News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fan celebrations that could hurt others or include vandalism?

Started by love4ffc, January 14, 2022, 03:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about certain types of fan celebrations that include vandalism?

Oppose it and think it's wrong.
154 (93.9%)
It's no big deal.
6 (3.7%)
Don't care, whatever.
4 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Voting closed: January 17, 2022, 03:23:07 AM

Westlondonffc

I've been in plenty of proper celebrations over the years and never seen anyone falling over until a couple of years ago. It's all deliberate, all to impress other embarrassments on social media.

toshes mate

Respect for others costs nothing but pays big dividends in the fullness of time.

Somerset Fulham

There is a group of coked up dickheads that follow Fulham away and revel in behaving like twats.

Having to explain to my nine year old daughter what 'f@ck the IRA' meant wasn't a question I was expecting to have to answer following her first ever match.

Holders

The actions of people believed to be Fulham fans after the match made the Reading press. That is not the reputation we've had in recent years.

I can only imagine that our recent relative success has attracted more of the standard type of football yob. Pity.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ALG01

I went to the reading game and am pleased to say was in a box (invited). I noted a small group of what lookd like totally selfish idiots of the type being mentioned being overly enthusiastic for no good reason. I think the club should stop them before it becomes a real issue and genuine harm is caused. I suspect they are young men where there body size and intelligence have a mismatch.

I saw the video in reading with the rubbish and those ones need to be banned they are a stain on our name and are air pollution.

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 14, 2022, 11:12:26 AM
Not only is it the sort of thing the behaviour I would hope people would grow out of once they reach six years of age. But this ridiculous idea that'grassing' on somebody is wrong if they vandalise, do any harm to another, or take something. Again is just so childish. The petty telling on others can only look bad for very minor issues.

But I don't care if you are a Fulham fan, like the same bands as me or share my love of pogo sticks and bridal wear with thigh boots. If you commit a crime that harms others or is dangerous to others you are a numpty and deserve to be punished.

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on January 14, 2022, 11:20:01 AM
"it's only a seat" is such a ridiculous arguement. Guarantee that these will be the first to complain when a cub can't afford to repair the seats and they can't get a ticket as a result.
They seem to forget, that the vast majority of clubs aren't owned by billionaires and have a shoestring budget. 1 seat getting broken at every home game equates to 23 seats broken a season. Even if they're only £100 each, that is still two and a half grand a year. That could have a big effect on the finaces of a club.

Maybe i'm becoming old and mature, but it just seems pointless.

Absolutely agree with these two posts, and for those that still cannot get it (not necessarily on this board I might add), lets say you are a ST holder, and assigned a certain seat.
A bunch of idiots from wherever cause damage to your seat in one of these 'celebrations', and the club says you have to pay for the damage or just sit in the damaged seat. Would you NOW want someone to 'grass' on whoever did it, or be happy to suffer the payment?
Why should the club pay for criminal damage and why would other fans of the same club condone their behavior by protecting them?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

A definite not acceptable and has to be eliminated whatever the cost.

Fulham33

It's not big and it's not clever. It is however childish in the extreme.

Rupert

Twenty-odd years ago we banned fifty of "ours" who teamed up with QPR and Chelsea for a punch-up at the Cottage. Cue loads of complaints that they were only loyal Fulham fans, protecting our own from the hordes of Chelsea and QPR thugs. Of course they were not, they were thugs meeting their peers for a fight. So, they were banned for life by Fulham. Did we miss them? No. Did they miss us? Unlikely, they would simply tranfer their "loyalty" to some other unfortunate club.
The same should apply this time. Get rid of this element, they go elsewhere, we don't miss them. The only concern, from the newspaper report, is that the club does not seem to want to know about this problem, rather than tackle it head on.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

love4ffc

Going to open the poll to nonmembers.  I knew the vast majority on here would not condone such actions and agree with those who say this kind of behavior needs to stop. 

Here in the States, I attend my local team's matches frequently.  We stand most of the time and sing, cheer and celebrate with the those around us.  Luckily, I have never witnessed anything like what is described in the OP.  Even in the "ultra-fans" area behind the one goal (where they sing, cheer, bounce up and down and wave flags nonstop) where celebrations get crazy when goals are scored, they don't do "limbs" or whatever people want to call it.  Hopefully it stays that way over here.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Ludlow Richard

I'm bothered by the "grass" aspect of this, namely the idea that you shouldn't report anything done by a Fulham fan, however serious. Those who opposed the individual reporting the breaking of the seats accuse him of "grassing up" fellow Fulham supporters, and I guess their argument is that we should turn a blind eye to any sort of behaviour carried out by One Of Our Own.

That argument is nonsense. Dangerous and criminal behaviour deserves to be called out, irrespective of whether they are fellow supporters of Fulham or not. In an ideal world we should be able to ask those fans to desist, but as a 65 year old I would not fancy confronting a bunch of football fans in this way. So should we report bad behaviour? Of course we should. It is the right thing to do.

