more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 01/01/22...

Started by WhiteJC, January 01, 2022, 09:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

West Ham join Newcastle United in race to sign Nigeria-eligible defender

West Ham United are the latest club linked with a move to sign Fulham star with a Nigerian background Tosin Adarabioyo.

ExWHUEmployee via Hammers News says the former England youth international is on the radar of the Hammers ahead of the reopening of the transfer window.

West Ham will be facing Premier League competition for the services of Adarabioyo with Newcastle United also credited with an interest in the center back.

West Ham boss David Moyes is keen on bringing in at least one central defender to bolster his squad next month following the long-term injuries suffered by Angelo Ogbonna and Kurt Zouma.

Manchester City academy product Adarabioyo is already known in the Premier League, making 33 appearances for the Cottagers over the course of the 2020-2021 season.

Adarabioyo would not be the only player of Nigerian descent among West Ham United's ranks if he joins the club with youngsters Armstrong Okoflex, Ajibola Alese and Mipo Odubeko knocking on the first team door.

The 6ft 5in center half has scored a goal in nineteen Championship games this season - all of which he started.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=42082

WhiteJC

Muniz: The Best Choice

Earlier this month, Rodrigo Muniz caught up with established Brazilian football journalist Venê Casagrande for the daily newspaper O Dia, who have kindly given us permission to reproduce the article on fulhamfc.com.

Can you recall how everything happened from the moment the first club abroad was interested in signing you, to the moment you decided to go to Fulham? Did you think about staying at Flamengo?

Out of all the clubs that spoke to me, I chose the one that I think can help me the most in this moment of my career. Marco Silva is here, and his staff have been helping me a lot. The first team that contacted me and made an offer was Genk, and I was anxious to go. I wanted to play, and I was not going to get many chances to play much at Flamengo. Then Atletico Madrid contacted me. I remember that [former Atletico and current Flamengo left-back] Filipe Luis came and talked to me. Al Nasr also contacted me and, actually, an employee talked to me about the advantages of playing Arabian football. When Fulham contacted me, and Marco Silva called me, after hearing everything he had to say, I chose Fulham.

What did Marco Silva say to you?

He told me about the Club's project. Everything that he showed me and said, including everything he wanted to do to help me, was very important for my decision.

Did Filipe Luis try to convince you to go to Atletico Madrid?

So, at the time I really wanted to go to Dubai and sign with Al-Nasr. I really did. But my family and agents were not very excited about it. I told Filipe Luis that it would be good for me because of the project, and because of the money as well of course. Filipe said, "You have got to be kidding me. You are 20 years old. Go to Europe, it will be better for you." But only Atletico Madrid was interested at the time, and I was thinking and thinking... He told me the best thing would be to go to Europe. After I signed with Fulham, he told me it was the best choice I could make.

Today, do you know for sure it was the best choice?

Yes, I can say that it was. Fulham's project, for me, is amazing. I can tell by the way the management treat me. It is huge.

What is your relationship with Marco Silva like?

He invited me to talk to him in person. He explained that for now he is going to put me on little by little to get experience and match-sharp. I notice that he pays special attention to me. That is important.

How have you been adapting to English football?

I live with my wife here. The most difficult part for me has been the language, English. I have been taking private classes to learn as quickly as possible. The Fulham group has been very welcoming. I got injured during [one of] my first weeks here. Then on Tuesday [against Leeds] I was going to be in the starting squad, and I didn't want to do anything wrong. I ended up playing. Then, during the penalty shoot-out, I missed and the team was eliminated. I cried a lot, but the entire team supported me. They really supported me. I'm not exaggerating. The captain sent me a message. I thought that was special.

Can you already tell if there is a big difference between Brazilian and English football?

There is a big difference. A really big difference. When I got here, I sent Filipe Luis a message in the first week to tell him about how different it was. It is very intense here. In Brazil there is a lot of quality, and here it is more intense. During matches, you don't stop for a second here. It is very different. There are a high number of games here as well. Here we travel by train, which helps. It helps and makes a difference. That is not how things work in Brazil.

Do you feel like you have already evolved tactically and physically in England?

Yes, a lot. I already gave my all on the pitch during my time at Flamengo. Here, you either do it, or you do it. You can't lose focus, tactically speaking as well. Our team is one of the only teams that try to play and keep possession. Most other teams just use long balls.

You can tell that you're very happy with this new phase of your life.

I am very happy. This is a dream come true, and I mean that.

Who do you want to face in England that you haven't faced yet?

