more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silva is the current worst member of the squad

Started by ALG01, December 20, 2021, 10:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Quote from: MartyFFC on December 22, 2021, 05:06:45 PM
We're top of the league, and despite the poor run have only really had one poor performance against Sheffield United. Even then, we were the width of the crossbar away from a draw. Perspective.

Actually recently we have had many sub standard perormances. At Luton we were very poor taking the lead against the run of play and only switching on after the eqiualiser but never looked much like getting the winner. Bournemouth, who we dominated, were comfortably containing us and I never thought we were likely to win (save for the last 7 minutes or so). derby was poor and even one or two of our wins were a bit lack lustre so its more than one or two odd games. Four drws and a defeat is a wake up call that we need to modify tactics and also one or two players look like they can do with a kick up the you know where. That's how I see it anyway.

ffcthereligion

This thread is so toxic. We're literally top of the league 😂

Deeping_white

Quote from: ffcthereligion on December 23, 2021, 12:28:12 PM

Yeah but if you listen to all the part timers on the forum who've had to wait 11 games for a loss to re-appear and moan (this isn't aimed at the OP before mods or ALG01 himself think it is), we're actually rubbish, won't finish in the top 6 and will end up mid table

toshes mate

Quote from: ALG01 on December 23, 2021, 12:10:30 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on December 23, 2021, 08:10:30 AM
I am unsure what the value of calling Silva the worst member of the squad is other than drawing attention to the thread.  For starters the claim is without proof, doesn't solve anything even if true, and produces no substantial evidence to back the claim up simply because, at this stage, there isn't any.   

Had Adarabioyo not been sent off then Hector would presumably have been, at best, on the bench.  A head coach cannot operate in isolation. S/he has their own team of assistants who are all free to vote with their feet.  The players conversely have freely signed contracts and get paid regardless.   If they want to play regularly then by quite an early age they will know how the system tends to work.   Hector is in competition for a place in the team and he will know exactly what is required to overtake the present occupant(s) of the position(s) he covets.

I don't know if there are problems at the Club which have arisen from the current poor run but my best bet is that it is the simple case of the honeymoon period being over and now the relationship between Silva and the Club will either prove itself to be good or not as the case may be.    All staff tend to go through this same period or phase of largely indeterminate length but there is nothing in management 101 that covers it.   However a book about randomness would tell you that any and all human beings find it a hell of subject to even begin to understand.

I wish you all a very happy Xmas.

thank you for your usual style of response and misquote and presumably intentional misreading/understanding of what i said. I intentionally said Silva was currently the worst perfomer despite me actully liking him. Current worst, not overall worst, as you suggest. he needs to doi much bettter, and he is surely capable of much better.

He has has demonstatably not adapted our tactics to accomdate the fact teams are now all setting up to stop up us. this was apparent in  very many recent games Luton and sheffield united being obvious examples when they both adopted the same approach to denying our wide men space, the key to all that has been good.

The issue about tosin's return is entirely to do with management of people and how it affects the whole group. Silva made a massive error of management judgement. Tosin IMO is the better player but that change then will have resonated through the squad. Hector was doing OK and we were playing well but he was instantly dropped. This is rank bad management for team spirit because you need the whole squad not just the first 11 or 12 and he slapped the rest of the squad in the face with that. It is basic stuff.

I wish you a happy christmas and hope on boxing day we can move on to discuss how we came to win so handsomely.  :wine:

Misquote?  Apart form the thread title I haven't quoted you at all.  I have simply expressed a rather different way at looking at things which avoids applying blame where no blame exists. 

ALG01

It is not toxic and I am sorry you see it that way. But 4 draws, a loss and not playing well needs to be discussed and I was saying that solva really has to buck his ideas up. it is not just the players. However some people think being critical about anything is moaning or toxic is the real moan and toxic thing  064.gif

happy Christmas  :wine:

colinwhite

Silva has shown he can get the best out of the team . Hes not flawless and neither are any of the players ,but the its been afantastic first half of the season  really needs to have a think about expectation levels. As for plan B ,well that just for people who dont really get how plan A works .

ALG01

Quote from: toshes mate on December 23, 2021, 01:38:04 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on December 23, 2021, 12:10:30 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on December 23, 2021, 08:10:30 AM
I am unsure what the value of calling Silva the worst member of the squad is other than drawing attention to the thread.  For starters the claim is without proof, doesn't solve anything even if true, and produces no substantial evidence to back the claim up simply because, at this stage, there isn't any.   

Had Adarabioyo not been sent off then Hector would presumably have been, at best, on the bench.  A head coach cannot operate in isolation. S/he has their own team of assistants who are all free to vote with their feet.  The players conversely have freely signed contracts and get paid regardless.   If they want to play regularly then by quite an early age they will know how the system tends to work.   Hector is in competition for a place in the team and he will know exactly what is required to overtake the present occupant(s) of the position(s) he covets.

I don't know if there are problems at the Club which have arisen from the current poor run but my best bet is that it is the simple case of the honeymoon period being over and now the relationship between Silva and the Club will either prove itself to be good or not as the case may be.    All staff tend to go through this same period or phase of largely indeterminate length but there is nothing in management 101 that covers it.   However a book about randomness would tell you that any and all human beings find it a hell of subject to even begin to understand.

I wish you all a very happy Xmas.

thank you for your usual style of response and misquote and presumably intentional misreading/understanding of what i said. I intentionally said Silva was currently the worst perfomer despite me actully liking him. Current worst, not overall worst, as you suggest. he needs to doi much bettter, and he is surely capable of much better.

He has has demonstatably not adapted our tactics to accomdate the fact teams are now all setting up to stop up us. this was apparent in  very many recent games Luton and sheffield united being obvious examples when they both adopted the same approach to denying our wide men space, the key to all that has been good.

