watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Semenyo

Started by davew, January 16, 2022, 07:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Just watching the full replay on FFCTV (paused after 30 minutes) after listening to the commentary yesterday, surely this young man should be on our January wish list of signings? Thoughts please guys.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mr K.Dilkington

To be honest he looked very impressive. Very direct and his second was well taken.
Foolish ham

Somerset Fulham

The Bristol City forums were as shocked as we were about that performance.  It seems to not happen very often.

f321ffc

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 16, 2022, 07:54:55 PM
The Bristol City forums were as shocked as we were about that performance.  It seems to not happen very often.
Yeah I saw that but he did look good .
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

South Coast White

I think he could fit in well with our squad. Big, strong and more importantly has great pace. Would be good competition and cover for Munez/Mitro. Guessing he wouldn't cost the earth either.

ChesterTheTabby

Found his silencing motion to the Hammyend very off putting, but players do this sort of thing all the time I suppose, a la Carv a few months ago...still find it off putting though.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

South Coast White

The Cravenette

Quote from: South Coast White on January 16, 2022, 08:02:17 PM
I think he could fit in well with our squad. Big, strong and more importantly has great pace. Would be good competition and cover for Munez/Mitro. Guessing he wouldn't cost the earth either.
Surely Jay Stansfield is the next in line behind Mitro and Muniz?

Jamie88

He's made 70 league appearances for Bristol and scored 5 goals including the two yesterday. And he's a centre forward. No thanks

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 16, 2022, 08:42:46 PM
He's made 70 league appearances for Bristol and scored 5 goals including the two yesterday. And he's a centre forward. No thanks
Prolific
Foolish ham

Stoneleigh Loyalist

And young Bowie is developing into a strong lad who can score goals.

Craven Mad

Looked v v impressive yesterday, and scored immense goals, but I don't think that's the norm for him.

Could be worth a scout, but wouldn't be top of my wish list right this second.

Radiowhite

Need to set our sights on much better players. Be more ambitious

filham

Making signings on the basis of a couple of good goals is as bad as making them on the basis of a few good stats.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: filham on January 16, 2022, 09:04:17 PM
Making signings on the basis of a couple of good goals is as bad as making them on the basis of a few good stats.
Very true. You never know why he played so oddly well yesterday....wanting a move,lucky,in the mood?
So many reasons for a player looking good in one game compared to the overall stats. Multiple in person scouting reports or watching the tapes prevents knee jerk mistake signings. Saying that there is something there and he is very raw still
Foolish ham

HobGoblin

No chance, Stansfield please. 5 goals in 70 apps and people want him here, give our youngsters a chance instead

St Eve

GJ made the same point yesterday

Andy S

Us older supporters have seen plenty of players players have a good game against us,but once they sign for us they are just mediocre

LC

Have you seen him play? Stats are one thing and can paint an inaccurate picture of the player. This is also why you never judge a player based on stats- especially a young one. Let me ask you something, how many of those games did he come off the bench? How many full seasons has be played in his professional career (one season).. was he always a striker or was he played out of position under another manager? Not exactly unheard of being a younger player and all..

He looked a young capable player, who given time and the right coaching, could be a good asset. Gentlemen Jim said at least three times during the match that he hoped we were looking at him.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: LC on January 17, 2022, 01:31:29 AM

Have you seen him play? Stats are one thing and can paint an inaccurate picture of the player. This is also why you never judge a player based on stats- especially a young one. Let me ask you something, how many of those games did he come off the bench? How many full seasons has be played in his professional career (one season).. was he always a striker or was he played out of position under another manager? Not exactly unheard of being a younger player and all..

He looked a young capable player, who given time and the right coaching, could be a good asset. Gentlemen Jim said at least three times during the match that he hoped we were looking at him.

I think yesterday's "stats can paint an accurate picture of the player", as Semenyo was immense and his statistics (who scored 8.86) were amazing. Unfortunately his statistics, before this game, indicate he had no idea how to shoot with 79 shots and 3 goals. Before today, Bristol City fans would have swapped Semenyo for Rui Fonte, i doubt he has improved that much in the last week.