watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was our last game

Started by blingo, December 22, 2021, 10:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

The kick up the backside we needed to get back on track and go on another winning streak?

filham

No, the signs of problems in creating and scoring goals have been there for the last five matches, Silva must be aware of it but he has continued with the same tactics. Hopefully he will come up with someting different against Birmingham.

blingo

Two of those games we were robbed of the win by the ref. the other two were simply a draw. Sheffield was just a bad bad game for us where we played into their hands, however, we are far from being in a catastrophic and disastrous situation here, 7 wins 4 draws and 1 loss. My thinking is we will be back on track in our next game and then start to move forwards.

SG

Quote from: blingo on December 22, 2021, 11:05:24 AM
Two of those games we were robbed of the win by the ref. the other two were simply a draw. Sheffield was just a bad bad game for us where we played into their hands, however, we are far from being in a catastrophic and disastrous situation here, 7 wins 4 draws and 1 loss. My thinking is we will be back on track in our next game and then start to move forwards.

But you're the optimist. My concern is we've been found out and this is the start of a slippery slope.
Time will tell 🤞

blingo

Always Mr SG as you have seen for years. No oil on this slope Sir. It's dry as a bone. lol

Fulham 442

Quote from: filham on December 22, 2021, 10:58:05 AM
No, the signs of problems in creating and scoring goals have been there for the last five matches, Silva must be aware of it but he has continued with the same tactics. Hopefully he will come up with someting different against Birmingham.
Here's hoping.. Monday was completely dire. We can only get better, surely?!

filham

No,3 goals in 5 games with only one goal from an attacking player suggests a goal drought, that is not easy to put right and we certainly can't rely on a good ref. and luck to solve the problem.

john dempsey

OK. so we were poor on Monday. But we were up
against most of the best footballers in the world at least
according to the SKY commentators.

bobby01

Quote from: filham on December 22, 2021, 06:24:21 PM
No,3 goals in 5 games with only one goal from an attacking player suggests a goal drought, that is not easy to put right and we certainly can't rely on a good ref. and luck to solve the problem.

You keep banging this drum, you are talking about a forward line that is so far ahead of the rest it is crazy, yes for some reason the three behind Mitro have all gone off the boil at the same time, no one will dispute that, but loss of form happens and is usually only for a short spell, the strange thing is Kebano, Wilson and Carvalho all performing badly at the same time.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

blingo

Quote from: filham on December 22, 2021, 06:24:21 PM

Have you read our goals for and against Mr Filham????? You seem to be missing something here.

FFC In Oz

We've been poor for a month now.

marco needs to make a few tweaks and adjustments, because petering along the way we've been going the last 5 games will see us slip down the table fast.

Facts Not Fiction

I'm starting to think that too. A draw every week means you've at least gained from a poor performance. A loss may be just what we need.

Our last significant blip resulted in 7 wins in a row. No reason we can't emulate that again. Especially considering our next 4 opponents are 16th and below.

JimOG

Quote from: filham on December 22, 2021, 10:58:05 AM

Thing that confused me is that he didn't switch Wilson with Kebano. Bogle had Kebano's number but Enda Stevens is no great shakes & I think Harry's trickery would have given Bogle more problems.

That said we must become a greater goal threat from midfield - hopefully Chalobah -  plus midfielders (like Mount for Chelsea) need to be brave to play high risk give and goes to create mayhem in the opponent's penalty area.

blingo

Lull them all into a false sense of security and then BOOM we run away with it.

Cookie6262

I know a lot of fans don't look at fixtures in patches and think they are all hard but I like to do this and our last five games were actually a pretty tough run ( Bournemouth and Sheff U at home and Preston and Luton away) and we deserved more points than we got... on paper the next 5 look better and I'm hopeful we pick up a few more wins.

Porthogs FC

Wouldn't mind seeing a 4-4-2 with our attack concentrating on the wings; crossover and cross after cross into the box. Exhaust the opposition, get Muniz and Mitro in the box.

WindyCity

Quote from: Cookie6262 on December 24, 2021, 07:26:34 AM
I know a lot of fans don't look at fixtures in patches and think they are all hard but I like to do this and our last five games were actually a pretty tough run ( Bournemouth and Sheff U at home and Preston and Luton away) and we deserved more points than we got... on paper the next 5 look better and I'm hopeful we pick up a few more wins.

While I do subscribe to the thinking that all games are hard, I agree that this next patch of games should (hopefully) bring FFC some wins and righting this flagging ship.  I hate to think that the team needs a kick in the backside (a loss) to get itself sorted.  I think you're being a bit generous in your analysis of the last five games.  Quite frankly the team has been punchless and rather poor in general.  Anyway, let's see FFC get back to it's winning ways soon!  COYW