Next year, God willing, in the Premier League, I want to face Manchester United.

Cristiano Ronaldo?

Well, Manchester United. If he is there, sure! But I want to face Manchester. When I was young, the team I chose when playing video games was Manchester United. They are a team I support in Europe. I really like them, and I want to play there.

What do you want for your future?

I think about getting promoted with Fulham to the Premier League and then think about higher goals. But right now I am focused on Fulham.

Don't you think of the Brazil national team?

Every player thinks about that. I know it is hard, but I will continue working hard.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/december/31/rodrigo-muniz-the-best-choice/

WhiteJC

Transfer News: Antonee Robinson on West Ham United radar

Premier League heavy-hitters West Ham United are reportedly keeping tabs on Fulham's 24-year-old American defender Antonee Robinson.

According to The West Ham Way, Premier League side West Ham United are keeping tabs on Fulham defender Antone Robinson ahead of the upcoming January transfer window.

The 24-year-old joined Fulham from Wigan Athletic in 2020 and has since made a name for himself at Craven Cottage. A left-back by trade, the American star is also versatile enough to do a job in midfield and can become a major asset for the Hammers in the years to come.

David Moyes's men have impressed again this season and have been the dark horses to challenge for a top-four spot. While West Ham have come up short in recent weeks, there is no doubt that the results have picked up and that the club is punching above its weight.

A few smart additions could even help elevate them to the next level. One such position that needs reinforcements is the left-back slot. Aaron Cresswell's injury has robbed West Ham of a genuine game-changer who can influence the proceedings at both ends of the pitch. Arthur Masuaku, who has filled in for him, has lacked the same impetus and drive.

An American international, Robinson is a crafty player familiar with English football. He is also someone Moyes could be aware of from his time at Everton. Robinson came through the Toffees' youth system and spent time at the Merseyside club's academy from 2008 to 2015.

Robinson never made a first-team appearance for Everton and instead spent time out on loan before eventually joining Wigan Athletic in 2019. While Robinson has not set the league alight, his performances have been solid, and he has shown the ability to take it to the next level under the right manager.

As evidenced by the upturn in form at West Ham, Moyes is someone capable of getting the best out of the players at his disposal and getting them to punch above their weight. He could be exactly what Robinson needs to elevate his game another notch.

Possessing pace, good dribbling skills and a mean cross, the 24-year-old has the attributes necessary to succeed as a two-way player. The Fulham defender is already a better player than Masauku and should give Cresswell competition and the Hammers enough depth in the position.

At 24, the USMNT international has the best years of his career ahead of him. He is of the right age to seek a new challenge, and it remains to be seen if a January move to West Ham is on the horizon.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2021/12/31/transfer-news-antonee-robinson-on-west-ham-united-radar/

WhiteJC

Fulham have 'emerged strongly' for player's signature – Club have 'opened the exit door'

Fulham have 'emerged strongly' as a contender for Celta Vigo midfielder Okay Yokuslu after his successful loan spell in England last season.

That's according to Faro de Vigo, who say the Turkish midfielder is 'in the spotlight' for the Cottagers.

Yokuslu spent the second half of last season on loan with West Bromwich Albion, and while he was unable to help them avoid relegation, he earned himself plenty of admirers thanks to several impressive performances.

He had been expected to return to England in the summer, but no such move occurred, and he remained in Spain with Celta Vigo instead.

It seems he could have a second chance in England, though, with his environment revealing to Faro de Vigo that there are several teams 'interested' in him.

One of those are Fulham, who have 'emerged strongly' as one of the contenders to secure his signature.

Celta's intention is to recover most of the investment they made to sign him from Trabzonspor in 2018 when he arrived in a £5.4m deal.

They know there are teams in the Premier League with the economic power to do that, but any deal with Fulham would be a loan with a 'compulsory' purchase option in the event of promotion back to the top flight.

That's a distinct possibility as Fulham currently sit second in the table and only four points behind leaders Bournemouth after 25 games.

Thus it seems they would be willing to do a deal, and they may have received something of a boost from the player, who has made it clear he won't be returning to Turkey despite interest from there.

There's no deal in place at this moment in time, but Celta and their coach have 'opened the exit door' to a transfer that could be done next month.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-emerged-strongly-players-signature-club-opened-exit-door/

WhiteJC

Fulham lining up Yokuslu loan deal

Fulham are lining up a loan deal for Celta Vigo midfielder Okay Yokuslu, according to reports in Spain.

