News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham no.1 transfer deal needs to be done urgently - WAKE UP or lose Carvalho!

Started by Nick Bateman, January 30, 2022, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyk

Why don't we just accept the inevitable.
Bigger clubs will gobble up any high quality players produced by our Academy. 
As far as I can see, there are two options.
We close the Academy and save our resources.
Or we link up with a top 6 club ( Liverpool or Tottenham seem the most obvious) and get them to part fund the Academy with a pathway for them to get the best players. Likewise , players who aren't quite good  enough for them could come our way.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: andyk on January 31, 2022, 07:05:32 PM
Or we link up with a top 6 club ( Liverpool or Tottenham seem the most obvious) and get them to part fund the Academy with a pathway for them to get the best players. Likewise , players who aren't quite good  enough for them could come our way.

I choose Option 3: Get as good as Tottenham, like we were a decade ago.

Tabby

I still don't understand why people are so precious about Shahid Khan's money. We aren't restricted by our owners funds, we are restricted by FFP, from which the academy is exempt.

I Ronic

I take solace in the knowledge that he'll become exasperated with playing under Klopp and lining up with some of the best players in Europe. Irritated by having enough money for whatever he may want and treated like a god. All the while thinking about those halcyon nights playing in the cold driving rain up in Middlesborough and the long coach journey home to Motspur Park.
There's something very wrong with that lad!

Mince n Tatties

Craven_Chris

Quote from: Tabby on January 31, 2022, 07:18:41 PM
I still don't understand why people are so precious about Shahid Khan's money. We aren't restricted by our owners funds, we are restricted by FFP, from which the academy is exempt.

Absolutely!

As much as we debate whether the academy is maximising its value to the club with these contract issues, its still the case that it is generating transfer revenue and generating players who contribute to the squad and/or first team for a small fraction of the cost of an externally sourced player. All while having its operating costs excluded from the one financial constraint the currently matters to Fulham. So it definitely helps the club, but perhaps it is possible to get more from it...

andyk

Quote from: Denver Fulham on January 31, 2022, 07:13:14 PM
Quote from: andyk on January 31, 2022, 07:05:32 PM

I choose Option 3: Get as good as Tottenham, like we were a decade ago.

Would that be the year we sold Dembele to Tottenham,  or Dempsey to Tottenham, or Malbranque to Tottenham

Nick Bateman

Fabio would NOT get a place in Liverpool's starting 11. Even if he might be good enough he would be a long way down the pecking order, even old James Milner would be picked ahead of Carvalho. Does he truly wish to play barely any football in the Premier League while mostly bench-warming, or sign an extension with a lavish buy-out clause (£75million sounds about right) and play for one of the new PL rising clubs namely Fulham FC?? The FC is even named after him...
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Tabby on January 31, 2022, 07:18:41 PM

'Twas a good point Tabby but in the grand scheme of things the Khans are businessmen NOT Fulham fans. They grabbed the cheap offer, gave in without a fight, showed they still have not learned from the mistakes made last time we were in the PL which they promised they would, allowing Carvalho's contract to wander so the vultures like Liverpool could exploit, and lost a very rare young talent and shown Fulham are a selling club as far a they are concerned. Who next? Mitrovic??

It's a dark day for Fulham and for the inept board.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Rupert on January 31, 2022, 07:01:13 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on January 31, 2022, 05:51:56 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on January 30, 2022, 10:48:33 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 30, 2022, 06:59:06 PM
There is literally nobody to blame here.

So true.

Fabio - If he is getting offered the wages that are reported, not sure how you can turn this down. No way Fulham can match them. You are also going to a big club with a manager who has not been afraid to play young players. Sink or swim, he will have an opportunity, it is on him to take it.

Liverpool - Acting now takes away the chance they could get outbid over the next 5 months. It is a small price to pay in transfer for a home grown guy who has shown the potential to be a Champions League attacking player.

Fulham - If he has made it clear he is leaving in July and you can get him loaned back for the rest of the season, seems a no brainer to sell him now if the price is right. Offset some FFP costs, bring in another RB and/or DM with the room his transfer creates and move forward with more clarity towards summer.

