Started by H4usuallysitting, January 22, 2022, 09:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Finished the game with 11 men & only 2 bookings

Donnie Lonegan

Dirty bar stewards, always have been.

Andy S

Worcesterwhite

Agree, I would like to see the tackle on cairny again looked like a nasty one to me

H4usuallysitting

I think Fab had a four arm smash inflicted on him

We Are Premier League

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 23, 2022, 08:55:33 AM
I think Fab had a four arm smash inflicted on him

Can't believe he didn't get a yellow for that one, ref gave the free so he definitely saw it

Shropshire Lad

Was at the game yesterday didn't think it was that dirty. Think we would have struggled if we hadn't equalised so soon. The Boothen end boys Stoke said they could hear us so well done our fans. They even said we could have gone home with a better result had Mitro and Wilson been playing, that's not taking it away from their  replacements Muniz and Decordova -Reid both of who's goals were brilliant and well timed. My man of the match was Tom player an all round steady game. Well done you Fulham 049:gif

filham

The good news is that we now seem capable of standing up to these strong arm tactics and continue to play our brand of football.

copthornemike

Stoke forum saying the same about us - using our elbows too much for their liking!!!
In the end a competitive game between two teams wanting to win by out scoring the other - at the end of the day we had confidence & stronger forward firepower to win the game.
Stoke, and particularly the new recruits identified by their manager (Michael O'Neil) played well and if I was a Stoke supporter I would have felt disappointed not to get a draw. If he had been able to recruit them at the start of the season they would be higher up the table- indeed would not be surprised to see them go on a late charge to get into the play offs.
Most Championship matches will not be of such quality.

b+w geezer

Quote from: copthornemike on January 23, 2022, 03:29:34 PM
In the end a competitive game between two teams wanting to win by out scoring the other -
Most Championship matches will not be of such quality.
Absolutely. Credit to both sides for me too. Yes, there was  feistiness in both directions, comes with the territory. But competitive, unscriptable and skillful entertainment. A reminder of why one got hooked in the first place.

rebel

I don't think we were at our best. I also think we started to waste time far too earlier, that always hands the 'initiative' to the other side.
There is no doubt that we had the quality, they did everything to stop it.