watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR At Coventry

Started by cookieg, January 23, 2022, 02:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

According to Quest they had 4000 at Coventry yesterday. That is a terrific away support if that's a true figure.

Alec of good Stock

Quote from: cookieg on January 23, 2022, 02:09:56 PM
According to Quest they had 4000 at Coventry yesterday. That is a terrific away support if that's a true figure.
Team going well and not having played there for a long time normally means a good following.

Hugh Gentry

We need to do something about our away support, those that were there yesterday were great, made good noise, but there is no reason for not taking 2,000 away to Stoke when you're top of the division and playing the football we are.

MikeTheCubed

Could we have managed 4,000 if it wasn't an early kickoff?

Deeping_white

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on January 23, 2022, 02:49:27 PM
We need to do something about our away support, those that were there yesterday were great, made good noise, but there is no reason for not taking 2,000 away to Stoke when you're top of the division and playing the football we are.

I think £110 return train tickets probably have something to do with it, considering a return on the same day from Coventry was £29

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 23, 2022, 03:33:45 PM
Quote from: Hugh Gentry on January 23, 2022, 02:49:27 PM

I think £110 return train tickets probably have something to do with it, considering a return on the same day from Coventry was £29
110 return is actually bananas. Clubs have to help fans get to games so as to not break bank
Foolish ham

fcfulham55

110 pounds, so you can get there at your own leisure. Without having to find parking/ charging points worry about your Car in Stoke.  Or the curfew feeling of a coach trip.

Suddenly £110 doesn't sound too bad when you make a day of it with a few drinks.  Some of us have save tens of thousands not splashing out for Holidays during the pandemic, bet you don't count the penny's so much then. Especially if you broke it down daily.

Would rather follow fulham away for a day then spend a day abroad anytime.   Just another view of things.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

RaySmith

Booking in advance should get you a lot cheaper fare than that.

I've got a Senior Railcard too, which takes quite a bit off.

mrmicawbers

Qpr are doing well this season,the first in a long time.They hardly won an away game for years on the trot and now they are winning consistently.Shame their home support is so poor.

Dr Know

Quote from: Alec of good Stock on January 23, 2022, 02:45:42 PM
Quote from: cookieg on January 23, 2022, 02:09:56 PM
Team going well and not having played there for a long time normally means a good following.
I reckon qpr have played there around half a dozen times in the last 20 years !

AJW48361

How about financial reasons also January.QPR have not challenged for anything for years, while we have been up and down twice in 4 years.

Andy S

I'm an OAP. why would I want to charge up and down the country when I dont even know if I can afford to heat my home this winter

Lighthouse

Quote from: Andy S on January 23, 2022, 11:49:33 PM
I'm an OAP. why would I want to charge up and down the country when I dont even know if I can afford to heat my home this winter

0001.jpeg
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope