watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Savour The Moment

Started by filham, February 02, 2022, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I have enjoyed some great seasons following Fulham with promotions, cup runs, great escapes and that magnificent European adventure.

However it occurs to me that never before have things looked so good for us at this stage of a season. We  are
top of the Championship with a good lead over teams below us, have scored the most goals in Europe, we have an enormous goal difference and have the best line up in the Championship with the country's top goal scorer.. We are clear favourites for promotion.

All of this is unusual for us as we are more accustomed to our teams coming good later in the season and making late runs to success.

With 18 matches to go this could turn into a record breaking season for us, so be sure to savour every moment and give full support to the team over every game.

bencher

Quote from: filham on February 02, 2022, 06:58:11 PM
I have enjoyed some great seasons following Fulham with promotions, cup runs, great escapes and that magnificent European adventure.

However it occurs to me that never before have things looked so good for us at this stage of a season. We  are
top of the Championship with a good lead over teams below us, have scored the most goals in Europe, we have an enormous goal difference and have the best line up in the Championship with the country's top goal scorer.. We are clear favourites for promotion.

All of this is unusual for us as we are more accustomed to our teams coming good later in the season and making late runs to success.

With 18 matches to go this could turn into a record breaking season for us, so be sure to savour every moment and give full support to the team over every game.

Don't anger the Fulhamish monster!

filham

I am aware that I am tempting providence but honestly we have never had it so good in mid winter which is really a time when cheering up is needed.

Jim©

Completely agree Filham. One defeat in 18 definitely makes the world seem a better place- the last 9 years or so have been a rollercoaster for FFC fans- 2 promotions, 3 relegations, near the bottom of the championship, some good, some bad managers. And here we are now, seemingly making a better fist of it than ever before.

It's only ours to lose now....

Andy S

A good summing up of it all Filham but the points we have are there unless there was something around the corner like a points deduction. But we still need to fight all the way and beat these records. By my calculations we need 90 points so there is still a long way to go. Let's work at it and get them plus an extra 10 for good measure

ron

Is the spirit of Harold MacMillan lurking in this thread?

Bassey the warrior

Hear hear. Whatever happens, it's been a hell of a ride and Silva is already right up there with Jokanovic in my estimations. Really enjoyed the season, such a contrast to how we played under Parker and of course Ranieri.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: ron on February 03, 2022, 12:10:39 PM
Is the spirit of Harold MacMillan lurking in this thread?

Very good, very good. White heat of the revolution with Wilson to come next season!

WindyCity

Quote from: bencher on February 02, 2022, 07:27:09 PM

Yes, this!!!!!  Way too much Puffy Talk for my liking.  Lots of games yet to be played, and yes, this offensive juggernaut can be cooled off at just about any time.  Note the 5 game winless streak and 3 goals scored and the single tally v lowly Blackpool.

filham

Quote from: WindyCity on February 03, 2022, 05:55:29 PM

Yes, this!!!!!  Way too much Puffy Talk for my liking.  Lots of games yet to be played, and yes, this offensive juggernaut can be cooled off at just about any time.  Note the 5 game winless streak and 3 goals scored and the single tally v lowly Blackpool.

My biggest worry for the last 18 games is that both Wilson and Kebano are injured together, BDR replaces one of them but I think we would then have to try Muniz in a wide position which may not work.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: filham on February 03, 2022, 07:23:10 PM

My biggest worry for the last 18 games is that both Wilson and Kebano are injured together, BDR replaces one of them but I think we would then have to try Muniz in a wide position which may not work.
That would be a problem.
We would have to suffer  again.
Jasper could have been a short term option, but now on loan again.
Sonny Hilton perhaps still a bit young.
Mind, hypothetical at the moment thankfully.

Jims Dentist

Second line should have read "suffer Cav again".

St Eve

Agree with the OP, but in addition we also have a fantastic new stand in the best ground in the world

filham

Quote from: St Eve on February 03, 2022, 09:09:16 PM
Agree with the OP, but in addition we also have a fantastic new stand in the best ground in the world
I have resisted using these two old catch phrases but I just can't hold them back now.
You lucky people ---------    Tommy Trinder
Never had it so good-------- Harrold MacMillan

Jim©

I think it's worth noting two things for the more positive amongst us:
1) That the 5 game winless streak came bang in the middle of an 18 game stretch where we have lost 1 (one) game. 38 points from a possible 51 (one was FA Cup). Picking small windows or single games with negative results aren't taking into account the bigger picture, which is overwhelmingly positive.
2) With 18 games to go, we realistically need around 30 points. That's Preston/Hull form at the moment. The average points to get promoted is 85.6 over the last 15 years.

I'm not for a minute saying it's going to be easy, it rarely is at Fulham (i'm pretty sure all other clubs' fans think the same), but with the form we're in, with the squad we have, with the goals we're scoring, I'm feeling pretty confident.

WindyCity

Quote from: Jim© on February 04, 2022, 10:18:58 AM
I think it's worth noting two things for the more positive amongst us:
1) That the 5 game winless streak came bang in the middle of an 18 game stretch where we have lost 1 (one) game. 38 points from a possible 51 (one was FA Cup). Picking small windows or single games with negative results aren't taking into account the bigger picture, which is overwhelmingly positive.
2) With 18 games to go, we realistically need around 30 points. That's Preston/Hull form at the moment. The average points to get promoted is 85.6 over the last 15 years.
I'm not for a minute saying it's going to be easy, it rarely is at Fulham (i'm pretty sure all other clubs' fans think the same), but with the form we're in, with the squad we have, with the goals we're scoring, I'm feeling pretty confident.

TY kind sir, I do appreciate your perspective.  It's really not that I'm being negative here, rather, I think, being a bit cautious and maybe realistic.  I do feel somewhat confident, but also realize scoring 6-7 goals a game is not the norm.  I agree with you, it's not gonna be easy.  I like this team and its' chances for promotion.  That said, it is by no means a lock, as many here seem to think.