more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Millwall

Started by terryr, February 08, 2022, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Very late with this but managed to carve out some time last minute

''Just read GR's remarks and hard to chuckle , he said you cannot sit back and defend against them but had to be proactive in attack.....well there's a first, a millwal! team under GR going to attack a team away from home the team selection & set up will be interesting on Tuesday then
anyone brave enough to hazard a guess on both''

''My lad watched them against Man City yesterday.
Good news is he says they are beatable.
we just have to be stronger, fitter and more skillful than them!''

'' We don't have any of those attributes! ''

'' I think we will get a hammering at Fulham this week. I've actually checked the odds of an 8-0 defeat at 350/1. They have hit 6 a few times this season which is 100/1. Hopefully won't get to this degree, but I'm dreading this one.''

''Dont want to worry you but they have hit a seven as well''

'' Thanks for cheering me up , I've already got my ticket for this, will I need a calculator''

''I don't know what he's expected say? We going there to roll over, we'll take a five nil defeat. Fulham have won at home twice in six games, if Blackpool and Derby can contain them so can we. If there's any wall supporters backing them to hammer us i hope your next poo gives you a hernia.''

'' Gr going to attack haha

It will be 5-2-3

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Wallace Malone
Billy Freeman
Burke Afobe Bennett

Jed, Dutch, Mahoney, Evans Long, Burry, Pearce''

''This will be no walkover..''

'' This game is a free hit.it wont decide where we finish at the end of the season.we start it with a point''

'' hey have hit a few sixes and sevens this season and they'll probably think they will have us at sixes and sevens - They won't, it will be a 1-1 bore draw.
Why break the habit of a season?''

''It's on sky sports red button, no commentary no replays ... might be a good move''

'' Ah yes phlion, let's slag our manager off for trying to say we'll take it to the top boys of the league?!

Jeez. Come on, think about it. "No, Mr speaker, we'll go there and hopefully won't let in more than 5 goals"?!

Ffs at least give GR some credit where its due. He said we'll take it to them, let's decide on that outcome AFTER the game. If we don't attack at all, then yes, he maybe deserves a slate.. but to slate someone for saying he'll try and attack the best team in the league before a ball is kicked? Come on pal, give yourself a kick. Why are you so negative?
We always love being the underdog team... what do we have to lose?
Whenever have you heard the quote or paper headline "Millwall manager gives in before kick off"?
Even under Harris, playing the PL title winners Leicester.... not a chance we would just roll over, so why the f**k would we do it to soppy Fulham?''

'' With them getting the runaround at City and us having a rest on Saturday, I think that will help us, if we can keep them goalless for the first half we might get something out of the game.''

'' still suffering from the last 6-0? at their place where we literally had about 3 touches all game.
they are a thieving club - they steal points off of champ teams, much like norwich. too poo for the prem, too good for the champ, they yoyo and fill their pockets with parachute payments and warp and fcuk up the championship for everyone else.
why the fcuk is anyone rewarded for being poo?
fcuk them. i hate them. and their fans are real screw turners, most teams beating us will sing something like "youre flipping poo for a few mins" these mocochino loving cunts will drone on all game. one of the smuggest, pathetic clubs on the planet who everyone seems to love and have a soft spot for. all that is wrong with modern football. big scarf wearing cunts.''

'' Superb''

'' We travel tomorrow more in hope then expectation
A few beer in the afternoon with my pals and over to Fulham
When you talk to real Fulham /man city/Chelsea fans a lot of them hate the way money has corrupted their clubs they just don't feel part of it anymore.

So for me I'm as lucky as fcuk there are a lot of fans wish they had what we got
Lets hope we never see the day when 50/50 scarves are a thing over our place''

'' Apart from Coventry away, nobody has handed us our arsehole under Rowett.
This, of course, could be famous last words.
If we shithouse a 1-0 in this game I will be astounded. Fulham are very, very, very good.''

