more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your team vs Man City?

Started by Maidstone Lee, February 03, 2022, 12:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

That team selection might result in an FA Cup record score for City
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lordedmundo

I would rest Cairney, Reed and Ream (possibly Tosin also), plus give Gazzaniga a run out. I think we need Robinson's pace, but maybe give Bryan last 30mins. Same with Mitro and Muniz. Also both Wilson and Carbalho should orobably not play the full match in order to keep them fairly fresh for the Millwall game:

Gazzaniga

Williams
Tosin
Mawson
Robinson

Seri
Chalobah
Carvalho

Wilson
Mitro
Kebano

Subs:
Rodak
Bryan
Hector
Onomah
Knockaert/Cavaleiro
Muniz

rebel

All the teams that do well against Man City know how to break up their play.

We Are Premier League

Stansfield and Francois starting for the U23s today so its looks like we are going for a strong team tomorrow.

Cookie6262

Gazzaniga

Williams
Tosin
Hector
Bryan

Chabolah
Seri
Fab

Kebano
Muniz
Wilson

Twig

Quote from: Radiowhite on February 04, 2022, 02:56:15 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on February 03, 2022, 04:12:37 PM
Why drop Cairney
If ever we have a chance he has to play
Why on earth risk injury in a meaningless game

In what way on this earth is this meaningless?

Twig

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on February 04, 2022, 10:01:59 AM
Assuming Tete is still injured:

Gazzaniga/Rodak

Williams Tosin Mawson Robinson/Bryan

Reed Cairney

Wilson Carvalho Kebano

Mitro

Why risk Cairney? Because he is our most important player after Mitro and I want us to win the FA Cup. I don't want us to be one of those clubs that contribute to the decline of the FA Cup by playing reserves. The FA Cup used to be the most famous football tournament in the world and I think it's sad what the big money Premier League clubs have done to it. Our strongest team might just have a tiny chance of winning against Man City reserves. That's the beauty of the FA Cup and that's what I want to see.

Well said.

Nick Bateman

Is that Lisa Stansfield? Any self-respecting manager better play his strongest team and come away with an historic victory! Anything less will earn debuke. I hope Silva respects the FA Cup.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Whitestone

Promotion is the priority. The FA Cup is not. It's that simple. Cup runs are great but they are also a distraction adding extra fixtures to an already congested schedule. It would be fantastic to beat City but the priority is Milwall at the Cottage on Tuesday. I'm certain Marco Silva recognises that and it will be reflected in tomorrow's starting line up.

Nick Bateman

Middlesbro could equally argue play off places is the priority which it is. Doesn't mean one capitulates in all other competitions. I liked Chris Wilder's comment before the game, "We are not here to swap shirts!" There's no logical reason for Fulham to take tomorrow's game as an incumberance. We can win the Championship AND the FA Cup. Fulham are thrashing teams in this league and those teams are beating EPL clubs so why not respect the tournament and have a ruddy go? So long as we practise the pens and the management show the desire Wilding showed quite admirably.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Twig

Quote from: Whitestone on February 04, 2022, 11:34:06 PM
Promotion is the priority. The FA Cup is not. It's that simple. Cup runs are great but they are also a distraction adding extra fixtures to an already congested schedule. It would be fantastic to beat City but the priority is Milwall at the Cottage on Tuesday. I'm certain Marco Silva recognises that and it will be reflected in tomorrow's starting line up.

It might be that simple for you but not me. I happen to think we are good enough to win the Championship and still give the FA Cup a good old go. I'm no surrender monkey!

Twig

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 04, 2022, 11:44:52 PM
Middlesbro could equally argue play off places is the priority which it is. Doesn't mean one capitulates in all other competitions. I liked Chris Wilder's comment before the game, "We are not here to swap shirts!" There's no logical reason for Fulham to take tomorrow's game as an incumberance. We can win the Championship AND the FA Cup. Fulham are thrashing teams in this league and those teams are beating EPL clubs so why not respect the tournament and have a ruddy go? So long as we practise the pens and the management show the desire Wilding showed quite admirably.

Totally agree. It's the greatest club cup competition in the world and how some on here are so quick to write it off staggers me. They obviously didn't go to our last FA Cup final. We may have lost but what a run up to that day and what a great day it was.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: rebel on February 04, 2022, 09:27:00 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 04, 2022, 09:08:22 AM
A team of potential premier league players that have failed to reach that level
Every player deserves a chance to prove themselves.

Fabri
         Hector Mawson Kongolo
Williams  Chabolbah Onamah   Bryan
          Knockaert     Carvalho
                       Muniz

Yes, but can't give Man City shooting practice.

Why not? Shooting practice will determine whether Mawson and Fabri are premier league standard. Both players have numerous clean sheets against the best teams in the world, game time might help them rediscover their past form, like happened when Kebano got a chance

Whitestone

Quote from: Twig on February 05, 2022, 10:21:08 AM
Quote from: Whitestone on February 04, 2022, 11:34:06 PM

It might be that simple for you but not me. I happen to think we are good enough to win the Championship and still give the FA Cup a good old go. I'm no surrender monkey!

Who said anything about surrendering ? Any outcome is possible today. I was just applying touch of realism to the debate. What do you think the club's priority for the season is ?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 05, 2022, 12:54:20 PM
Quote from: rebel on February 04, 2022, 09:27:00 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 04, 2022, 09:08:22 AM
A team of potential premier league players that have failed to reach that level
Every player deserves a chance to prove themselves.

Fabri
         Hector Mawson Kongolo
Williams  Chabolbah Onamah   Bryan
          Knockaert     Carvalho
                       Muniz

Yes, but can't give Man City shooting practice.

Why not? Shooting practice will determine whether Mawson and Fabri are premier league standard. Both players have numerous clean sheets against the best teams in the world, game time might help them rediscover their past form, like happened when Kebano got a chance

Err, but this a Football Association 4th Round Cup Tie not a closed doors friendly or a casual training session.
As it's a simple game, the object of the outcome is to score more goals than the opposition in accordance with making themselves hard to beat and hard to score against.
The first 90 minutes are the most important, it is not a day out or a picnic so treat it as a the Competition it is and compete with a side that is chosen to save your life, and if you cannot embrace that, then i suggest you take up Bird Watching as it may be easier on the eye.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.