watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Question for the stattos

Started by Herbie, February 08, 2022, 11:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbie

Looking at the league table tonight, it's noticeable that our goal difference is very close to our points.  This got me thinking about 2 possible potential records for this season.

Any stattos out there have any data on these potential records for the season:

1) Highest goal difference;
2) smallest margin between GD and total points for the league winners (i.e. currently a margin of 10 - 61 points to 51 GD)

We Are Premier League

Dont know the answer to any of those questions but we should aim for (a) >100 goals, (b)>+75 goal difference, (c) 40 goals for Mitro, (d) 50 goal contributions from Mitro

Denver Fulham

I believe the Championship GD mark is +67 by the Reading side that set the record of 106 points, and the highest goal tally is 108 by Man City in 2001-02. Both of those are gettable. The points record will require near-perfection the rest of the way.

Craven_Chris

Quote from: Herbie on February 08, 2022, 11:02:42 PM
Looking at the league table tonight, it's noticeable that our goal difference is very close to our points.  This got me thinking about 2 possible potential records for this season.

Any stattos out there have any data on these potential records for the season:

1) Highest goal difference;
2) smallest margin between GD and total points for the league winners (i.e. currently a margin of 10 - 61 points to 51 GD)

I see 1) has already been answered, for 2) the closest match in the second tier, with a 46 game format, is Bournemouth 2014/15, who had +53 GD and 90 points. Its a slightly odd achievement, because to really get a close match, you need to get not that many points considering the goal difference!

On other records, the total goal scored record (again 46 game format) is Man CIty (01/02) with 108 as pointed out. Fulham have 77 after 29 games, and Man City in 2001-02 had 68 goals at this stage of the season.  The Championship goal scoring record is with Reading (04/05) with 99. They had 61 goals after 29 games, so 16 behind Fulham.

Individually, Mitro has 30 goals through 29 games (albeit not 29 appearances). The all-time second tier record for the 46 game format is Portsmouth's Guy Whittingham (92/93) with 42 goals for the season. He had 28 goals after 29 games, so Mitro is 2 ahead of his position at this stage of the season. Out of interest, Whittingham would score a brace in game 30 of the season, but then only 1 more goal through game 36, so a chance for Mitro to pull ahead....

The Championship record is with Ivan Toney from last season, and is 31 goals. He had 23 goals after 29 games so Mitro is 7 ahead (but only 1 more goal required to equal the record).

I know those are not what you asked but seemed tangentially relevant!

Fulham Tup North

I'll  be happy with 100+ goals tbf....
Other records are nice, but Skybet only offered the 100 goal option pre-season 😉🤞⚽️
COYW x   049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"