watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danny Murphy

Started by Ruislip White, February 06, 2022, 10:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightster#2

It's sad when you hear Darren Bent on talk sport say a lot of good things about us over Danny

Dixie

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on February 06, 2022, 11:53:36 AM
I was rather surprised that Danny didn't mention how well Fulham were doing in general, how good it will be to see them back in the Prem next year, or even mention that he once played for them at all.

Very odd I thought, usually you would expect an ex player who had some great times there to say such things.

Yeah, the whole chat was about Carv, his skills, and him going to Liverpool.

He did mention playing for Fulham a bit later in the programme when they were discussing the Burnley v Watford match. He was talking about working with Woy and the famous drills.

I actually think that Danny mentions Fulham a fair bit and seems to have fond memories. In fact the last time we were in the Prem I'm sure he referred to being a Fulham supporter and hoping that we didn't get relegated.

Regarding his comments on Fabio - I don't understand the hate... at least a (current) Fulham player got some analysis and praise - when's the last time that happened?!!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Carborundum

The key to understanding DM and his punditry lies in his innate competitiveness.  He knows that he needs to have an edgy angle.  Every time the TV line up is revamped he's vulnerable.  Fulham and Liverpool fans will generally be aware to the Carvalho situation. A proportion of everyone else is potentially going to experience a frisson of "Thanks Danny, didn't know that before".

He's fighting for his job.  Irritation felt by Fulham fans just collateral damage.

cookieg

Is he saying anything that other pundits/journalists/bloggers etc aren't saying? Just because he's an ex Fulham player makes no difference what so ever. If Mark Schwarzer was to say the same thing would he be condemned? No of course not because he would be echoing what many others have said.

Donnie Lonegan

A load of fuss about nothing if you ask me.
It's more or less accepted that Fulham had an agreement to transfer Carvalho to Liverpool, he doesn't seem to want to sign a new contract, and Liverpool still want him.
Why shouldn't Danny Murphy talk about that? from what I've seen of Danny Murphy as a pundit, he's never been less than positive about us, and wants us to do well.

sunburywhite

My best mate is an estate agent (sorry) and he has sold several footballers houses. He said DM was probably the nicest he has ever dealt with. Plain man, down to earth, made him a cup of tea etc
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Ruislip White

Quote from: graham on February 07, 2022, 11:40:21 AM
I lost a lot of respect for Danny Murphy when he said that. I think it is outrageous that a player contracted to one club is talked about going to another club. It unsettles the player and shouldn't be allowed to be said, let alone on a reputable (?) programme. You may have trouble stopping it all in the papers. It gets on your nerves - I'm fed up reading about Carvalho going to Liverpool. DM didn't say a thing about Fulham and yet a team isn't just one player. We all know where DM's football affiliations lie now.
Exactly this.  The fact Danny Murphy played for fulham is irrelevant.  The BBC is taxpayer funded, supposedly neutral and reasonable quality broadcaster.  Saw none of that in our coverage.  I would have made the same criticism if Linekar, Wright, Shearer or any of the others said the same.
I suspect after the next Liverpool game, we won't hear something along the lines of 'Salah was excellent, the only player we should focus  on, and Barca fans can get a really good at him as he'll be playing there next season'.  That would be disrespectful, but fair game for 'smaller' teams.