watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scoring and Not Scoring

Started by Ludlow Richard, February 13, 2022, 12:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

I realise this post is going to curse us. So far this season we have not scored in just 3 league games. If we score in all games to the end of the season, we will beat our previous lowest record of 4 (in 1928/29, 1931/32 and 1953/54, all of which were 42 game seasons).

By contrast, our worst season for not scoring was 1973/74, also a 42 game season, where we failed to score in 21 games. Anyone remember that season?

bencher

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on February 13, 2022, 12:34:05 PM
I realise this post is going to curse us. So far this season we have not scored in just 3 league games. If we score in all games to the end of the season, we will beat our previous lowest record of 4 (in 1928/29, 1931/32 and 1953/54, all of which were 42 game seasons).

By contrast, our worst season for not scoring was 1973/74, also a 42 game season, where we failed to score in 21 games. Anyone remember that season?

I'm surprised last season wasn;t a record breaker for non-scoring

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: bencher on February 13, 2022, 12:35:31 PM
Quote from: Ludlow Richard on February 13, 2022, 12:34:05 PM

I'm surprised last season wasn;t a record breaker for non-scoring

Last season we failed to find the net in 18 games out of 38 (expressed as a percentage that's 47.4% of games played). The 1973/74 season was marginally worse, with failure to score in precisely 50% of games played.

filham

There are some on this board who are critical of our defending but for me the big problem is when when are faced with goal droughts. It looked as if we were facing a mini drought just before Christmas but we managed to come out of it in style . It is so good to see so many goals being scored and it should be noted that right now there is no fewer goals conceded by any other Championship club.

H4usuallysitting

I'm not sure how we only won 1 nil on Saturday...we had the opportunities, but didn't take them

Jim©

Quote from: filham on February 14, 2022, 12:47:47 PM
There are some on this board who are critical of our defending but for me the big problem is when when are faced with goal droughts. It looked as if we were facing a mini drought just before Christmas but we managed to come out of it in style . It is so good to see so many goals being scored and it should be noted that right now there is no fewer goals conceded by any other Championship club.

But it should also be noted that it is quite possible that we'll break the scoring record too. Mitro is going to break the Championship scoring record. We could have 4 players in double figures.
Take Mitro's goals away and we'd still outscore the next best team with just 10 players.

filham

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 14, 2022, 03:24:16 PM
I'm not sure how we only won 1 nil on Saturday...we had the opportunities, but didn't take them
Harry Wilson had a bit of an off day in front of goal, in particular trying a difficult shot when a simple pass would have created a goal. He will not repeat that performance.