more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in v Stoke City

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 22, 2022, 02:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 22, 2022, 02:18:20 PM
weve seen bdr have some fantastic games in the past.

hope he grabs his chance today and has a good go.
My memory isn't that good, certainly he has a chance today, but can he take it?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Should make our players more determined
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2022, 02:29:27 PM
Should make our players more determined

You'd  think that the case Woolly, hopefully so.

Jurassic Parker

A solid win without Wilson and Mitro would be a big statement.

What's the rules with COVID these days? Fortunately given the circumstances there's no midweek game, but will they be back next week?

davew

Amazing that the bookies haven't changed the match odds following our team announcement, 3/1 Stoke (good bet), 19/20 us (bad bet)!

perry geyton

I wanna see Stanfield in a big game

davew

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on January 22, 2022, 02:33:24 PM

What's the rules with COVID these days? Fortunately given the circumstances there's no midweek game, but will they be back next week?

They have to show negative tests on day 5 and the morning of day 6, so hopefully both will be back for our next game.

davew

Twig

I just hope that both. Intro and Wilson return with no lingering longer term effects. I know Omincon tends to be milder but there are still those who do suffer more severely. Fingers crossed!

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: davew on January 22, 2022, 02:35:06 PM

They have to show negative tests on day 5 and the morning of day 6, so hopefully both will be back for our next game.

I believe if they are unvaccinated it's 10 days in isolation, although I don't know if they are or not

Whitestone

Quote from: davew on January 22, 2022, 02:33:50 PM
Amazing that the bookies haven't changed the match odds following our team announcement, 3/1 Stoke (good bet), 19/20 us (bad bet)!

Unfortunately next week is a non European international break. USA and Jamaica have three fixtures each. Robinson has been selected for USA. We could potentially lose BDR and Hector to Jamaica and we  have Seri away at the AFCON. If that turns out to be the case we will have legitimate grounds to postpone the Blackpool match.

Southcoastffc

Muniz against Jagielka and Chester could be interesting, his pace (and hopefully determination)v their experience. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 22, 2022, 02:37:40 PM
Muniz against Jagielka and Chester could be interesting, his pace (and hopefully determination)v their experience. 

This makes me nervous, he could well be frustrated by experience over his raw determination.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

We have been reasonably fortunate with injuries so far and have been saying we have good squad depth. Pressure now on BDR and Muniz to show they can trouble the Stoke defense.

davew

Quote from: Whitestone on January 22, 2022, 02:37:13 PM

Unfortunately next week is a non European international break. USA and Jamaica have three fixtures each. Robinson has been selected for USA. We could potentially lose BDR and Hector to Jamaica and we  have Seri away at the AFCON. If that turns out to be the case we will have legitimate grounds to postpone the Blackpool match.
Sounds like last man standing for the Blackpool match, damn!!

Twig

I know our squad has depth and even today the bench is ok. However it does strike me that suddenly there isn't really anyone on the bench who could be asked to come on and change the game if we are struggling. Good cover but no real game changer.

davew

Quote from: Twig on January 22, 2022, 02:38:51 PM
I know our squad has depth and even today the bench is ok. However it does strike me that suddenly there isn't really anyone on the bench who could be asked to come on and change the game if we are struggling. Good cover but no real game changer.
The bench is ok, it is the people sitting on it that worries me Twig.

LC

Quote from: Whitestone on January 22, 2022, 02:37:13 PM

Joe Bryan is more than adequate. We need our centre backs to remain fit, BDR is a blow and we'll
Need to figure out how to lineup without him now Wilson is out.

Caedal

While I appreciate the club trying to do the right thing regarding covid/AFCON we have arguably our best 3 players out (Mitro, Wilson, Seri). Other teams have been getting games called off for far less (Arsenal...)

It's a really tough game to be in this position. The positive is that we're 5 points clear so we won't lose top spot regardless. Let's hope Muniz and BDR come in and light it up

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

It won't be a 5 - 6 - 7 goals victory, but we have enough quality to win easily enough
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES