watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Memo Ochoa's Move To Fulham Blocked By FA Because Of His 6th Finger

Started by White Noise, December 28, 2010, 11:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/players-in-europe/english-fa-block-ochoas-move-to-fulham.html

English FA block Ochoa's move to Fulham

December 28th, 2010 | by: rich |  View Comments     

Memo Ochoa's move to Fulham was all but signed and sealed until it was blocked by the English FA at the last minute because the specially made glove he wears on his right hand is illegal!

Memo Ochoa is Polydactyly meaning he has an extra finger, a little known fact, but one that has become problematic in finalising his move to London Premier league club Fulham.

Ochoa has six fingers on his right hand and consequently wears a specially made glove by sponsors Nike. Fulham were obliged to register this abnormality with the FA who in turn ruled his gloves were illegal due to their size as this gave him an unfair advantage over his opponents.

Only by squeezing two fingers inside the finger of a regular glove would he be eligible to play in the English league. According to Ochoa, this has proven very difficult in the past and restricts his ability to punch and throw the ball as his right arm is his strongest arm.

This rather bizarre obstacle to teaming up with Carlos Salcido at Fulham may be a blessing in disguise however as other football associations in Europe do not have such strict restrictions on goalkeeping equipment and a move to Spain for example is still a possibility with Atletico Madrid, Saville and Deportivo all rumoured to be interested in bringing Memo to La Liga

FatFreddysCat

Mr Fulham

:dead horse:

Was Sir Dave Richards involved? Will MAF go to court because of this? :028:

White Noise

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 29, 2010, 12:06:54 AM
:dead horse:

Was Sir Dave Richards involved? Will MAF go to court because of this? :028:

MAF would know what to do with that spare finger! :58:

LBNo11

...good job such a directive doesn't apply to supporters - all the home fans would be banned from Priestfield..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr Fulham

Checked the story and it's incorrect....  :dead horse:

Lighthouse

This is rubbish. Truth is his fingers were stuck up his Arsenal were expected to make a bid.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

duffbeer

Six fingered man,  you killed my father prepare to be denied. 

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 29, 2010, 12:28:51 AM
...good job such a directive doesn't apply to supporters - all the home fans would be banned from Priestfield..!
A typical Killingscum fan
Deliverance - Banjo Duel

Tom

Fulham for life!

nevzter

Quote from: duffbeer on December 29, 2010, 01:05:41 AM
Six fingered man,  you killed my father prepare to be denied. 

Thus, our keeper must be named "Indigo Montoya." 
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

The Doctor

Banstead White

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 29, 2010, 12:28:51 AM
:011: :011: :011: :011:
Roysie

ToodlesMcToot

Yesterday was "Dia de los Inocentes" = Mexican April Fool's Day

Can't remember if this is the second or third year in a row that story has gotten more than a few bites.  :hook:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chicharito-urging-man-utd-take-look-ex-fulham-target-ochoa-1527791

Chicharito urging Man Utd to take look at ex-Fulham target Ochoa

24.03.11 | tribalfootball.com

Javier Hernandez is urging Manchester United to take a look at Mexico teammate Guillermo Ochoa.

Chicharito believes Ochoa could be the man to succeed Edwin van der Sar as United's new first-choice goalkeeper next season.

Ochoa came close to joining Fulham in January and remains with Club America.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson knows all about Ochoa and had him scouted extensively three years ago.

LBNo11

....tribalfootball is about as believable as talksport or the sunday sport...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

White Noise

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 24, 2011, 01:30:37 PM
....tribalfootball is about as believable as talksport or the sunday sport...

Just wanted to see the thread title again!! Pure 'Sunday Sport' in itself.  :dead horse:

Logicalman