And it's a fine line (believe me, it is a fine line) between ignoring fans trashing seats and ignoring fans racially abusing a black player. We don't want or need such fans in our club, and the sooner they are identified and dealt with by Fulham, the better.

legana

At the Luton game just before Christmas, one of our regular supporters (who is a pensioner) was knocked over as a result of a group of fans throwing themselves around immediately after we scored. She sustained bruises as a result and one of the mob also cut his head open on the concrete and he was the one given medical attention. I couldn't care less if people want to cause damage to themselves through excessive 'celebrating' but everyone should have the right to enjoy the game without fear of being injured. I used to be proud that Fulham fans were a decent bunch, unlike at Chelsea, but clearly this is no longer the case.

Twig

Obviously I'm completely opposed. It's pathetic, immature and totally irresponsible.

Nero

I always find a well-placed elbow whilst turning to see what going on into the dickhead and a whoops sorry discourages them from coming near you a second time

Worcesterwhite

I go to away games with my 9 year old as he really enjoys his football now, it does worry me though the thought of idiots diving forward and causing injury to others, if they cause injury to themselves that's their stupid fault, but it will always be an innocent that cops it. Don't get me wrong all for having a good few beers and celebrating with mates etc, I've done it many a time and probably came across as an idiot at times, but I've never put anyone else in danger as there is no need and it's taking it one too far, a complete lack of respect.

flyingfish

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on January 14, 2022, 08:27:20 PM
I go to away games with my 9 year old as he really enjoys his football now, it does worry me though the thought of idiots diving forward and causing injury to others, if they cause injury to themselves that's their stupid fault, but it will always be an innocent that cops it. Don't get me wrong all for having a good few beers and celebrating with mates etc, I've done it many a time and probably came across as an idiot at times, but I've never put anyone else in danger as there is no need and it's taking it one too far, a complete lack of respect.

Exactly. I worry about my 11yo. Total dickheads and mostly all put on for fantasy internet points (aka likes on Twitter) as they post their stupid "limbs".  Aside from supporting Fulham I have absolutely nothing in common with these little scroats  And the idea that I should turn a blind eye to criminal, twattish and criminal behaviour just because we both follow the same group of men who kick a ball about it laughable and anyone who thinks so has just revealed themselves to be properly hard of thinking.

Worcesterwhite

Quote from: flyingfish on January 14, 2022, 08:34:34 PM

Exactly. I worry about my 11yo. Total dickheads and mostly all put on for fantasy internet points (aka likes on Twitter) as they post their stupid "limbs".  Aside from supporting Fulham I have absolutely nothing in common with these little scroats  And the idea that I should turn a blind eye to criminal, twattish and criminal behaviour just because we both follow the same group of men who kick a ball about it laughable and anyone who thinks so has just revealed themselves to be properly hard of thinking.
I just don't understand the mentality of some, I always think would I be happy if someone vandalised my property no, so I why go out and do it to someone else's idiots, but unfortunately it is current society as a whole. And as regards for doing it for posting a video on social media I don't get that either, who wants to watch these videos that get posted is my question?

RaySmith

By no means wanting to excuse the terrible behavior at all, but if you choose seating near, or fairly near the front of the seating area - well away from the rows at the back, where the youngsters congregate, you and your son should be completely safe.

This is where I usually sit, and the fans, mostly older and quite a few women, make a good noise supporting the team, but are very well behaved. You need a load of these  youngsters congregating together, at the back , where they are  out of view and reach of the stewards, that do all this throwing themselves around and smashing up seats -  most fans at away games are nothing like this, and you can go with your son with impunity.

Herbie

Why does being at a football game make it right to act like that?

Ashington White

I'm glad to see more and more discussions like this and from this viewpoint across social media, as it seems that apparently, this behaviour is quite alright if you're young and just want to have fun...and if you don't like it, you must be old and boring🙄😡. There seems to be this real feral element in society who just think they can do whatever they want and have no respect for authority.

There has been a real problem at the back of the Hammersmith End between blocks H5 and H6, dating back to the 2019/20 season. Fans who presumably don't have tickets for that area gather on the stairs towards the back between the two blocks, making it very cramped for those of us sat (stood) in the seats.  Then we score a goal and those on the stairs bundle forward or pile into each other and invariably barge into people in the seats. I've even seen one particular character pile down a few rows from within. Not surprisingly, innocent fans who want no part of this get caught up in it and knocked over.

I raised this with the club and was assured that it had been passed on to the chief safety steward, but then covid came along and naturally it didn't move on.  However, I felt the need to raise it back in October and this time raised it with the FST as well. Subsequent meeting notes addressed the issue and stated that ticket checks on the stairs from the concourse would be in place together with monitoring the situation. At the Derby match it worked perfectly, stewards were there checking tickets all match, and a steward was placed on the stairs at the back.

Unfortunately, the Bournemouth and Bristol City games saw a reversion back to type.  Token ticket checks against Bournemouth and no checks yesterday. You can all guess the result. In the meantime, these youngsters having fun have gone almost viral with their "goal celebrations", so of course, when we scored yesterday, off it went after each goal. And it's not just jumping around and people going over, it's is literally pushing people down the stairs. And guess what happened? A lad with crutches sat in an aisle seat got bundled into, breaking the seat in front of him in the process.

It's now a ridiculous situation whereby I am almost afraid of us scoring a goal, or at the very least, wary of what's going on to my left, instead of being able to celebrate freely.

I shall unfortunately be having to be having to email an update to the club and FST this evening, but as there is a long time until their next meeting with the club and we've a match in 2 days, I fear that nothing can be done before then.