more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The gulf between the PL and Championship is enormous

Started by bencher, January 18, 2022, 10:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 20, 2022, 08:19:49 AM
just got to plan for one more yoyo instead of sp%nking 500 million trying to stay up this time.
because a fail and the players all move on as half priced failures and you are even worse off than when you started.

plan for it, buy players to fit the plan and dont get trigger happy sacking the manager whilst struggling next season in the prem.

i actually think this team would be very close to surviving with only 3 or 4 key additions.

I agree, Areola, Virgil Van Dyke, Sterling and Salah, that should do it.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

We Are Premier League

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 20, 2022, 08:19:49 AM
just got to plan for one more yoyo instead of sp%nking 500 million trying to stay up this time.
because a fail and the players all move on as half priced failures and you are even worse off than when you started.

plan for it, buy players to fit the plan and dont get trigger happy sacking the manager whilst struggling next season in the prem.

i actually think this team would be very close to surviving with only 3 or 4 key additions.

I think we would lose most of out top 6 players if we yo-yo down again, think we need to make it stick next year or Tosin, Tete etc. will be gone and we have to start over again.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 20, 2022, 01:35:03 AM
The plan should be i) win the Championship, ii) upgrade squad for next three seasons, iii) beat the two promoted teams twice each next season (ie 12 points), iv) get another 24 points from the remaining 34 games, and v) if 36 points (12 +24 points) is not enough go down with an even better refreshed squad than this season and get promoted from the championship again.

Repeat Yo-Yo plan until we come 17th in the EPL.

The Yo Yo theory will only make us dizzy, i actually got a miniature yo yo in a Christmas cracker i pulled on December 25th 2021, that tells you everything.
it cannot work because we will end up treading water at an unnecessary expense. Too much disruption whereupon due to yo yo the turnover of playing staff including management will continue to disrupt the club short and long term. Until inevitably it will take a downturn.
We need STABILITY and your theory does not support that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Our big problem in the Premiership, was one of team spirit, we didn't have any. We brought in a ton of players, the players that got us there, felt ostracized.

The team spirit is so evident of late, goal celebrations, real joy. You need to look how Sheff Utd did in their first season, look at Brentford at this moment in time.

The key is to start well.

Bassey the warrior

We should look at what Brentford are doing. They have a similar striker to Mitro, good at holding the ball up, but what they have that we don't is pace. Also better defenders and more height.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on January 19, 2022, 09:27:26 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on January 19, 2022, 06:08:53 AM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on January 19, 2022, 12:41:28 AM
Fulham FC is a lot like WWII Germany... we can roll over the Polands, Denmarks, Norways, Netherlands, Belgiums, and Frances of the world, but once the big boy Soviet Union and USA get involved, it's losing time.

But they didn't roll over brave little Britain.

Fulham also aren't led by a paranoid, drug addicted, madman, who made the fatal error of turning from attacking Britain, after the RAF saw off the Luftwaffe, and invading Russia, not heeding the lesson of Napoleon - also defeated by the Russian winter, as well as the heroism of the Russian defense of their motherland.

Perhaps Fulham might be better prepared in any future Prem campaign.

Thank the lord for the English Channel!

Plus a few Squadrons of Spitfires and lashings of courage.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nightwind15

Those of you that are privileged to be able to watch in person certainly have a better perspective on the squad than I but the excitement of playing in the Premier League is over the top for those of us that can only watch from distance.  I believe.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 20, 2022, 09:24:00 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 20, 2022, 01:35:03 AM
The plan should be i) win the Championship, ii) upgrade squad for next three seasons, iii) beat the two promoted teams twice each next season (ie 12 points), iv) get another 24 points from the remaining 34 games, and v) if 36 points (12 +24 points) is not enough go down with an even better refreshed squad than this season and get promoted from the championship again.

Repeat Yo-Yo plan until we come 17th in the EPL.

The Yo Yo theory will only make us dizzy, i actually got a miniature yo yo in a Christmas cracker i pulled on December 25th 2021, that tells you everything.
it cannot work because we will end up treading water at an unnecessary expense. Too much disruption whereupon due to yo yo the turnover of playing staff including management will continue to disrupt the club short and long term. Until inevitably it will take a downturn.
We need STABILITY and your theory does not support that.

i am advocating stability. 3 or 4 cute purchases  ie players who wont do an anguissa when we go down again. and dont sack the manager.
i dont think you could  get much more stability than doing it that way. 

SP

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 20, 2022, 10:14:20 AM
We should look at what Brentford are doing. They have a similar striker to Mitro, good at holding the ball up, but what they have that we don't is pace. Also better defenders and more height.

Funny you say that, the I newspaper was reporting this morning that the Bees are without any striking threat, apparently missing numerous chances & allowing Man Utd into the game.  As has already been said, the standard is so high at the top table.

Carborundum

Quote from: rebel on January 20, 2022, 09:41:39 AM
Our big problem in the Premiership, was one of team spirit, we didn't have any. We brought in a ton of players, the players that got us there, felt ostracized.

The team spirit is so evident of late, goal celebrations, real joy. You need to look how Sheff Utd did in their first season, look at Brentford at this moment in time.

The key is to start well.
Agree with this, which to my way of thinking is why we urgently need to buy a couple of defenders who will be suitable for the premier league.  They need to be part of the set up before we go up.

TC's Sporran

could it be worth a punt on some of the big clubs youngsters out on loan at other clubs?