watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Defending

Started by PaulJ123, January 29, 2022, 05:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

That was shocking. Tosin really needs to clue up as he does this a lot and it's just cost us 2 points but we tried our best to get them a goal about 4/5 times there. Odoi shouldn't be playing for us anymore and Ream is past it. Might be ok for the rest of the season but that was awful.

Also, Reed is being caught out of position so much. Really not been at it recently which is a shame but should be dropped when Seri is back.

Good thing we can have a nice easy game next weekend to get some confidence back in the defence.

Mince n Tatties

That it more down to the midfield who kept losing possession.

BestOfBrede

Yes - Seri in for Reed 100%
He gives the ball away too often and then fouls too often imo
We give free kicks away when there's no need.

Nick Bateman

Dreaded Premiership ref booked half the team, did not help matters.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

PaulJ123

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 29, 2022, 05:41:30 PM
That it more down to the midfield who kept losing possession.

Absolutely, had no control second half at all. Blackpool deserved the point if not all 3.

jarv

I think we missed our 2 full backs today. No outlet going forward (and too slow getting forward)   Very poor game, lucky to get a point in the end.

filham

Yes, we gifted them the goal with one of our bad passes at the back but really the failure today was in only scoring the single goal at home.

PaulJ123

Quote from: filham on January 29, 2022, 06:05:30 PM
Yes, we gifted them the goal with one of our bad passes at the back but really the failure today was in only scoring the single goal at home.

That will happen though, it's those games you need your defence to do their bit and you get 3 points.

Thought our back 6 (inc Rodak and Reed) cost us today and will need huge improvement for next season.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: jarv on January 29, 2022, 05:50:42 PM
I think we missed our 2 full backs today. No outlet going forward (and too slow getting forward)   Very poor game, lucky to get a point in the end.

:plus one:   This can't be stated enough.

Woolly Mammoth

On paper and on the pitch the back four looked paper thin, lightweight, lacking in pace, physicality, height  and also lacking ability to cut out high balls, they do not command in defensive areas. Their distribution is mediocre and not one of them marshals the back division, no leadership.
Odio was turned inside out on too many occasions which then exposes Tosin who does not look half the player when Dennis is playing along side him.
When Dennis got beat Tosin naturally comes across to shadow the winger towards the touchline and delay him to allow, Dennis to head towards where Tosin came from in the centre to restore the balance. However on some occasions he failed to do that as he followed the slip stream of the player Tosin came out to pick up.
I do not enjoy saying this but Dennis is becoming a liability a mistake and a yellow card waiting to happen as his lack of pace causes too many problems.
Fabio has more grit and determination in his play than todays back 4 put together, i felt some of them lacked confidence and did not want the ball. All this had a domino effect on the likes of Reed who then because he knew Dennis was vulnerable got dragged away from his marker leaving space for Blackpool to hit our back four early.  A better team than Blackpool would have beaten us.
The defence is cause for concern at the best of times, it's only our ability to score freely has got us where we are at the top.
Having said all that if Fabios shot had gone in that would have given us some day light between us and Blackpool, goals change games that's football. Tosins unforced error gifted them a goal, that's football.
Any team in this League can dump us on our backsides because we are easier to score against than it should be, that's football.
Surgery needs to be done across the back Division sooner rather than later. Poor old Tete has a tendency to pick up knocks and strains.
Nevertheless we are still top and no doubt we will drop more points before the end of the season, that's football.
Too higher expectations means bigger disappointment, we are not the finished article and injuries to key players will effect performances and results.
It's a shame because we started so well then lost our rhythm and the second half became a lottery as Blackpool raised their game especially after we handed them an equaliser.
But i would rather be in our position than any other team in our Division.
We go again the next match.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Three players seemed to all haves bad game on the same day . We can get away with one not up to it but three in one match is too much of a burden . Also as said midfield lost possession too much . I thought Blackpool looked intimidated before the unforeseen stoppage but they believed in themselves after that pause and with the defence all having a bad day we struggled.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SP

The first 12 minutes were great though............

Whitestone

Lots of unforced errors across the back four today and a goal that Rodak should have saved.

HV71

I agree there were lots of errors - but some were 'forced' - we simply have to be able to change our style on the pitch when we need to. All of the back four are capable of a good pass but under pressure they will make mistakes - so do something different!!

Deeping_white

Quote from: SP on January 29, 2022, 09:03:23 PM
The first 12 minutes were great though............

The stoppage hugely benefitted Blackpool - they looked like a rabbit in headlights for the first 12 mins and they'd set up in completely the wrong system so they had chance to halt our momentum and change their system to nullify us a little more

MisfitKid

Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 29, 2022, 05:43:50 PM

You're kidding, thought he was from the junior circuit...  He was hot garbage.  Fell for every Blackpool flop.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Tosin is our best defender. Has been all season. He's allowed the odd mistake

SP

Quote from: MisfitKid on January 29, 2022, 10:26:13 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 29, 2022, 05:43:50 PM

You're kidding, thought he was from the junior circuit...  He was hot garbage.  Fell for every Blackpool flop.

The laugh of it is that the Blackpool fans felt he wasn't fit to referee too.

The lowlight for me was the ref pointing arrogantly to himself when the FFC bench were giving him grief.