'' I wonder what people want GR to say.
Probably moan if he said something along the lines of we are going to try and frustrate Fulham and bore theme into submission,not concede and nick a goal!.
some will feel vindicated if we lose by any amount of goals and look a bit stupid if we play well and get a win.''

'' Anyone remember back in the 80s when Fulham were facing extinction and there was a big campaign to help save them. A lot of fans, particularly in London, did their bit as Fulham were one of those inoffensive quaint clubs that everyone had a soft spot for, a bit like Orient. I bet everyone wishes that they hadn't bothered now we know what a bunch of smug arseholes they turned out to be.''

'' There's no doubt they're very strong and their January goal scoring form was as good as you'll see. But they're not always as good as all that - looking at their results before that, they only scored 2 goals in 3 games in December, so they can be stopped as Blackpool showed too.''

'' Heart always rules my head where wall are concerned, old habits die hard.
Could never back against us.
COYL
Get into those smug bastards''

''My head is telling me one thing , no doubt you can all guess what that is !
Not going to listen to my head, and say a tough match resulting in a draw . somehow we will get a set piece that slips into the net. 1 - 1 .
COYL
MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL''

'' Rowett will play 5 at the back but he should consider playing an extra man in midfield because Fulham dominate possession. I would think about playing either Jed and Bennett or even Jed and Burke up front because when we do get the ball we should look it long over the top to utilise their pace against the slow Fulham centre-backs.''

'' I have backed us for a 0-1 and 1-2 win, Silly odds so backed it. Hopefully we can get a result, could just be one of them games we get a shock result.....COYL''

'' The Cottagers are one of those teams I really cannot stand. Want to beat them almost as much as I want to beat palarse and vermin. COYL!!!''

'' Fulham a bit like Norwich, to good for Championship, to poo for Premiershit, annoying because they have plenty of money and more then we will ever have and their fans are flipping annoying!!!''

'' Looking for one of our epic away performances which we see all to rarely, weeds 3 times, forest, going back further Hull, Chesterfield, Bornmuff, Arsenal.
We are more than capable, if he sets us up right and with the right attitude.
Nothing to be scared of, let them flipping worry about us.
Wall, 2-0 or 2-1.''

'' Fulham have a planned minutes applause happening tomorrow on 11th minute to remember their fan Paul Parish who passed away at the ground against Blackpool.''

'' Not looking forward to this at all''

'' Just get stuck flipping in lads anyone is beatable, this lot are no different COYL!!!!''

'' See how good our manager is now. Can he nullify a potent scoring force. Here's hoping''

'' In all my years supporting 'wall this fixture has a 2-0 'wall win written all over it. Also the type of game that Jed will show up with a performance, However with GR tactics it could also be a 7-0 Fulham job.''

'' If we lose, we lose but, I just want us to us give it a real good go and not fall apart at the seems, which I don't think we will. I hope someone winds up that front bottom, Mitrović, and he sees red.''

'' We will need to match them up and play a 3 in midfield. Our strongest team on paper at the moment is:

Bart

Dmac Hutch Cooper Murray

Saville Mitchell
Freeman

Jed Afobe Burke

Bench: Long, Bennett, Burey, Kieftenbeld, Evans, Malone, Mahoney''

'' I just hope that front bottom Mitrovich doesn't score against us! AGAIN!

Oh, and yes, him getting a red within the first 5 minutes of play would be nice as well!''

'' This will be a tough away fixture where there will no room for error and we will need all we have got and more to get anything from this one. There are a couple of silver linings to the cloud. The first is that they have wobbled a bit in the last couple of weeks and Blackpool certainly had the better of it in their last league game late on and came away with a draw. The second is that this may be after the Lord Mayor's Show as they played Man City in the Cup on Saturday and got pasted even though they had an almost full strength side. They may have busted themselves into pieces at the Etihad and find it difficult to raise their game against us. Well....we can hope can't we! I am sure it will not be as bad as 2019 when we hardly saw the ball and came away with our tails between our legs after conceding four goals. I was there and it was nothing short of a disaster. This must be better....or will it?

