Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Tom Cairney starts
Hopefully this run of games will wake Marco up to the fact

Jims Dentist

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 12, 2022, 06:57:19 PM
Assists/goals??
i assume you are playing down his value?
he made 94 passes of which 91 were accurate.
he made 6 key passes which led to goals or attempts at goal including the pass to wilson for the penalty. surprisingly he made the most tackles tieing with tete and robinson and had almost 10% of the games possession. if you watched it you could see how helpful he was in keeping up the pace of moves with quick accurate passing.
bear in mind though that reading weren't very good.

JimmyConway

Rubbish.

Did Cairney start against Blackburn? Our midfield had more time on the ball last night than you could boil an egg! He was entitled to play well as were a few others.

blingo

He still won't cut it in the Premier league Piri

TC's Sporran

Quote from: JimmyConway on January 12, 2022, 09:27:04 PM
Rubbish.

Did Cairney start against Blackburn? Our midfield had more time on the ball last night than you could boil an egg! He was entitled to play well as were a few others.

v blackburn he did come on for the last 20 mins and we scored 3 more goals and he had one assist and if i remember correctly he played very well.
i think he was poor v bristol city and sheff utd. but he wasnt alone. you say we had more time on the ball well i was amazed at how little time he had on the ball due to releasing it quickly. i thought most of the team played very well last night after a dodgy first half.

but can i apologise on his behalf for playing well last night.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: blingo on January 12, 2022, 09:33:28 PM

did anyone cut it in the premier league last season?

Huxley

Let's not kid ourselves, Reading very poor. It doesn't help that Scott Dann went off after 10(???) Minutes. Although not the quickest he does bring leadership and solid defensive game.

Nick Bateman

Fulham made Reading look poor. The absence of matches allowed the team to improve on tactics and attacking play. Don't look a gift-horse in the mouth.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

LC

The fact of the matter is we don't really have a like for like alternative so he will start the next game.

Besides that, he still has a lot to offer us this season and can be a good asset for us. I'm happy he's playing well as everyone should be

The Rational Fan

We need a squad of class players, then the coach should play whoever is in form.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 12, 2022, 11:11:07 PM
We need a squad of class players, then the coach should play whoever is in form.

picking the starting line up can be hard for the manager. i always remember Dalglish saying if he picked the newcastle side on how they trained, shearer wouldnt even get on the bench. but he was always the first name on the sheet.
form is key. imho.

filham

A lot of us have a strong admiration for Cairney and hope  that his knee problem is over and that we will see him get better and better in the team over the rest of the season. Looking forward to his next goal scored from outside the penalty are with his sweet left foot.

perry geyton

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 12, 2022, 06:57:19 PM
Assists/goals??

3 games later
Didn't age well did it ?
7-0
6-2
6-2
Seri starts those games the results are not the same,
But keep slagging him off

perry geyton

Quote from: JimmyConway on January 12, 2022, 09:27:04 PM
Rubbish.

Another one that didn't age well

I really do not know what he has to do any more then he already has
Best player in a Fulham shirt by a long shot

And please spare me with the "he's not good enough for the premier league nonsense

In my opinion he's superior to Jack Grealish

JimmyConway

The Blackburn game is fact !! Whether you like it or not.
I said last weekend that Cairney against Bristol C was his best game in 2-3 seasons. Probably have to include both premiership campaigns though! Food for thought don't you think.
I would also emphasise like Reading last week BIrmingham game the whole team were allowed so much time on the ball. Quite surprised having Bowyer as manager that his midfield are not very competitive.
I like Cairney but a few good games seems to attract Haynes type recognition!

perry geyton

Quote from: JimmyConway on January 19, 2022, 06:24:58 PM
The Blackburn game is fact !! Whether you like it or not.
I said last weekend that Cairney against Bristol C was his best game in 2-3 seasons. Probably have to include both premiership campaigns though! Food for thought don't you think.
I would also emphasise like Reading last week BIrmingham game the whole team were allowed so much time on the ball. Quite surprised having Bowyer as manager that his midfield are not very competitive.
I like Cairney but a few good games seems to attract Haynes type recognition!

A few good games
He's been at Fulham now for what 6 or 7 years and if your gonna say his Bristol city performance was the best he's had in years then you clearly haven't got the foggiest, he put in some outstanding performances in in the premiership, I remember one against a big opponent maybe against one of the Manchester's I can't remember, and he completely controlled the game
Now your saying he played well against Birmingham because Bowyers midfields are not competitive, hillarious

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 12, 2022, 09:43:08 PM
Quote from: blingo on January 12, 2022, 09:33:28 PM

did anyone cut it in the premier league last season?
We really weren't *that* bad last season.
Some were decent,others out of depth/poor coaching
Foolish ham

perry geyton

His first touch of the ball against Birmingham was a pin point 100 yard pass onto Keebano's toes, know one can make a pass like that it was perfection, I guess that was Bowyers fault to was it for not setting up right,
What about that play against Bristol when he charged the ball down and set up Dennis Odoi to make his pass to Keebano ? If it woulda been  Anguissa that made that play you'd be creaming it

Like I said and I'll say it again he's a better player then jack Grealish in my opinion