more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stansfield Extends Stay

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 25, 2022, 06:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

STANSFIELD EXTENDS STAY

The Club is delighted to announce that Jay Stansfield has extended his contract until June 2024, with a club option to extend by a further year.

Since joining Fulham in the Summer of 2019 after initially being developed at Exeter City, Jay has thrived within our Academy and his consistently strong performances propelled him into the First Team limelight.

The 19-year-old has also made three appearances for England Under-20s, scoring a goal in the process.

After signing on the dotted line, Stansfield told fulhamfc.com: "I can't wait to get going again. I've been here for three years now and I'm lucky enough to sign a new contract to be here for an extra two. I can't wait to show what I can do in these two years and hopefully push on and get closer to the First Team."

After spending a number of months on the sidelines, Jay has come back more determined than ever.

"It's been quite hard coming back from injury but I feel that I've been able to get through this mentally and come back both stronger and better. The new contract is a big reward at the end of it after a good period."

Tony Khan added: "Jay has made great progress since joining our Academy. He scored on his debut for the Under-18s and achieved over 20 goals during the first half of that season, which earned him a First Team debut in the FA Cup win against Villa in 2020, when he came on as a substitute.

"In his first start for the First Team, he scored in the 2-0 win against Birmingham City in the Carabao Cup. Sadly, he suffered an ankle injury which sidelined him for much of last season, but I know he's worked hard to come back stronger. I'm delighted that he's signed with us until at least June 2024, with the club holding an option.

"Congratulations Jay and Come on Fulham!"

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/january/25/Stansfield-Extends-Stay/

WestSussexWhite

Fantastic news, the academy restructure was brought in to ensure players didn't get into the last 18 months of their contracts, so good to see we've acted swiftly here. Shame Fab is a year too late to benefit

twang

Good news but I do wonder why it's not a four or five year deal.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Love this. Jay's a real talent and a lovely lad, who has come through so much already. Very pleased he sees his future with us.

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

Twig

Yep, this is really good news. Our academy produces some good young players it's great when they opt to stay and hopefully we are now better placed to reap better rewards when some of them move on.

bigalffc

Look forward to seeing him in the first team soon
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

mrmicawbers

How weird for him to sign after the earlier post today.Great news,got a bit of sniffer Clarke about him.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I apologise for doubting Jay. Hopefully he will have his chance to progress with us