more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 05/01/22...

Started by WhiteJC, January 05, 2022, 12:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

2 Fulham players who may be eyeing an exit from the club this month
Fulham may well be itching to get back playing this weekend in the FA Cup having spent the Christmas period without football for one reason or another.

The Cottagers haven't played since 20th December, a match they lost to Sheffield United, with them ending their 2021 in pretty scabby fashion having gone on a run of draws prior.

2022 still very much offers hope of promotion to the Premier League, though, and it'll be interesting to see if they make any signings in January to aid their cause.

On the flipside, there are exits that could potentially happen, too, and so here we're taking a look at two examples of that...

Fabio Carvalho
Fabio Carvalho's contract remains up in the air and he is now in the window where pre-contract agreements can be looked at with certain clubs.

That said, there's also a chance that Fulham will want to simply just cash in on him if they feel he is not going to sign a new deal and so we'll just have to see what transpires.

He may well stay to the end of the season and not sign a contract (of course he could sign a deal too,) but there's surely a chance he leaves in this window.

Domingos Quina
It's not been a particularly productive spell for Quina at Fulham and there is every chance that we'll see his loan deal cut short this month and Watford then may look to send him elsewhere.

He's still a young player having only turned 22 towards the end of last year and so it's not the end of the world that this hasn't worked out for him but, in saying that, he does need to be playing football to help his development and progression.

It'd be no shock to see him bid Craven Cottage farewell this month.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-fulham-players-who-may-be-eyeing-an-exit-from-the-club-this-month/

WhiteJC

COLLABORATION WITH FULHAM FOOTBALL CLUB

Dundee United and Fulham Football Club are delighted to announce a unique collaboration agreement that will form part of both clubs' future long-term strategies.

A schedule of events – including coach exchanges and matches involving teams at Academy level – has already been agreed.

Tony Asghar, Sporting Director, said: "It is great to finally announce our collaboration agreement with Fulham FC.

"Having met with a number of the club's directors, senior management and the football department on a number of occasions, it was clear that both clubs share similar long-term objectives and understand that innovative working practices are key to creating competitive advantages within our respective leagues.

"Clearly the development and the recruitment of players are key pillars to this agreement, however, both clubs share similar visions and values to achieve success, and by working together this can only enhance our individual clubs' performances and success."

Huw Jennings, Head of Football Development at Fulham FC, commented: "We are delighted to be signing this collaboration agreement with Dundee United. We have been seeking like-minded partners to support our football development ambitions, and the Tangerines represent a perfect fit for us.

"Our clubs share many historic features, such as our respective stadiums, but as important are the synergies that we share in our outlook for the future. Brexit represents a major gear shift for player acquisition in our industry, and by collaborating with a partner club in the UK we can both gain a competitive advantage.

"The team at Dundee United share very similar values to ours and have a great track record for player acquisition and talent development. We are really looking forward to cementing the partnership over the coming months and years."

The partnership comes on the back of extensive discussions between the two clubs, who enjoy many synergies; similar inception dates, iconic stadiums, great history, American owners, and will include;

Sharing market intelligence on player
    Player development knowledge sharing
    Coach development exchange at Academy level
    Games and player visits at Academy level
    Commercial, Retail & Operational best practice

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7150/COLLABORATION-WITH-FULHAM-FOOTBALL-CLUB.html

WhiteJC

Fulham announce Dundee United link-up

Fulham have today announced a partnership agreement with Scottish Premiership side Dundee United designed to benefit 'both clubs' future long-term strategies'.

A statement on Fulham's official website says that the unique collaboration will include:

Sharing market intelligence on players
    Player development knowledge sharing
    Coach development exchange at Academy level
    Games and player visits at Academy level
    Commercial, Retail & Operational best practice

Fulham's head of football development, Huw Jennings, said:

"We are delighted to be signing this collaboration agreement with Dundee United. We have been seeking like-minded partners to support our football development ambitions, and the Tangerines represent a perfect fit for us.

Our clubs share many historic features, such as our respective stadiums, but as important are the synergies that we share in our outlook for the future. Brexit represents a major gear shift for player acquisition in our industry, and by collaborating with a partner club in the UK we can both gain a competitive advantage.

