watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fabio website interview

Started by Kentish Gent, January 14, 2022, 12:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentish Gent

Am I adding 2 and 2 here, and coming up with 5 - or is it suspicious/encouraging that Fabio has been interviewed on the website? Surely, if he was off, FFC wouldn't be putting him near a camera. Or am I being naive?!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

ALG01

I haven't heard the behind paywall interview and I have enjoyed watching the talented young man. But he was a genuine lowlight in the win against reading. He was slow and got knocked off the ball every time he received it, not fouls just played like third rate 18 year old. It has been ages since we saw him sparkle so maybe he is off because he doesn't look the part at the moment.

Whitestone

Quote from: ALG01 on January 14, 2022, 01:26:29 PM
I haven't heard the behind paywall interview and I have enjoyed watching the talented young man. But he was a genuine lowlight in the win against reading. He was slow and got knocked off the ball every time he received it, not fouls just played like third rate 18 year old. It has been ages since we saw him sparkle so maybe he is off because he doesn't look the part at the moment.

The interview is on YouTube.

RaySmith

He showed commitment to the Fulham cause, if rather shyly - seeming like the young man he is - and this may have been the reason for showing it.

Well, he's a pro player, and presumably knows he has to show commitment to the club he's actually playing for, and has grown up with from a young age, and who pay his wages, even if he could be playing for someone else next week, and  being committed to them.

ALG01

Quote from: Whitestone on January 14, 2022, 01:46:42 PM

The interview is on YouTube.

thank you. I will go and have a look at that later.

If it  gets on youtube for free why don't the club just make these things free? The interviews seem to me to be better free as they serve as good PR.

70sPimlico

Thats not the game I saw. Did you go?

LittleErn

I've noticed in the past that players doing interviews for the web site are often not playing in the following match - maybe because they can afford to take the time off from the training sessions. It will be interesting to see if Carvalho is picked for Saturday.

FFC1987

Quote from: 70sPimlico on January 14, 2022, 02:48:53 PM

Are you suggesting he had a good game? Because I watched it and thought he was anonymous really.

70sPimlico

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 14, 2022, 05:23:56 PM

Are you suggesting he had a good game? Because I watched it and thought he was anonymous really.

At the match, I focused on him as was really keen to see how he was developing. I got the impression that he was under instruction to be available for everything central-ish when the ball came in our half. I watched a lad do so much running. The thing is, when he went to the ball, he often took a player or 2 with him and as a result probably touched the ball less than anyone.

I also got the impression that either he is told to, or it is natural game to do things quickly. Really often he received and played the ball off in 1 touch.

Do I think he had a good game? Its a difficult one but I certainly thought at the time that he did his role really well and when put in the whole mix, was integral to the whole performance.

I think if you were a neutral and just watched the game as a spectacle you would probably think he was anonymous but when you focused on him, he was actually making lots of really good runs all the time. He shows for the ball in tight spaces and were he will cause problems if he gets it and he does things quickly to make things happen.

My post was in response to the guy that posted above who said "He was slow and got knocked off the ball every time he received it". I saw the game and watched him and can say that is not the case. Far from it.

Fulham 442

I don't know if it's just me but I'm sort of done with the whole Fabio scenario now.  If he stays great, if he goes he goes...

FFC1987

Quote from: 70sPimlico on January 14, 2022, 08:04:08 PM

At the match, I focused on him as was really keen to see how he was developing. I got the impression that he was under instruction to be available for everything central-ish when the ball came in our half. I watched a lad do so much running. The thing is, when he went to the ball, he often took a player or 2 with him and as a result probably touched the ball less than anyone.

I also got the impression that either he is told to, or it is natural game to do things quickly. Really often he received and played the ball off in 1 touch.

Do I think he had a good game? Its a difficult one but I certainly thought at the time that he did his role really well and when put in the whole mix, was integral to the whole performance.

I think if you were a neutral and just watched the game as a spectacle you would probably think he was anonymous but when you focused on him, he was actually making lots of really good runs all the time. He shows for the ball in tight spaces and were he will cause problems if he gets it and he does things quickly to make things happen.

My post was in response to the guy that posted above who said "He was slow and got knocked off the ball every time he received it". I saw the game and watched him and can say that is not the case. Far from it.

Good post. I agree with your last take in why you said what you said. I thought you were saying he had a 'good game', not against the statement you said.

Can appreciate your take, I decided to do the same with Muniz when he came on. Hadn't seen much to appreciate about him but felt he offered similar traits to what you discuss in hard work and graft and not quite getting the service perhaps. I've seen Fabio much better but I guess that's why I thought he was average to not good.

ALG01

Quote from: 70sPimlico on January 14, 2022, 08:04:08 PM

I went to the game and Cav worked hard, they all do but he endlessly lost possesion and was in truth very poor. Without what I have seen him do before, some of which has been nothing short of astonishingly good, I would think he does not deserve his place in the team or bench. He seemed to have no body strength and lost possesion endlessly. That's what Isaw, that is what happened, and when I got home what the family that had a top class stream observed too.

If you saw it differently from whever you were located then I cannot help that.

I have noted other people seem to have noticed his poor form recently, I put it down to injury and potentially covid, but against reading I was far from impressed. I think he needs to have a rest and let BDR play who seems to be a better natural partner in midfield for tom cairney in my opinion.

70sPimlico

Thought he was great today. Does so much running into space. He would be a nightmare to mark

Bill2

Had a very good game today and took his goal really well. Did some tricky stuff had Bristol all over the place.

joef

His goal was great today and an example of how good he can be when he plays more direct.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 14, 2022, 08:31:58 PM
I don't know if it's just me but I'm sort of done with the whole Fabio scenario now.  If he stays great, if he goes he goes...

:plus one:

IMO this is the stance all Fulham fans should have taken from the moment we'd heard he had turned down the contract.

As long has he's playing for the badge...which he hasn't stopped doing...I really don't care what happens AFTER we go back up.   If he's here, great.   If he isn't...good luck somewhere else.

I love the lad though.

lomotd

Regardless of what happens in the end, you can't say he's not committed to the cause until his final kick. Hope he stays but if he leaves, at least he isn't throwing a strop to force a move.

ALG01

Quote from: 70sPimlico on January 15, 2022, 06:08:31 PM
Thought he was great today. Does so much running into space. He would be a nightmare to mark

And just to complete the discussion the boy was totally different today. A briiliant display imo capped off with a sublime goal