We have had a full week off and an opportunity to get some energy back and work out a plan to get a result at Craven Cottage cheered on by a noisy Millwall contingent. Bart has kept two consecutive clean sheets and will be aiming for a third tomorrow.He should start with MOM Danny at RB. Hutch had a better game against Preston and I expect him to start with Cooper and Murray in a back four with Molly flipping between LWB and left midfield. Unless GR decides to play Freeman wide left but I would be surprised if our new man gets a start. The most likely scenario is to have Freeman on the bench and use him as an impact sub. Billy and Dutch are nailed on to start unless Saville has looked unbelievable in training The first big question revolves around Jed. The lad looked full of energy last week when he came on as a sixty minute sub. He looked rusty and unless he has looked razor sharp in training there could be a case of starting Burke and leaving Jed on the bench.

Benik has paid a visit to Sports Direct to get some new boots which don't have sponges in the toe caps. He couldn't trap a bag of cement with the boots he wore for the last game. The goal he scored against WBA had class written all over it but his efforts against Preston looked pony. Bennett looked aggressive in both our last two games and should start.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Dutch Molly
Burke Benik Bennett''

'' Bialkowski;
Danny, Hutch, Cooper, Murray, Malone
Mitchell, Freeman
Burke, Afobe, Bennett

Long, Pearce, Dutch, Evans, Mahoney, Wallace, Burey''

'' Malone should be dropped IMO. I wonder if Freeman was loaned to play left-wing back? I doubt Freeman is fit enough to start.

It'll obviously be 5 at the back, but I would be tempted to play three in midfield as they dominate possession and the game will be won or lost in the centre of the park.

I'd play this:

Bart
Danny Evans Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Dutch Saville
Burke Jed

Malone has been crap so I'd play Evans (yes, that's right) at centre-back (yes, you heard me right) with Hutch in the centre and Cooper on the left. Murray at LWB. Three in midfield to break up the play. Jed and Burke up front, stationed very wide when they have the ball so that if and when we do get it the balls played should be over the top and wide to exploit their slow centre-backs. Basically, we defend with 8 men and smash the ball up front when we get it and let Burke and Jed use their pace.

Using this revolutionary tactic, I predict a 3-0 win for the Lions with Burke with two and Jed with the other. All on the counter-attack and against at team that will have 99% possession to our 1%.

Match Stats

Shots at goal Fulham 43 Millwall 3
Shots on target Fulham 30 Millwall 3
Possession Fulham 99% Millwall 1%
Corners Fulham 28 Millwall 1
Fouls Fulham 8 Millwall 76
Yellow cards Fulham 1 Millwall 8
Red cards Fulham 0 Millwall 0''

'' 11 double deckers could be handy''

'' If we sit back we will lose. If we press we at least have a chance.

At least I have not got to sit with the away fans watching them running rings around us again.''

''4 - 0 ,to Fulham I'm afraid.''

'' Call it off and blame covid''

'' Fulham anywhere between 5-0 and upwards. Sorry to be so negative but thats how I see it, just being honest.''

'' Hard to see anything but a loss cause they are a good team if everything clicks & most times it does , we will give 100% as is the millwall way & the support is one of the best away...got to go for it straight away and give it a go''

That's it from these  articulate  chaps

Jim©

Thanks Terry, always enjoy these.
They've got some angry fans haven't they. I'd like to buy a half half scarf for their angriest.

ALG01

Good selection. I think they underestimate their manager and team. I predict a difficult game especially if we do not score earlyish.

blingo

Whitesideup

Quote from: ALG01 on February 08, 2022, 01:05:08 PM
Good selection. I think they underestimate their manager and team. I predict a difficult game especially if we do not score earlyish.
Totally outplayed them at The Den (a friend who is a Millwall supporter described it as "embarrassing") but did not put the game to bed. Conceded a late one and they weren't too far away from getting a second. So don't take anything for granted. They have had some good, some bad results over the last couple of months. I think they'll be competitive though we are technically the more competent team. Should be a home win, but you never know.

bencher

I must speak a different language to these guys. There are some expressions I only ever come across on football fan forums, like describing something as pony. No doubt, there are many other examples I cannot think of at the moment.