The team at Dundee United share very similar values to ours and have a great track record for player acquisition and talent development. We are really looking forward to cementing the partnership over the coming months and years."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/01/fulham-announce-dundee-united-link-up/

WhiteJC

Who is Okay Yokuslu?
Jack Stroudley takes a closer look at Fulham's second rumour of the January transfer window.

The January transfer window is now open and our second rumoured signing is here. Turkish midfielder Okay Yokuslu is allegedly on Marco Silva's radar, with the interest being in a loan with an option to buy. After assessing our first rumour of the window Angelo Fulgini last month, I thought I'd head to the internet to find out all the ins and outs of the current Celta Vigo midfielder.

Okay's fact file
Yokuslu is a 27-year-old defensive midfielder who has been on Celta Vigo's books since 2018. The Turkish international started his senior career at Altay Spor Kulübü in the TFF First League (Turkey's second division of football). Yokuslu spent two seasons at Altay before leaving in 2011 for Turkish first division side Kayserispor.

The midfielder then spent four years with the Turkish outfit, which included a relegation in the 2013-14 season and then a promotion back to the top flight at the first time of asking in 2014-15, where he impressed. His impressive spell at the club landed him a move to the Turkish outfit Trabzonspor.

Yokuslu continued to develop his game playing for a more respected side in Turkey where he found himself at the club playing between 2015 and 2018, which included playing alongside Fulham cult hero Hugo Rodallega. Yokuslu's stats at Trabzonspor were impressive for a defensive midfielder, averaging 2.5 tackles per game across his entire tenure at the Turkish side.

Yokuslu then managed to get a move to his current club Celta Vigo in 2018 where he featured regularly in the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons as well as the first half of 2020-21 before being shipped out on loan to West Brom.

The midfielder is now getting limited minutes at Celta Vigo, who are looking to offload.

The real breakdown
It's evident Yokuslu has been around the block, playing in Turkey, Spain and England. But is he good enough to play for Fulham? Compared to other defensive midfielders in the top five leagues over the past year (all stats taken per 90 minutes) I'd argue yes.

Firstly, looking at the extremely positive stats, he has averaged 3.36 tackles per game putting him in the top 6% of defensive midfielders. Yokuslu is also in the top 6% for clearances, 7% for aerials won, complimented by his 6'3 frame and astonishingly in the top 2% of interceptions.

His stats are slightly lower in other areas of his game, with Yokuslu being in the top 32% for dribbles completed and the top 39% for pass completion but overall, they are encouraging signs.

While these stats are all positive, they may need to be taken with a slight pinch of salt. Yokuslu performed exceptionally well for West Brom last year, which has resulted in the stats looking the way they are. However, the midfielder has only managed to get 122 minutes of action this season for Celta Vigo meaning his stats haven't had the ability to change much since that purple patch over the second half of last season and the data given may not be a true reflection of the player Fulham may sign.

Yes to Yokuslu?
So, after taking a closer look at Yokuslu as a player, is it someone Fulham really need? I'd argue he is. I personally love Jean Michael Seri and Harrison Reed, but at times this season we have seen the midfield struggle when games get slightly more physical and having an option like Yokuslu could be perfect for Fulham.

Looking at his stats we can see he has done it before in the Premier League for West Brom so if we were to go up why couldn't he do it for Fulham? According to rumours, we're looking at a loan with an option to buy in the summer so it would be the perfect signing in my opinion. Yokuslu is also wanted by French club Bordeaux and Turkish club Galatasaray but has ruled out a move back to Turkey. Time will tell whether this one will come off.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2022-01-04-who-is-okay-yokuslu/

WhiteJC

Dundee United hope Fulham link-up will help them gain 'competitive advantage' over Scottish Premiership rivals

Dundee United have announced a link-up with English Championship side Fulham that they hope will lead to 'competitive advantages.'

United have confirmed the strategic partnership with the London-based side which will see the clubs collaborate on a number of key areas.

They will share 'market intelligence' on transfers, player development and best practice on commercial and retail aspects of the clubs.

The academies of the two sides will also work closely together on player and coach development.

