I'm a believer in never going back

Started by blingo, January 23, 2022, 10:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

But I would try to bring Areola and Anderson back to FFC

Finnans Right Peg

Is Anderson not a permanent signing at palace ,if so can't see them selling

Hugh Gentry

I wouldn't bring Anderson back, reads the game very well, good when playing in fron of him, put the ball behind him and he turns like the Titanic. Has a number of errors for Palace this season, we can do much better.

Dodgin

Bassey the warrior

Andersen won't come but we should go out to get Areola in.

legana

I would love to see both. Agree that Areola is more likely but Andersen was my favourite player last year and was a good captain. I also though Aina was a good signing.

We would really benefit from both Newcastle and Everton going down (providing we do go up).

rebel

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 23, 2022, 11:56:30 AM

But is he starting every match?

Ruislip White

Aina was erratic at times and good at others, but all 3 would be a welcome addition.
The other player that impressed as the season went on was Lemina.  There was also a moment after the Wolves game where he was in tears as it pretty much meant we were down, and it showed that he was fully invested/all in, unlike what you'd expect from loanees.

Tabby

Surprised people aren't still calling for Ryan Babel.

Cookie6262

Anderson went to Palace on a permanent deal....
Though I would take Lookman back thought he did well for us in a bad season and is also doing well on loan at Leicester this season....

Lookman £15 mill
Nat Phillips £15 mill
Joe Rondon £ mill

Done let's go

WestSussexWhite

I wouldn't take Nat Phillips, nowhere near good enough on the ball. He wouldn't last 5 minutes in our side trying to pass out from the back

St Eve

perry geyton

Absolutely but it's not happening
Maybe Areola but no way Anderson

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: rebel on January 23, 2022, 01:19:24 PM
Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 23, 2022, 11:56:30 AM

But is he starting every match?
Plays when fit think he has started 15 or 16 league games this season out of 20 games

blingo

I just think that Silva would vastly improve their game. Anderson passing ability is very good.

Tabby

I have no idea why people think that Andersen would leave a Crystal Palace that is performing fairly well or why Palace would be willing to sell to us.

Thankfully, he isn't the only CB in the world.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Tabby on January 23, 2022, 02:12:20 PM
I have no idea why people think that Andersen would leave a Crystal Palace that is performing fairly well or why Palace would be willing to sell to us.

Thankfully, he isn't the only CB in the world.

True. Of all the players who were in the 20-21 squad, I think Aina is the most realistic to bring back. I wouldn't though. Don't think he is technically good enough for Silva's style.

wback

Think this is Fabianski's last season at West Ham, so assume Areola will be their first choice replacement. So yeah, don't think we're going back, even if we want to.

Lordedmundo

I'm afraid there is little to no chance of Andersen coming back. However, provided we are prepared to spend a fair bit of our budget on a centre half - I'm confident we can get better.

If the rumours are true, then Areola will next season be offered the number spot from Fabianski. This being the case, he will stay at West Ham.

I do agree with your general sentiment in terms of not re-signing players.

One thing to bear in mind is that whilst many of the fans (and perhaps even the owner) may like the idea of such players returning, they are unlikely even to be on Marco Silva's radar...