The Reading Super Optimist

Started by Southcoastffc, January 11, 2022, 09:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Bravo this guy

karbota
Hob Nob Regular
Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h) by karbota » 11 Jan 2022 21:40
Mind you we were a wee bit unlucky in the first half so let's take some positives.

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fcfulham55

😂  Reading has the be the strangest place, it's like someone designed everything to be as Dull as possible.

From the town itself, to their stadium, kit design. And last but not least people.

Take a moment to think how lucky we are not to live there.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

siffc86

Calm down. I'm a Fulham fan born in London and now live in Reading. Reading is a great place to live and the people are fine.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: siffc86 on January 11, 2022, 10:33:40 PM
Calm down. I'm a Fulham fan born in London and now live in Reading. Reading is a great place to live and the people are fine.
You've been got at 🤣🤣👍👍
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: fcfulham55 on January 11, 2022, 10:11:39 PM
😂  Reading has the be the strangest place, it's like someone designed everything to be as Dull as possible.

From the town itself, to their stadium, kit design. And last but not least people.

Take a moment to think how lucky we are not to live there.

Bit unnecessary mate

Andy S

I used to wok in Reading. I met some lovely people and it is a lovely place. The stadium is quite good although I prefer the cottage.

Lighthouse

They were unlucky first half. Dunn going off in the first minutes with an injury that wasn't caused by any impact. A silly error for the first goal. Could have scored but for a good reaction save by Rodak. Then a last minute penalty.

The second half they just stayed in the dressing room for some tea and and crumpets. As they were nowhere to be seen after that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

steed

I have been on here for a couple of years mow and have been quite happy just as a reader and never posted. But the post about reading and the people has changed that. I've been a Fulham supporter since the 70,s and lived in Fulham and Reading.. I know where I would rather live.. How many days or nights have you spent in Reading and how many people do you know from Reading?  Maybe you should read your post again about Reading and the people in it and think to yourself mmm maybe I am a bit of a tw@t.

ron

There are many, many places worse than Reading to live in.

.......no, I'm not going to suggest any names for fear of stoking up this civil war !

bog

My first real girlfriend came from Caversham in Reading. I never found the place dull. (mind you she did me) I went to Elm Park a couple of times and to Highbury for a league cup tie. Far worse places than Reading to live.     

092.gif

Southcoastffc

As the OP, let me make clear I wasn't making any critical remarks about Reading or its supporters. On the contrary, I was impressed by the half glass full attitude of the one I quoted.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

J17

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 12, 2022, 09:19:35 AM
As the OP, let me make clear I wasn't making any critical remarks about Reading or its supporters. On the contrary, I was impressed by the half glass full attitude of the one I quoted.

I dont think the backlash was to you Southcoastffc, it was the second post on the stream that probably got people upset. I also worked in Reading and live there for a bit. Its a nice town, had a lot of development on when the Oracle got developed. The stadium isnt the most exciting venue, but its position up on the top of the hill is quite nice, i've also been to corporate events there on non match days and that was quite lush.

anyhow, lets get back to how wonderful the result was yesterday and lets hope on Sat we can start singing about us 'being top of the league' again!

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I often find myself reading Reading as reading. Anyone else have the same issue? 

bobbo

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on January 12, 2022, 12:56:19 PM
I often find myself reading Reading as reading. Anyone else have the same issue? 

yes
1975 just leaving home full of hope