Spanish newspaper Faro de Vigo reports claims that Fulham have emerged as strong favourites to sign the Turkish international with the deal containing a compulsory option to buy should the Whites seal promotion to the Premier League this year. Yokuslu, who made sixteen appearances during an impressive loan spell at West Brom last season, is apparently open to a return to England.

Celta, who are eager to try and recoup as much of the £5.4m they paid Trabzonspor for Yokuslu in 2018, are open to negotiating a deal during January. Fulham might well be seeking midfield reinforcements next month with Jean Michael Seri heading to the Africa Cup of Nations with the Ivory Coast and a raft of recent postponements creating a packed schedule. The 27 year-old has played just six league games for Celta so far this season.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/fulham-lining-up-yokuslu-loan-deal/

WhiteJC

Blackburn and Cardiff eye Christie capture

Blackburn Rovers and Cardiff City are interested in signing Fulham defender Cyrus Christie during the January transfer window, according to Sky Sports.

The Republic of Ireland international, who was part of two Fulham sides that won promotion from the Championship, is out of contract in the summer and has made just once appearance this season in the League Cup. He has spoken of his desire to play regular football again having turned down the chance to move to Nottingham Forest, with whom he spent last season on loan, in the summer.

The 28 year-old full back has made 68 appearances for Fulham since moving to Craven Cottage from Middlesbrough in January 2018. Elche and Bologna are also monitoring Christie's availabilty closely with a view to making a move when the window reopens.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/blackburn-and-cardiff-eye-christie-capture/

WhiteJC

Juventus decides against a move for this free-scoring Championship striker

Juventus' search for a new striker had seen them make Aleksandar Mitrovic a transfer target.

The Serbian is having a solid season in England's Championship where he plays for Fulham.

Between firing Serbia to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, he has scored 22 league goals and provided 5 assists in 22 matches for the Cottagers.

These numbers are impressive enough for any manager to want him in their squad.

However, Calciomercato says Max Allegri has watched him and the Juventus manager is not convinced about the former Newcastle United man.

The striker is now off the Bianconeri wishlist, and they will now turn their attention to other strikers.

Juve FC Says

Because we want a new striker, it is understandable that reports will link us with a move for different options.

Mitrovic has always performed well in England's second division. However, the striker often struggles to replicate that form in the Premier League.

If he cannot deliver in the English topflight, he might also struggle in Serie A, where he would face sterner defences.

Juve should turn their attention to the likes of Mauro Icardi and Dusan Vlahovic, who are accomplished scorers in the Italian top flight.

https://www.juvefc.com/juventus-decides-against-a-move-for-this-free-scoring-championship-striker/

WhiteJC

Juventus won't make Mitrovic move

Juventus have decided against launching a January bid for Fulham forward Aleksandar Mitrovic, according to reports in Italy.

The Serbian striker's sensational form – he has scored 22 goals in as many games for Fulham this season, whilst also contributing five assists, after heading Serbia to the World Cup finals – had lead to speculation in the Italian press that the Turin giants had put him on their shortlist ahead of the forthcoming January transfer window.

But Calciomercato reports this evening that Juve boss Max Allegri is unconvinced by Mitrovic's suitability for Serie A having watched him closely during Fulham's fixtures over the past month. Apparently, Allegri feels he would only be a back-up forward for Juve and is ready to seek out other targets to supplement his striking resources.

Mitrovic, now 27, extended his contract until the summer of 2026 in August and is considered one of Fulham's key players by both head coach Marco Silva and the club's hierarchy.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/juventus-wont-make-mitrovic-move/

WhiteJC

Happy New Year

We'd like to wish all Fulham fans and our ever-growing readership a very Happy New Year.

Writing about the Whites for this website was something that quickly transitioned from a hobby to a serious responsibility for me as a teenager when Nick and I set up this site back in 2003. We've grown to a small, but committed, team of enthusiastic volunteers and we greatly appreciate all the support and encouragement offered to us by supporters and readers from all around the world. We are looking forward to offering new digital content in the new year. As ever, if you would like to get involved, then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

We are acutely aware that these are particularly testing times for many of you. That's why we are committed to trying to put together comprehensive coverage of events from Craven Cottage – and we hope you will continue to engage with us in the comments sections as well as on social media. Whilst it has become fashionable of late to decry the influence of the internet, we have had nothing but good experiences since beginning our journey all those years ago: that's the main reason why we are so keen to keep going.

Thank you for your support and let's hope we can cheer Marco Silva's first team and all of the other Fulham sides on to further success in 2022.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/01/happy-new-year-3/

WhiteJC

2 in, 2 out: The Fulham January transfer business that could happen

Championship promotion favourites Fulham will be hoping to strengthen their side this month in what could be a crucial period for the club's long-term future.