The issue about tosin's return is entirely to do with management of people and how it affects the whole group. Silva made a massive error of management judgement. Tosin IMO is the better player but that change then will have resonated through the squad. Hector was doing OK and we were playing well but he was instantly dropped. This is rank bad management for team spirit because you need the whole squad not just the first 11 or 12 and he slapped the rest of the squad in the face with that. It is basic stuff.

I wish you a happy christmas and hope on boxing day we can move on to discuss how we came to win so handsomely.  :wine:

Misquote?  Apart form the thread title I haven't quoted you at all.  I have simply expressed a rather different way at looking at things which avoids applying blame where no blame exists.

the misquote is he is 'currently' the worst member and you left out the word current. That is the whole point and to say no blame rests with him exists is questionable as he selects the team and sets the tactcs and they have not been modified to accomodate the change way teams are playing against us. Blame absolutely does lay at his door, and I am sure he will get it right but as this has has gone on for a few games it, IMO,  needs saying in no uncertain terms.

ALG01

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 23, 2021, 01:04:39 PM

Yeah but if you listen to all the part timers on the forum who've had to wait 11 games for a loss to re-appear and moan (this isn't aimed at the OP before mods or ALG01 himself think it is), we're actually rubbish, won't finish in the top 6 and will end up mid table

I agree with you and understand the sentiment.
:wine:

WindyCity

Quote from: MartyFFC on December 22, 2021, 07:42:03 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on December 22, 2021, 05:27:24 PM
We're top of the league, and despite the poor run have only really had one poor performance against Sheffield United. Even then, we were the width of the crossbar away from a draw. Perspective.
Nice having some perspective, agreed, but I do think FFC has had more than just one poor show v SHU.  Have had big opportunity to put some space between top two and rest of the field.  Sadly let slip away.....
Yeah looking at the season as a whole, I'd say you could add Coventry and possibly Blackpool. Two or three poor performances out of 23 doesn't cause me to question Silva though

I applaud your loyalty to the black and white coolaid.  FFC has had quite a handful more of poor performances than just 2 or 3 as you suggest.  You're totally discounting poor shows in games that were draws.  I know I might be setting a high bar, and, afterall, with half season played FFC is top of table, but poor shows against lesser competition and draws/losses against such is not gonna get us to automatics.  Hopefully FFC comes out with a strong start to the second half.  I think Silva does have to make some adjustments.

Deeping_white

Quote from: WindyCity on December 23, 2021, 04:15:09 PM
Nice having some perspective, agreed, but I do think FFC has had more than just one poor show v SHU.  Have had big opportunity to put some space between top two and rest of the field.  Sadly let slip away.....
Yeah looking at the season as a whole, I'd say you could add Coventry and possibly Blackpool. Two or three poor performances out of 23 doesn't cause me to question Silva though

I applaud your loyalty to the black and white coolaid.  FFC has had quite a handful more of poor performances than just 2 or 3 as you suggest.  You're totally discounting poor shows in games that were draws.  I know I might be setting a high bar, and, afterall, with half season played FFC is top of table, but poor shows against lesser competition and draws/losses against such is not gonna get us to automatics.  Hopefully FFC comes out with a strong start to the second half.  I think Silva does have to make some adjustments.

Well you've certainly changed your tune then with regards to "setting the bar high" because you were predicting we'd be in a relegation battle at the start of the season.

WindyCity

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 23, 2021, 04:19:26 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on December 23, 2021, 04:15:09 PM

Well you've certainly changed your tune then with regards to "setting the bar high" because you were predicting we'd be in a relegation battle at the start of the season.

Sorry, you're taking things out of context.  Yes, I felt FFC could struggle, but I did offer reasoning.  Nice stalking, btw.  Good work.
Merry Christmas!

Somerset Fulham

It's not really stalking WC, I can remember you saying it too.

This board never learns, it is forever boom or bust, over confidence or blind panic etc. 

davew

Some of the full timers on here (regular posters and guys who have supported FFC for over 60 years) would probably agree with you, but I won't!! Think we will still make the play offs but only if we bring in some better quality players i.e. full back (left or right), centre back (yes I know we have a lot already),  more physical midfield player and yes I know we have Onomah (lol), winger (left or right) as both of the only 2 recognised players we have, seeem to have gone AWOL recently and most importantly a striker, if Mitro gets injured or decides to give less than 100% and that has happened before we are in real trouble, there is no decent replacement to him in our present squad.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Deeping_white

Quote from: davew on December 23, 2021, 07:09:14 PM

Some of the full timers on here (regular posters and guys who have supported FFC for over 60 years) would probably agree with you, but I won't!! Think we will still make the play offs but only if we bring in some better quality players i.e. full back (left or right), centre back (yes I know we have a lot already),  more physical midfield player and yes I know we have Onomah (lol), winger (left or right) as both of the only 2 recognised players we have, seeem to have gone AWOL recently and most importantly a striker, if Mitro gets injured or decides to give less than 100% and that has happened before we are in real trouble, there is no decent replacement to him in our present squad.

We're top of the league half way through the season and you geunuinely think we need half a new team just to make the play-offs?

ALG01

i cannot lock the thread but think we are done.

merry christmas to all

For what it is worth I happen to think we are more likely to go up in the top 2 than not, but less certain that when we had tigs.

love4ffc

Quote from: ALG01 on December 23, 2021, 10:46:08 PM
i cannot lock the thread but think we are done.

merry christmas to all

For what it is worth I happen to think we are more likely to go up in the top 2 than not, but less certain that when we had tigs.
Done  xmascheer1
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?