https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR; The “Strictly” thankfest……

Started by ron, December 18, 2021, 07:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDaddy

Quote from: blingo on December 19, 2021, 08:42:00 AM
Quote from: TheDaddy on December 19, 2021, 07:41:29 AM
With three girls in my house what chance do i have . Day one ask stupid questions, Jump up from the sofa and dance like a dad , ask for a 10 receive rolling eyes and numerous tuts receive ridicules 2 and a possible 3 but undecided. Repeat above again .

Result in being banished from the front room and asked to not return until series is over 
Sadly take the walk of shame to the kitchen open the fridge to find your stock of  :beer: :beer: :beer: stick your music on and enjoy . 

Yes, but you have to bow to that gorgeous Princess like it or not Daddy.
As  always mate and that's no joke turned  12 four days ago What a madam , Now have to compete with some pop star called George Ezra for her affections and im losing badly lol
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

SP

Quote from: TheDaddy on December 19, 2021, 07:41:29 AM
With three girls in my house what chance do i have . Day one ask stupid questions, Jump up from the sofa and dance like a dad , ask for a 10 receive rolling eyes and numerous tuts receive ridicules 2 and a possible 3 but undecided. Repeat above again .

Result in being banished from the front room and asked to not return until series is over 
Sadly take the walk of shame to the kitchen open the fridge to find your stock of  :beer: :beer: :beer: stick your music on and enjoy . 

Same here, I decided to show an interest in her programme & was told in no uncertain terms to shut up.  I'll wait now for payback when she asks a football related question during a match.

Holders

Yes, the thankfest was over the top but I suspect it was time-filling after the other finalist got injured.

How Rose can do it when she's deaf leaves me speechless (no pun intended). Before anyone criticises, make sure you've tried it as a hearing person first.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham 442

Quote from: HV71 on December 18, 2021, 10:16:17 PM
Many of my relatives have been deaf . Many years ago two of my uncles had to give up playing football at a reasonably high level because they could not hear the whistle. Watching Rose win has been inspirational to many , many people. Dancing to that level without being able to hear the music is truly extraordinary. Added to this John and Johannes have done an amazing job as a same sex couple. The show is entertaining and opens up society to other aspects of society that may not touch them . Certainly don't watch it if you don't like it but it gives pleasure to millions which cannot be a bad thing.
At times it gets cheesy but this series has , on occasions , reduced me to tears - and I don't mind admitting it
I have never watched Strictly before but after hearing so much about this year's competition we did tune in for the final last night and thought it was marvellous, apart from all the cheesy padding which was only to be expected.  I thought the finalists were brilliant and either couple could have won it.  In John and Johannes case it was hard to tell who was the professional dancer.

Holders

She danced to "The Rose"   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxSTzSEiZ2c

"It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance". True words. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 19, 2021, 09:15:15 AM
How about reading a good book instead of watching rubbish on TV,there's thousands of great books out there.
I've just started reading Great Expectations again,fabulous.

I agree. I love all Dickens 'books. Bleak House especially.   :54:

SG

Didn't watch it and get banned from the room in any event. Awful programme imo. presenters and judges - it's all about them, aimless clapping and cheering drives me nuts. I'd rather pull my nails off.
Disappear up in the loft to work on model railway with some music and a beer - bliss.

SG

Quote from: bog on December 19, 2021, 10:51:17 AM
How about reading a good book instead of watching rubbish on TV,there's thousands of great books out there.

I've started reading Mike Greggs Grandads book The rifleman. What a guy.

Mince n Tatties

Yes Sir Bleak House is super,Davie Copperfield,Old Curiosity shop....All good.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 18, 2021, 10:22:45 PM
Quote from: filham on December 18, 2021, 10:02:42 PM
Overflowing with superlatives, tears and emotion, lets get Andy Murray in the show next year to give us some honest plain speaking.
Oh dear Woolly, we have a problem on this one as I can't see how we are even going to reach even a compromise.
Andy is a hero of mine and while he is top at his sport he is a good example of hard work and honesty. I will not hear a word against him.
We had best concentrate on Fulham matters where we will have 99% agreement.

I have to disagree and protest.
Murrey has no personality or social skills, is more wooden than a woodpecker locked in a Timber Yard and is more boring than watching a Dung Beatle pushing a ball of dung uphill.

ALG01

i like strictly but have not watched for a few years. i cannot stand the inconsistency and gushing from the judges.

i did watch the final last night and did enjoy it but the judges gave out 10s to everyone for everything even though the dances were not faultless...and it takes way too long. will not watch next series but happy for those that love it.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 19, 2021, 11:17:22 AM

i am looking for a book on how to fit automatic gear boxes, but the Library only has manuals  !!
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on December 19, 2021, 11:43:14 AM
Overflowing with superlatives, tears and emotion, lets get Andy Murray in the show next year to give us some honest plain speaking.
Oh dear Woolly, we have a problem on this one as I can't see how we are even going to reach even a compromise.
Andy is a hero of mine and while he is top at his sport he is a good example of hard work and honesty. I will not hear a word against him.

Murrey has no personality or social skills, is more wooden than a woodpecker locked in a Timber Yard and is more boring than watching a Dung Beatle pushing a ball of dung uphill.

filham, it was not a word i wrote against him you had to hear, it was a whole paragraph against him.
In fact i am currently in the process of writing an essay against him, followed by publishing a book against him, and if i have time, a film against him followed by a sequel against him.

Never forget your Roots.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Like many I too was banned (not cancelled) to the kitchen.
Watched Whisky Galore! followed by The Snow Wolf a Winter's Tale both very enjoyable.
Delighted though that Rose & Gio won.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 19, 2021, 11:17:22 AM

I bought a book on how to scam people on line, that was three months ago and i still have not received it.

Never forget your Roots.

LittleErn

Quote from: ron on December 18, 2021, 09:01:27 PM
Ahhhhhhh, it's over. I lasted out to the end, and now it's 10 months off until the love-in starts all over again.

Sorry. There's a Christmas special!

Ahh. Just seen the earlier response! Still, forewarned is forearmed.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 19, 2021, 12:04:58 PM
Quote from: filham on December 19, 2021, 11:43:14 AM

filham, it was not a word i wrote against him you had to hear, it was a whole paragraph against him.
In fact i am currently in the process of writing an essay against him, followed by publishing a book against him, and if i have time, a film against him followed by a sequel against him.
No need to say another word Woolly, you have succeeded in fully winding me up.

ffcne

I watched  Benny Hill on more gold channel last night.
Came with a paragraph of warnings.