watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR After Life

Started by Peabody, January 23, 2022, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Just binged watched third season of After Life. Warning last episode is a real tear jerker

SP

Just done the same, enjoyed most of it but made a big mistake watching the final episode having just returned from a funeral!

Fernhurst

Well done Riki Gervais, beautifully written and acted.

Take heed of Mr P, last episode very powerful.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Caedal

Some unnatural dialogue in places, but I thought it was really good overall. Personally I enjoyed the first 2 seasons more than the last

Dodgin

Ricky very talented and funny, some of his stand up subjects are still hard to take.

Mr K.Dilkington

The Ricky Gervais show and an idiot abroad are classics though. His stand up not so much but his golden globe hosting was funny
Foolish ham

AJW48361

_Putney_

It's great, but this season is unnecessarily filled with over the top sexual and toilet humour.

EricB

The 3 series worked beautifully and flowed into each other as his grief evolved. As already said, an emotional last last episode.  Language is colourful at times, but well worth a watch

Cambridge Away

IMHO
The moaning of life is better than Idiot Abroad (The Ricky Gervais show was great too)
His stand up is better than what he produces otherwise without Merchant (or Ash-Attala).
and...
The Office is obviously way better than Extras and the American office
Meet Ricky Gervais was a classic too. Good to see him just before he was famous

Forever Fulham

wife watched it.  absolutely loved it.

ALG01

Just started the third series and IMO it is a brilliant piece of work.

RG at his very very finest. IMO his best ever work.

john dempsey

Wonder what Mary Whitehouse would make of the line,
My minge looks like a Butchers bucket.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Caedal on January 23, 2022, 04:04:46 PM
Some unnatural dialogue in places, but I thought it was really good overall. Personally I enjoyed the first 2 seasons more than the last

ive yet to watch it but my daughter said the same as you caedal.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: john dempsey on January 25, 2022, 06:32:13 PM
Wonder what Mary Whitehouse would make of the line,
My minge looks like a Butchers bucket.

im sure years ago on the league of gentleman a cross dressing taxi driver said "wrong time of the month, its like a butchers slab down there!"

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 23, 2022, 04:20:50 PM
The Ricky Gervais show and an idiot abroad are classics though. His stand up not so much but his golden globe hosting was funny

i dont know how he dare say some of the stuff at the globes awards

Fulham Tup North

First two were excellent and the 3rd I also enjoyed... with the new characters..... as mentioned the final episode is emotional.
Pity Roisin Conaty isn't in this one... she is funny....
Enjoy....
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 25, 2022, 06:40:14 PM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 23, 2022, 04:20:50 PM

i dont know how he dare say some of the stuff at the globes awards
I've heard him say in interview that he really doesn't care about celebrities or what they think of him so he has nothing really to lose I guess. Well maybe some potential roles but I can't fathom how much he's made from the office...
Foolish ham

Motspur Park

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 25, 2022, 06:40:24 PM
First two were excellent and the 3rd I also enjoyed... with the new characters..... as mentioned the final episode is emotional.
Pity Roisin Conaty isn't in this one... she is funny....
Enjoy....

Series 3 wasn't as good but still watchable. Made up for it with final episode. Think I have caught Tourette's from watching it but some of the swearing was unnecessary. Some of his comedy makes me feel uneasy because of the awkward subjects (David Brent in the office, the two loudmouth dickheads and the bearded noncey character in After Life) and even though some of it is good, I am never drawn or enticed into wanting to watch Gervais.

Twig

I watched the first two episodes of series one but didn't really get into it. You guys have convinced me to give it another go.