https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth could be fourth

Started by cookieg, January 22, 2022, 07:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Quote from: Snibbo on January 22, 2022, 10:41:16 PM
Our squad last year was good enough - the manager wasn't

Agreed. So disappointing to lose that squad.

Jem

Quote from: Dodgin on January 22, 2022, 10:42:39 PM
Fans not to happy by the seaside,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHGM-Jy2puU&ab_channel=BackoftheNet-TheAFCBournemouthFanChannel
Skipped through it but I was surprised how many comments there were saying how Fulham would have done it differently. Really enjoyed the Ted Lasso sound alike at the end.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

FFC1987

I'll say in regards to Bournemouth, clearly their start was unsustainable. Everything indicated they would slump at some point. I expect them to turn the slump around and come back relatively strong but for how long? I expect QPR, Blackburn and Bournemouth to fight it out for that 2nd spot and hope we can continue to keep that gap at around 5 points or more.

We do need to remember, we just had a 6 game slump and came back like we did with a rocket up our backsides so no doubt Bournemouth will find something. They're capable. 

Deeping_white

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 23, 2022, 09:16:31 AM
I'll say in regards to Bournemouth, clearly their start was unsustainable. Everything indicated they would slump at some point. I expect them to turn the slump around and come back relatively strong but for how long? I expect QPR, Blackburn and Bournemouth to fight it out for that 2nd spot and hope we can continue to keep that gap at around 5 points or more.

We do need to remember, we just had a 6 game slump and came back like we did with a rocket up our backsides so no doubt Bournemouth will find something. They're capable. 

The squad might be capable but the man in charge isn't. Only have to look at how we're doing this season with 90% of the same players in comparison to how they did under Parker. Luckily for us he's the one in charge of them because otherwise I think it would be much tighter in the race for first place. As it is he's reverted to negative tactics now they're not winning every week and look like being in a battle for the play offs with their relegation level form at the moment

The Rational Fan

I think, regardless of injuries, Bournemouth, West Brom, and Sheffield United will finish the season with between 28 and 35 points than they have now. But the Blackburn and QPRs seasons are extremely dependent on nearly all their players staying injury-free to get more than 28 points.

It seems unlikely to me that two teams apart from Fulham can get more than 86 points. If Fulham get 86 points with the best goal difference in the league, then automatic promotion seems fairly likely.

RaySmith

I'm pretty sure B/mouth will come back, though there's a lot of competition up there at the moment.

As Fulham fans we should be beware of becoming too cocky - we thought our lead was unassailable earlier this season!

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: RaySmith on January 24, 2022, 04:56:46 AM
I'm pretty sure B/mouth will come back, though there's a lot of competition up there at the moment.

As Fulham fans we should be beware of becoming too cocky - we thought our lead was unassailable earlier this season!
Yes,it should be taken one game at a time
Foolish ham

Twig

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 24, 2022, 08:02:32 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on January 24, 2022, 04:56:46 AM

Yes,it should be taken one game at a time

Agreed, we certainly shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves just yet.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Luka on January 22, 2022, 08:33:56 PM

Parker destroyed my enjoyment of watching Fulham and if he had not gone, I can't honestly say I would have renewed my ST of 22 years. I think the man is an imposter and any club that has any compassion towards their fan base or wishes to retain them, should not fall into the trap of employing the man in a managerial or coaching capacity.

The board at Bournemouth need to take a hard look at what they have done.
If they don't get promotion and the football dished out remains the utterly turgid football that is Parker ball, then the small following they have managed to build over the past years will dwindle to nothing.
My father also felt like this. He wasn't sure with covid and Parkerball about renewing his ST. Dire dire stuff
Foolish ham