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

blingo

Quote from: TheDaddy on December 19, 2021, 07:41:29 AM
With three girls in my house what chance do i have . Day one ask stupid questions, Jump up from the sofa and dance like a dad , ask for a 10 receive rolling eyes and numerous tuts receive ridicules 2 and a possible 3 but undecided. Repeat above again .

Result in being banished from the front room and asked to not return until series is over 
Sadly take the walk of shame to the kitchen open the fridge to find your stock of  :beer: :beer: :beer: stick your music on and enjoy . 

Yes, but you have to bow to that gorgeous Princess like it or not Daddy.

bog

Never watched it. Ever. What annoys me is the BBC when they go on and on about the show. This wintry morn they spoke of the who had won and it was as if a cure for the Covid had been found overnight by that winner. Wow! Wow! Wow!

092.gif 

Mince n Tatties

How about reading a good book instead of watching rubbish on TV,there's thousands of great books out there.
I've just started reading Great Expectations again,fabulous.