The deal has been struck by Dundee United sporting director Tony Asghar after a number of high-level meetings with his Fulham counterparts.

"It is great to finally announce our collaboration agreement with Fulham FC," Dundee United sporting director Tony Asghar told the club's official website.

"Both clubs share similar long-term objectives and understand that innovative working practices are key to creating competitive advantages within our respective leagues.

"Clearly the development and the recruitment of players are key pillars to this agreement.

"However, both clubs share similar visions and values to achieve success. By working together this can only enhance our individual clubs' performances and success."

Fulham: Dundee United are the perfect fit for us
Fulham's Head of football development Huw Jennings added: "We are delighted to be signing this collaboration agreement with Dundee United.

"We have been seeking like-minded partners to support our football development ambitions. The Tangerines represent a perfect fit for us.

"Our clubs share many historic features, such as our respective stadiums.

"But as important are the synergies that we share in our outlook for the future.

"Brexit represents a major gear shift for player acquisition in our industry.

"By collaborating with a partner club in the UK we can both gain a competitive advantage.

"The team at Dundee United share very similar values to ours and have a great track record for player acquisition and talent development.

"We are really looking forward to cementing the partnership over the coming months and years."

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/2878209/dundee-united-fulham-link/

WhiteJC

Dundee United confirm Fulham partnership as player recruitment and development dubbed 'key pillars' of new agreement

Similar collaborations are in place at two other Premiership clubs, with Aberdeen working with Atlanta United and Hibs with Brighton

Dundee United have announced a collaboration agreement with Fulham as part of the Tannadice club's long-term strategy.

A schedule of events, including coach exchanges and matches involving academy teams, has already been agreed.

The development and recruitment of players is considered key to the partnership, with both clubs said to share similar visions.

Similar partnerships are already in place at two other Scottish Premiership clubs, with Aberdeen working closely with Atlanta United and Hibs with Brighton.

Tony Asghar, United's sporting director, said: "It is great to finally announce our collaboration agreement with Fulham FC.

"Having met with a number of the club's directors, senior management and the football department on a number of occasions, it was clear that both clubs share similar long-term objectives and understand that innovative working practices are key to creating competitive advantages within our respective leagues.

"Clearly the development and the recruitment of players are key pillars to this agreement, however, both clubs share similar visions and values to achieve success, and by working together this can only enhance our individual clubs' performances and success."

Huw Jennings, head of football development at Fulham, added: "We have been seeking like-minded partners to support our football development ambitions, and the Tangerines represent a perfect fit for us.

"Our clubs share many historic features, such as our respective stadiums, but as important are the synergies that we share in our outlook for the future. Brexit represents a major gear shift for player acquisition in our industry, and by collaborating with a partner club in the UK we can both gain a competitive advantage.

"The team at Dundee United share very similar values to ours and have a great track record for player acquisition and talent development. We are really looking forward to cementing the partnership over the coming months and years."

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/dundee-united-confirm-fulham-partnership-22637656

WhiteJC

Napoli's Anguissa deal rests on Champions League

Napoli will sign Fulham midfielder Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa on a permanent basis if they qualify for the Champions' League, according to a report in La Gazetta dello Sport this morning.

Reports in the English tabloids over the weekend claimed that the Italian outfit had decided to trigger their option to buy Anguissa, who is about to feature for Cameroon in the Africa Cup of Nations, this month. But the Italian sports daily suggests that Luciano Spalletti will only be allowed to spend the £13m that will secure Anguissa permanently should his side reach the Champions' League at the end of this season. It is suggested that qualifying for Europe's premier club competition will convince the Napoli board to invest heavily in the playing squad.

The 26 year-old midfielder, who disrupted Marco Silva's plans on the eve of the new season by revealing that he did not want to play in the Championship, has been a revelation since his move to Napoli. Anguissa has made nineteen appearances for the Blues, who currently sit third in Serie A.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/01/napolis-anguissa-deal-rests-on-champions-league/

WhiteJC

Marlon Fossey keen to make an impact at Bolton Wanderers following loan move

NEW Wanderers signing Marlon Fossey is keen to make an impact at the UniBol.

