watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Knockaert

Started by Ruislip White, January 22, 2022, 05:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruislip White

I must admit, when I saw him warming up, I doubted this was going to be an inspired substitution.  He was excellent.  Excellent work rate, effective closing down, winning possession, good passing, linking well and kept their dangerous substitute (whose name sounds like 'philandering-biden') relatively quiet.

davew

Can't get over enthusiastic when he plays for us these days even in a cameo role, nobody else on the bench really to bring on towards the end of the game, on this occasion AK did ok, but not good enough to be a squad member when we get promotion. Sadly I think he is 1 of the players we need to say goodbye to in this transfer window.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Finnans Right Peg

Yeah looked very sharp and calm on the ball

Denver Fulham

AK helped us see the last 10 minutes out very comfortably with his effort, passing and good decisions. A pro was ready to be a pro. Good for him.

OtherHodgson

Yep, no problem with his performance today, came on and did exactly what was needed.

COYW!

Caedal

I thought he was excellent when he came on. Held onto the ball well, closed down their midfield and made some smart decisions.
I personally still think there's a good player in there, he might actually suit a number 10 role rather than wide at this point in his career.

Colton F.C.

Start him in the FA Cup.  He may confuse Citeh.
:022:

Tabby

I don't think he has much of a future at the club should we go up, but he is one of the reasons that I don't understand the Lawrence rumours. Knockaert is decent at this level and we had Cavaleiro sitting in the stands, we have plenty of depth even with Wilson out.

Craven Mad

Didn't watch the game today, but Anthony just needs to learn to play for the team more (and less for himself).

When he was a regular, I just got so used to his repetitive: i) cut inside; ii) shot from 40 yards; iii) goal kick to opposition. It was just so predictable and did us no good.

With us looking likely to get promotion, I'm not sure he has a future here. I do wish him well in the future though - no doubting his enthusiasm.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 22, 2022, 06:39:55 PM
Didn't watch the game today, but Anthony just needs to learn to play for the team more (and less for himself).

When he was a regular, I just got so used to his repetitive: i) cut inside; ii) shot from 40 yards; iii) goal kick to opposition. It was just so predictable and did us no good.

With us looking likely to get promotion, I'm not sure he has a future here. I do wish him well in the future though - no doubting his enthusiasm.
he did that today right at the death but the shot was from 20 yards. he actually did well in his brief cameo.

filham

Knockheart always puts in a solid and very enthusiastic performance, trouble is he is never a real threat to defenses and his shots are usually high over the bar. Kebano , Wilson and BDR are way ahead of both  him and Cavaliero for the two wide attacking places.

Pluto

He looked excellent in limited minutes. Maybe a role to play for him this season after all.

Whitestone

To bring a player of Knockhart's ability in from the cold  to the matchday squad says so much about the depth we have available. I don't think anyone has ever questioned his commitment.
I agree with Craven Mad regarding him being predictable and playing for himself, certainly in the past anyway.

Nero

I cant blame anyone for the way they played under Parker. probably following instructions. Cav did the same from the left. Didn't Marco speak positively of him when he first joined the club of his technical ability

Ruislip White

Quote from: Nero on January 22, 2022, 08:19:56 PM
I cant blame anyone for the way they played under Parker. probably following instructions. Cav did the same from the left. Didn't Marco speak positively of him when he first joined the club of his technical ability
I'm on the same page as you.  We signed quality wingers, who had proven themselves at this level.  Knockaert especially, as was championship player of the season a couple of years before we signed him.  Like most players, he detiorated rapidly under Parker.  His decision making has always been annoying but that seems to have improved under Silva.
Good managers improve players, and hopefully he can get back to his best under Silva  and help us this season.

Jims Dentist

IMHO Knocky's days as a right inverted winger are gone.
However as a left midfielder he could still have a future given  his work rate and creative left foot.
Although he may need to drop to a lower Championship team to do this.

Donnie Lonegan

I thought he was excellent today, if only for a short time.
Our defence though, worries me, and it has done for years.