Even with the above being true I would be disappointed to see him transfer on, but until the club get more stable in the Premier League this is going to keep happening. Much like Ryan Sess though, if he stays on loan and helps the club gain promotion I will be thankful for his contributions and not hold any ill feelings towards him.

This is correct. I don't understand the juvenile and imbecilic hate being thrown towards Richardo or Fulham's managment. Lots of ignorance among some Fulham fans.

The problem is, we all love our club and are naturally astonished to find that some of those fortunate enough to play for the Mighty Whites would actually prefer to play for someone else instead. How can this be, we ask? We, who would gladly wade through a river of gore to gain the honour of wearing the white shirt of Fulham FC are incapable of understanding that, to some people, it is merely a job. A well paid job, to be sure, but still, just a job. So, when one of our heroes turns out to be a mere mercenary, more interested in mere baubles like a Champions League winners medal, rather than our glorious adulation, we naturally cast about for who is to blame for this state of affairs. Hence the transfer team are clearly imbeciles for not making our man an unbeatable offer. Financial fair play? Pah! We care not for that. Suitor clubs are seen as better than us? Well, not by us, they aren't! We are the Mighty Fulham FC. How could anyone turn us down?

It obviously comes across as imbecilic and juvenile, though I suspect some is down to some smart people on the wind up, but it is mostly frustration and outrage finding an alternative outlet.

I do understand. I have never forgiven Bobby Campbell for selling Jimmy Conway to Manchester City. If I had a time machine I would go back in time and remove the Campbell tribe from all of history to prevent that outrage from happening. Only then it would turn out to be another sap responsible.

Appreciate this very thoughtful response. 049:gif

Rupert

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on February 01, 2022, 05:48:01 AM
Quote from: Rupert on January 31, 2022, 07:01:13 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on January 31, 2022, 05:51:56 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on January 30, 2022, 10:48:33 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 30, 2022, 06:59:06 PM
There is literally nobody to blame here.

So true.

Fabio - If he is getting offered the wages that are reported, not sure how you can turn this down. No way Fulham can match them. You are also going to a big club with a manager who has not been afraid to play young players. Sink or swim, he will have an opportunity, it is on him to take it.

Liverpool - Acting now takes away the chance they could get outbid over the next 5 months. It is a small price to pay in transfer for a home grown guy who has shown the potential to be a Champions League attacking player.

Fulham - If he has made it clear he is leaving in July and you can get him loaned back for the rest of the season, seems a no brainer to sell him now if the price is right. Offset some FFP costs, bring in another RB and/or DM with the room his transfer creates and move forward with more clarity towards summer.

Even with the above being true I would be disappointed to see him transfer on, but until the club get more stable in the Premier League this is going to keep happening. Much like Ryan Sess though, if he stays on loan and helps the club gain promotion I will be thankful for his contributions and not hold any ill feelings towards him.

This is correct. I don't understand the juvenile and imbecilic hate being thrown towards Richardo or Fulham's managment. Lots of ignorance among some Fulham fans.

The problem is, we all love our club and are naturally astonished to find that some of those fortunate enough to play for the Mighty Whites would actually prefer to play for someone else instead. How can this be, we ask? We, who would gladly wade through a river of gore to gain the honour of wearing the white shirt of Fulham FC are incapable of understanding that, to some people, it is merely a job. A well paid job, to be sure, but still, just a job. So, when one of our heroes turns out to be a mere mercenary, more interested in mere baubles like a Champions League winners medal, rather than our glorious adulation, we naturally cast about for who is to blame for this state of affairs. Hence the transfer team are clearly imbeciles for not making our man an unbeatable offer. Financial fair play? Pah! We care not for that. Suitor clubs are seen as better than us? Well, not by us, they aren't! We are the Mighty Fulham FC. How could anyone turn us down?

It obviously comes across as imbecilic and juvenile, though I suspect some is down to some smart people on the wind up, but it is mostly frustration and outrage finding an alternative outlet.

I do understand. I have never forgiven Bobby Campbell for selling Jimmy Conway to Manchester City. If I had a time machine I would go back in time and remove the Campbell tribe from all of history to prevent that outrage from happening. Only then it would turn out to be another sap responsible.

Appreciate this very thoughtful response. 049:gif

Thank you, I have some lucid moments from time to time.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.