Jims Dentist

Thanks for the info Hillingdon.
Those were dark days!

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Jules on January 13, 2022, 06:20:40 PM
Quote from: Ludlow Richard on January 13, 2022, 03:29:20 PM
Quote from: Hugh Gentry on January 13, 2022, 01:03:41 PM
Quote from: Jules on January 13, 2022, 10:23:19 AM
Just wanted to mention that I played for Chester City between 1994-99. Had played v Fulham a couple of times in that period. I recall supporters discussing this game and result although it happened a few years prior.
You must have played in the game in '96 at The Deva when the Ref sent off the wrong Fulham player, Morgs instead of Chippy Carpenter I think. 1-1.....crap game on a Wednesday night!

3 Dec 1996, it was a Tuesday. I wangled a business trip up north and was able to divert on my journey home to Chester. Some of he game was played in a blizzard. 1700 there with a few diehard Fulham fans. See the 1 minute clip of the game here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d23uEFrWrSw
Thanks for that. Just saw myself on the clip playing for Chester City wearing number 6. Remember the game now, conceding from the corner and drew 1-1. We got to play offs that season but lost to Swansea over the two legs.

jules is it my memory playing tricks or were the goalmouths at chester ever so slightly raised? im talking 1970s/80's. i know this is well before your time there. but i was on holiday north wales as a teen and was taken to a random chester  game and the goalmouths or penalty areas were slightly raised compared to the overall level of the pitch. i cant believe this is true or was allowed but for some reason all these years i can remember this.

Barrett487

I recall that this was the worst 30th birthday present ever!

Jules

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 22, 2022, 02:13:48 PM
Quote from: Jules on January 13, 2022, 06:20:40 PM
Quote from: Ludlow Richard on January 13, 2022, 03:29:20 PM
Quote from: Hugh Gentry on January 13, 2022, 01:03:41 PM
Quote from: Jules on January 13, 2022, 10:23:19 AM
Just wanted to mention that I played for Chester City between 1994-99. Had played v Fulham a couple of times in that period. I recall supporters discussing this game and result although it happened a few years prior.
You must have played in the game in '96 at The Deva when the Ref sent off the wrong Fulham player, Morgs instead of Chippy Carpenter I think. 1-1.....crap game on a Wednesday night!

3 Dec 1996, it was a Tuesday. I wangled a business trip up north and was able to divert on my journey home to Chester. Some of he game was played in a blizzard. 1700 there with a few diehard Fulham fans. See the 1 minute clip of the game here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d23uEFrWrSw
Thanks for that. Just saw myself on the clip playing for Chester City wearing number 6. Remember the game now, conceding from the corner and drew 1-1. We got to play offs that season but lost to Swansea over the two legs.

jules is it my memory playing tricks or were the goalmouths at chester ever so slightly raised? im talking 1970s/80's. i know this is well before your time there. but i was on holiday north wales as a teen and was taken to a random chester  game and the goalmouths or penalty areas were slightly raised compared to the overall level of the pitch. i cant believe this is true or was allowed but for some reason all these years i can remember this.
Could be true but you are referring to the pitch at the old ground at Sealand Road. Chester had moved to a new ground nearby (Deva Stadium) when I joined in 1994.

BRNicholson

This was my first ever game! I was four and we lived near Chester at the time, so my dad took me. Apparently, we left after the fifth goal and heard about the last two on the radio on the way home.  082.gif