watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fisticuffs in the goal. Hopefully NFR

Started by Rupert, January 23, 2022, 12:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

Just watching the highlights of today's matches on TV, one team is 2-0 down, and time is running out. They get, and score from, a penalty. All is fine. Then the scorer tries grabbing the ball and running back to the halfway line to get the game going quickly again, only to find himself in a scrap for the ball with the opposing goalie.

It is a scenario I have seen quite a few times.

It does make me laugh. Does the scorer not understand that as his team will not be kicking off, he is not going to succeed in hurrying the opposition up to restart the game? They will saunter back to the halfway line and kick off only when they are good and ready? Does the goalie not realise this too? I saw it a couple of times when I reffed, and aside from making me book both protagonists it had no effect on the match. Shouldn't players be required to understand the laws of the game, especially when they are earning a living from playing it? The match in question got nasty after this event, 1 player was later sent off, and I suspect both clubs will be fined for the post match handbags that took place, partially as a result of this pointless clash.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.