News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many goals @ points will Fulham score / gain this season??

Started by Fulham Tup North, January 23, 2022, 11:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which records will we break?

Break Reading's 99 goals
16 (47.1%)
Break Man City's 108 goals
10 (29.4%)
Break Leicester's 109 goals
22 (64.7%)
Beat Tigana's 101 points
12 (35.3%)
Break Sunderland's 105 points
5 (14.7%)
Break Reading's 106 points
9 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Fulham Tup North

049:gif
Amazing season... but just how good will it be?
Is this a season that we will talk about in 10, 20, 50 years time??
Are we witnesses to a 'moment' in Fulham history?
And if we do set records... when or will they ever be broken??

I have a vested interest as I bet on 100+ goals....   still a way to go I know... so no chickens being counted just yet!!

Enjoy the ride folks...

COYW   ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Ludlow Richard

The stats suggest this will be a remarkable season unless the wheels go completely off.  With 27 games played, we have completed just over 58% of the season. This is our 104th season in the Football League, and:

1) we have already won more league games than in 68 of the previous 103 seasons
2) we have already scored more goals than in 80 of the previous 103 seasons
3) we have already won more away games than in 82 of the previous 103 seasons
4) we have already scored more away goals than in 96 of the previous 103 seasons.

That said, we will need to win 15 of our last 19 games to beat our 31 wins in the Keegan promotion season, which seems unlikely. Our best ever 111 goals scored in 1931/32 is within reach, however, needing to score 2 goals per game. We will need to win 7 of our last 10 games to beat the 14 away wins secured in Tigana's promotion season. And we will definitely beat our best ever "away goals scored" when we managed 44 in 1957/58: we have to score just 8 away goals in 10 away games to beat that.

Stats on our home record to follow.

Ludlow Richard

Our home record is not so stellar as our away record. We can't beat our "best ever" number of home wins, and we will struggle to beat our "best ever" home league goals scored:

1) we have won more home games so far than in 29 of our previous 103 seasons, but with 9 home wins so far and only 9 home games left we can't beat the 19 home wins of the Keegan promotion season
2) we have already scored more home goals than in 52 of our previous 103 seasons. But I suspect our 72 home goals scored in 1931/32 will be out of reach: we will need to average 4 goals per home game to the end of the season to beat that.

But we might beat our best ever GD of +58 (Tigana's season).....

Steeeeeeeeeed

To the OP, I remember you talking about that bet, what odds did you get for that ?

I was tempted at looking at that at the time, but can't remember... I do like those season long bets... Best of Luck to you with it 👍

rebel

Why is anyone surprised? We were doing it under Slav to an extent, we could have done it under Parker (but for Parkerball) we are doing it under Silva because he allows players to express themselves (free flowing football).  This isn't 'hindsight' I been saying the same things for quite sometime.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on January 23, 2022, 03:39:39 PM
To the OP, I remember you talking about that bet, what odds did you get for that ?

I was tempted at looking at that at the time, but can't remember... I do like those season long bets... Best of Luck to you with it 👍
Skybet 300/1... chaps at work took the micky somewhat... not too many now though 😉
Silly bet but I had 2 free £5 bets to use up.... and then wasted another tenner... I will only get nervous once we are in the 90s...
Just enjoying the matches atm and the quality ...
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 23, 2022, 05:04:47 PM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on January 23, 2022, 03:39:39 PM

Skybet 300/1... chaps at work took the micky somewhat... not too many now though 😉
Silly bet but I had 2 free £5 bets to use up.... and then wasted another tenner... I will only get nervous once we are in the 90s...
Just enjoying the matches atm and the quality ...

Woah, I thought it might be about 80 to 100/1 at most, that's great odds.

Yeah, best of luck to ya

filham

I am   enjoying the way we are freely scoring goals and yes it would be nice to see us break a few records and to hit the 100 goal mark.
However, right now we have to focus simply on collecting points until we hit the number needed for automatic promotion.
We have 57 points from 27 games, win all of the remaining nine home games and we will have 84 points which should do the trick, it is getting closer.
However take nothing for granted, remember many a slip between cup and lip.

Jim©

Going purely on points gained so far, we'd be looking at around 97 points.
Goals we'd be looking at incredible 124 if we keep things going.

However, realistically I'd guess that we'll be around 85-90 points and goals scored around 105.

What a season it's been. It'll be hard recalibrating expectations if and when we do go up.

filham

Quote from: Jim© on January 24, 2022, 02:06:40 PM
Going purely on points gained so far, we'd be looking at around 97 points.
Goals we'd be looking at incredible 124 if we keep things going.

However, realistically I'd guess that we'll be around 85-90 points and goals scored around 105.

What a season it's been. It'll be hard recalibrating expectations if and when we do go up.
If we are promoted we need to set that 40 point target from day one and be aware that every team we play outside of the top six is a virtual six pointer.
However that is next season, right now we just have to continue to bring in those super wins from most matches.