The pacy full-back has joined the Whites on loan from Fulham until the end of the season, with the view to a permanent deal in the summer.

He becomes the club's second signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of Dion Charles from Accrington Stanley.

"I've been playing Under-23s football this season and it's a step up from that and I'm excited for the challenge," Fossey told the club's YouTube channel.

"With 23s games, you've got 10 or 20 people watching and now you've got potentially thousands. I like playing in front of a lot of people and I'm getting the prospect of doing that every week, so I can't wait.

"It's a higher level and I think the more minutes I can earn myself, the higher my level will get. It's a great opportunity to test myself and whatever happens, I think I'll learn a lot from it.

"I'm aware of Bolton's Premier League history. I was up here a couple of days ago and was shown around the stadium and the facilities.

"It definitely looks like a club that was once at the top. There's definitely an aura of hunger to get back up there and hopefully I can help them with my little part while I'm here."

Fossey – who has represented the United States at Under-20 level – also spent time on loan at Shrewsbury last season.

He added: "I'm like most full-backs these days. I like to have the ball in the attacking area and I like to impact the game defensively as well.

"I have an intensity and athleticism, and hopefully Bolton can see the best of me while I'm here.

"I'm here to try and bring the club into a better place than they are at the moment and I'm hungry to help out as much as I can."

The full-back could make his Bolton debut against Hartlepool United in the Papa John's Trophy last 16 this evening (KO 7pm).

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19822827.marlon-fossey-keen-make-impact-bolton-wanderers-following-loan-move/

WhiteJC

Sources: Aleksandar Mitrovic's situation at Fulham becomes clearer as Juventus stance is revealed

Fulham are confident of keeping Aleksandar Mitrovic at the club past the end of this month with them satisfied that Juventus are currently no longer interested in signing him in the current transfer window, Football League World has been told.

Mitrovic has had a stellar campaign so far in the Championship and, despite the club's recent struggles in terms of getting wins on the board, he is still very firmly in the frame to win the Golden Boot in the second tier.

Certainly, his form naturally had Fulham fans a little concerned that clubs would be trying to swoop in and get him this month, with Italian giants Juventus one of the sides that were believed to be in the picture.

However, Football League World has been told that the Lilywhites are confident that the Bianconeri have cooled their interest in signing him this month and that the Serie A side is not interested in paying the £35m valuation Fulham have put on the Serb.

A big boost for Fulham, then, who will be hoping that Mitrovic can help them get back to winning ways in the coming weeks and, ultimately, help them achieve their aim of promotion back to the Premier League.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-aleksandar-mitrovics-situation-at-fulham-becomes-clearer-as-juventus-stance-is-revealed/

WhiteJC

Fossey makes Bolton debut

Marlon Fossey made his debut for Bolton tonight a day after completing his loan move from Fulham. The American full back delivered an eye-catching display at Hartlepool United but it wasn't enough to avoid a 1-0 defeat that saw Wanderers eliminated from the Football League Trophy at the third round stage.

The visitors were punished for some slack defending six minutes from time when Matty Daly pounced on a poor pass from Joel Dixon to round the goalkeeper and roll home the winner. But Fossey's encouraging evening – his first senior appearance since his injury-ravaged loan spell at Shrewsbury Town was cut short – offered further evidence of the 23 year old's improvement.

Fossey, thrown straight into the side by Bolton boss Ian Evatt, got forward to good effect in the first half. He created the away side's first opportunity with a cross for Dion Charles, whose shot was deflected behind for a corner. Another dangerous delivery saw Oladapo Afolayan shot wide when well placed and Fossey also produced an important saving tackle as Tom Crawford appeared set to pull the trigger.

The home side switched their tactics at half time and successfully prevented Fossey from seeing as much of the ball in advanced areas but, after only a couple of training sessions with his new team-mates, this was an impressive first outing for the full back. Fossey could well make his league debut against Wycombe Wanderers next Tuesday.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/01/fossey-makes-bolton-debut/

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It is a pity about Fossey as his loan move appears to be with the option of a permanent move. His career  has been ruined by injuries and obviously he has not got a future at Fulham.