Southdowns White

Some of their supporters do a real injustice for us local born working class supporters, I have never known anyone buy a half and half scarf and smug is one thing most of us are not. They should try being a Fulham supporter for the last 50 years. I have never had a problem with their fans, meeting them away from the footballing environment, most of them seem fine and actually have a lot of respect for us as a club, I've also never seen us lose at their ground, yes, maybe they have one or two idiots more than the average club but I won't hold that against the club as a whole. Maybe it's because they can't have a proper old fashioned punch up with us that gets on some of their goats so much, no big adrenalin rush on a Tuesday night. If they want smug, self-righteous self entitled half and half buying fans, they need look no further than that jumped up rabble from the dog track.

Woolly Mammoth

History and form count for nothing especially in a London Derby.
So it is all on the day.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

I will be surprised if they turn up for the match!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HamsterWheel

One thing about Millwall - you can guarantee we get to see the Police horses!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bencher on February 08, 2022, 01:45:59 PM
I must speak a different language to these guys. There are some expressions I only ever come across on football fan forums, like describing something as pony. No doubt, there are many other examples I cannot think of at the moment.

Well it's simple cockney slang, Pony is short for Pony & Trap, Therefore Trap rhymes with Crap...............defined
as PONY.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MartyFFC

Some absolute gems in there. 'Good news is they're beatable, we just have to be more skilful than they are'. Punditry on an intellectual plane many of us can only dream of reaching

Twig

Quote from: Southdowns White on February 08, 2022, 01:54:11 PM
Some of their supporters do a real injustice for us local born working class supporters, I have never known anyone buy a half and half scarf and smug is one thing most of us are not. They should try being a Fulham supporter for the last 50 years. I have never had a problem with their fans, meeting them away from the footballing environment, most of them seem fine and actually have a lot of respect for us as a club, I've also never seen us lose at their ground, yes, maybe they have one or two idiots more than the average club but I won't hold that against the club as a whole. Maybe it's because they can't have a proper old fashioned punch up with us that gets on some of their goats so much, no big adrenalin rush on a Tuesday night. If they want smug, self-righteous self entitled half and half buying fans, they need look no further than that jumped up rabble from the dog track.

Pretty much spot on. We've been lucky in recent years to have enjoyed a couple of wealthy owners but any lifelong Fulham fan knows what the hard times are like too. No idea why a few of them hate us for being "smug" as it couldn't be further from the truth.
As to being a yo yo club, we'll that it's only in recent years. Prior to that we were either established top flight or certainly not top flight. I guess these must be young kids who don't know their football history?

Stevieboy

Hilarious, one poster was trying to be civil when he managed an  'fcuk' and references to 'poo' obviously no no words in the "Wall camp however he/she! couldn't contain themselves for the final 'c' word 🤣🤣🤣

_Putney_

Quote from: terryr on February 08, 2022, 12:46:05 PM

fcuk them. i hate them. and their fans are real screw turners, most teams beating us will sing something like "youre flipping poo for a few mins" these mocochino loving cunts will drone on all game. one of the smuggest, pathetic clubs on the planet who everyone seems to love and have a soft spot for. all that is wrong with modern football. big scarf wearing cunts. ''

I'm definitely turning up tonight like this:

Hatch007

"Mococcino loving" ... Priceless 🤣

Wingnut

Always enjoy these threads. I think they'll keep things tight, and it'll be a close game. Still think we'll win by the odd goal.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Black and White Town

What a load of semi-coherent grunting from their barely sentient fans.

I'd rather be a smug arsehole than a neanderthal racist.

flyingfish

Quote from: bencher on February 08, 2022, 01:45:59 PM

See also: 'different gravy', 'mustard'. Only see this on football twitter