A finish in the top two would take away the risk of losing out in the play-offs – and promotion back to the top flight will help to soften the blow of Harry Wilson's eight-figure purchase in the summer – also giving them another chance of remaining in the top flight.

In fairness to Marco Silva's side, you can't say they haven't tried to stay up, because they have spent plenty of money in the top tier and are likely to do so once again if they secure their return, but ensuring they have a long-term plan and a suitable transfer strategy to prevent them becoming a yo-yo club will be crucial.

Before they can think about promotion and top-tier football though, they will need to fend off the likes of Blackburn Rovers, West Bromwich Albion and Middlesbrough and an addition or two in key areas they need to strengthen can only help them to achieve their goals.

There could also be departures though considering the talent of their squad, so it promises to be an interesting month with plenty of movement at Craven Cottage

With this in mind, we have taken a look at four transfer deals that could happen between now and the end of deadline day.

In: Okay Yoksulu
The Cottagers are currently favourites to secure midfielder Yoksulu's signature this month, according to a report from Spanish outlet Faro De Vigo.

As per the same outlet, Premier League teams are also interested in securing his signature after seeing him thrive on loan at West Brom in the second half of last season, performing admirably in the top flight away from parent club Celta Vigo.

The Spanish side, who have rarely utilised him this season, are thought to be open to selling him and a loan-to-buy deal, potentially a mandatory clause if the west London outfit are promoted back to the top tier.

Turkish international Yokuslu was linked with a return to The Hawthorns not so long ago, but it's their second-tier promotion rivals that are 'one of the most interested' teams in his signature, although it would be hard to see him come in without Josh Onomah or another midfielder heading towards the exit door.

In: Phil Jones
Football League World understands the United centre-back is open to leaving Old Trafford on a temporary deal – and was weighing up offers from the Championship in a bid to revive his career after suffering from a long-term knee injury.

He was recently reported to be in with a shout of being given a chance to impress by new manager Ralf Rangnick and has been on the bench on numerous occasions recently – but he will want to be playing regularly and this is something the Red Devils may be unable to provide at this stage.

A loan move away could potentially allow him to put himself in the shop window to get a permanent start somewhere else, so he would be foolish not to take this opportunity if it comes his way, with Fulham one of the teams reportedly keeping a close eye on his situation at Old Trafford.

The Cottagers are reasonably well-stocked in this position and with Jones' injury record, they may not want to take a chance on him. If, and it's an unlikely if, Tosin Adarabioyo was to leave the club this month, that may open the door for Jones to arrive at Craven Cottage.

Out: Tosin Adarabioyo
24-year-old Adarabioyo was the subject of interest from Arsenal, Newcastle United and Norwich City in the summer – but Silva's men were able to retain him and they look set to do so again during this winter window.

With the club currently in the automatic spots and under no major pressure to sell him with his contract not expiring until 2023, it would probably take a lucrative offer at this stage to lure the centre-back away from the English capital.

However, it has been recently said that West Ham and Newcastle are both monitoring his situation ahead of a potential move, with the latter potentially having the financial power to persuade Fulham to cash in on him.

The second-tier outfit are in unlikely to be in any rush to sell him at this stage, but there is only 18 months left on his deal, so that may be a factor that's considered by the Cottagers' officials if they are required to go to the negotiating table.

Out: Fabio Carvalho
Making a real impression from the very start of the 2021/22 campaign, Carvalho was given the EFL Young Player of the Month award for August and has received a huge amount of interest in his services in recent months.

Reports surrounding his future have died down in recent weeks, but he is yet to sign a new contract in the English capital and this will only generate more speculation about where he will be in the coming months.

As per The Athletic, the teenager will switch to new representatives this month, potentially enabling him to negotiate satisfactory terms. The same outlet have also stated the previous contract offer he rejected could be the last on offer – but it would be hard to see the Championship outfit not fight tooth and nail until the bitter end to tie their hottest prospect down to a long-term deal.

They may face a huge challenge in achieving that aim though, with elite teams across Europe all being credited with an interest in the England youth international.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-in-2-out-the-fulham-january-transfer-business-that-could-happen/

filham

We now have six matches to play between 8th and 29th January and all of that time the transfer window will be open with in and out transfer rumours to contend with.
Silva clearly has a busy time in trying to maintain team spirit and to ensure the team performs at it's best.
Loks like a critical month ahead.