more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The gulf between the PL and Championship is enormous

Started by bencher, January 18, 2022, 10:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on January 19, 2022, 12:41:28 AM
Fulham FC is a lot like WWII Germany... we can roll over the Polands, Denmarks, Norways, Netherlands, Belgiums, and Frances of the world, but once the big boy Soviet Union and USA get involved, it's losing time.

But they didn't roll over brave little Britain.

Fulham also aren't led by a paranoid, drug addicted, madman, who made the fatal error of turning from attacking Britain, after the RAF saw off the Luftwaffe, and invading Russia, not heeding the lesson of Napoleon - also defeated by the Russian winter, as well as the heroism of the Russian defense of their motherland.

Perhaps Fulham might be better prepared in any future Prem campaign.

bencher

Something that has let us down in the last 2 attempts to stay up, was conversion of big chances. There were so many games in which we had a big chance to take the lead, didn't score, and then went on to lose.
Without checking stats, from the eye test, this team is quite good at putting away its chances. If we can get promoted and continue this habit, it could be the difference maker.

We Are Premier League

Silva stretched out his hand over the sea, and the Lord drove the sea back by a strong east wind all night and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

Silva will get us across the gulf in no time...

bencher

Quote from: We Are Premier League on January 19, 2022, 09:33:05 AM
Silva stretched out his hand over the sea, and the Lord drove the sea back by a strong east wind all night and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

Silva will get us across the gulf in no time...

You must be confused, that was the Red (Reed?) Sea, not the Gulf. But let's hope Reed is not all at sea next season, wherever we may be.

Mr K.Dilkington

Fulham FC is a lot like WWII Germany... we can roll over the Polands, Denmarks, Norways, Netherlands, Belgiums, and Frances of the world, but once the big boy Soviet Union and USA get involved, it's losing time.
This club is very similar to Nazi Germany,yes...
:wow: 049:gif 051 :wine: 0001.gif
Foolish ham

rebel

The gulf isn't that big if you can do the basics. Who knew we had a 'purple patch' under Parker in the Prem. You need a good Keeper solid defenders, an attack that has intent. He had an attack, but not the intent i.e. Parkerball. Why and how it all fell away, when our form was as good as Man City, we on the up then Parker fell apart.

gang

I have a theory that you have, along with others over the years proved.
Whenever there is a difference of opinion someone will mention the war.

filham

Lets fully focus on the rest of this season, promotion as a top of the table club would add confidence and Silva has good experience to guide us in the Premier League.

Somerset Fulham

The War, FFS.  064.gif

By winning the league or at least automatic we will have an absolute ton more time to bring in reinforcements and we will be a better prospect for players looking to sign for having gone up in that manner.

This I think, is the most important thing about getting promoted this year.

davew

Quote from: filham on January 19, 2022, 11:03:12 AM
Lets fully focus on the rest of this season, promotion as a top of the table club would add confidence and Silva has good experience to guide us in the Premier League.
Exactly!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobbo

Quote from: gang on January 19, 2022, 10:43:32 AM
[/quote

I have a theory that you have, along with others over the years proved.
Whenever there is a difference of opinion someone will mention the war.
I mentioned it but I don't think anyone noticed !
1975 just leaving home full of hope

itombomb

We really need Newcastle to go down, and one of Burnley or Watford to stay up.

That means we'd only need to stay above the other two promoted sides, and then outpace the 17th place team this year and Brentford. Leeds will be a big risk if Bielsa goes too and though they will get a lot of money for Raphina, they'll have to spend a huge amount to try and replace his contributions.

If Newcastle stay up, it makes next year way tougher.

SP

The other huge positive should we be promoted this season is that we won't have RLC.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: RaySmith on January 19, 2022, 06:08:53 AM

But they didn't roll over brave little Britain.

Fulham also aren't led by a paranoid, drug addicted, madman, who made the fatal error of turning from attacking Britain, after the RAF saw off the Luftwaffe, and invading Russia, not heeding the lesson of Napoleon - also defeated by the Russian winter, as well as the heroism of the Russian defense of their motherland.

Perhaps Fulham might be better prepared in any future Prem campaign.

Thank the lord for the English Channel!

Steeeeeeeeeed

The Germans in WW2 were Blackshirts. Fulham 2022 are Blackshorts.

The Rational Fan

The plan should be i) win the Championship, ii) upgrade squad for next three seasons, iii) beat the two promoted teams twice each next season (ie 12 points), iv) get another 24 points from the remaining 34 games, and v) if 36 points (12 +24 points) is not enough go down with an even better refreshed squad than this season and get promoted from the championship again.

Repeat Yo-Yo plan until we come 17th in the EPL.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on January 19, 2022, 09:45:35 PM
The Germans in WW2 were Blackshirts. Fulham 2022 are Blackshorts.
I wish we were blackshorts and socks more often though...
Foolish ham

The Rational Fan

I think Hector and Mawson should play, and if they keep a clean sheet then they should stay our centre back pair.

toshes mate

From team placed first in the PL to team placed last in the Championship is almost half the Football League.  The gap between a team placed 18th to 20th in PL and a team placed in top three of Championship is much, much less than half the football league and a much better match.  As others have said to survive the PL you have to be better than three other PL teams.  To survive the Championshp you need to be better than four other teams ...     

TC's Sporran

just got to plan for one more yoyo instead of sp%nking 500 million trying to stay up this time.
because a fail and the players all move on as half priced failures and you are even worse off than when you started.

plan for it, buy players to fit the plan and dont get trigger happy sacking the manager whilst struggling next season in the prem.

i actually think this team would be very close to surviving with only 3 or 4 key additions.