watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2 minutes highlights - I find it hard to see how that was a penalty

Started by Southcoastffc, February 19, 2022, 05:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

davew

We all know that it wasn't a penalty, all except the referee!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rebel

I wish the commentator wouldn't 'shriek', spoils the match.   

Ruislip White

Absolute disgrace of a decision.
I hate the fact that the 'pundits' use terms like 'it was soft'.
Just call it was for it was, a poor decision and not a penalty.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Joke of a decision. The referee thinks he Michael McIntyre or Peter Kay or one of those fellas

Cookie6262

Just back from the game and see now the goals on Sky and that Penalty decision is worse than I thought at the match and I thought it was pretty bad. TC's touch for the first goal was a shocking mistake and also for the first goal having just cleared a really dangerous attack Wilson loses the ball trying to take a player on when we should have been clearing his lines.

AJW48361

Fulham33

I was right behind the goal in H4 and went ballistic as he ran straight into Rodak making no attempt to get the ball and the lino did nothing either - useless pair of officials.
(the exact words I screamed at both of them are probably accurate but unprintable!)

rebel

He gave the penalty so quickly, zero thought, normally there is a slight 'delay'.

Whitestone

It wasn't a penalty and and I guess the referee will know that by now too. It was a massive mistake.

SP

Quote from: Whitestone on February 19, 2022, 08:27:35 PM
It wasn't a penalty and and I guess the referee will know that by now too. It was a massive mistake.

He won't give a toss IMO.

I don't know why they have referee's assistants anymore, even if they're nearest the incident they're not allowed to offer an opinion.

Bill2

Quote from: SP on February 19, 2022, 08:31:04 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on February 19, 2022, 08:27:35 PM

He won't give a toss IMO.

I don't know why they have referee's assistants anymore, even if they're nearest the incident they're not allowed to offer an opinion.
The lino on the JH side was useless, he never gave anything. At one time Mitro's shirt was being ripped off his back and you could see his torso, what did he do nothing. Sometimes you wonder what they are meant to flag for. Actually, at the start of the second half he had abit of a laugh with the Huddersfield full back, probably related.

Blawarmy

That's the worst decision I have ever seen. I'd say he should be demoted to pub football, but that would be an insult to pub teams! The ignored handball was just as bad.

SP

Interesting that our Bournmouth chums were disappointed Huddersfield won being desperate (like me) just to finish in the top two. Their view of the penalty:

Just seen the 2nd goal, the forward jumps back into the goalkeeper never a penalty.

Blawarmy

Quote from: SP on February 19, 2022, 08:47:47 PM
Interesting that our Bournmouth chums were disappointed Huddersfield won being desperate (like me) just to finish in the top two. Their view of the penalty:

Just seen the 2nd goal, the forward jumps back into the goalkeeper never a penalty.
Anyone that knows anything about football can see that wasn't a penalty. Apart from todays ref.

PaulJ123

I completely agree it wasn't a penalty but I think at full speed, I can understand why he's given it. With VAR you'd hope it's getting ruled out.

It's the first goal that's more annoying and I hope Silva focuses on the issues there rather than solely blaming the ref today. Mistake after mistake caused that and got their tails up.

If it's 0-0 at HT like it looked likely to be, we go on to win that game. It was just like Sheff Utd, they scored first and had something to fight and scrap for and fair play to Huddersfield today, I was very impressed with how they defended.

bobbo

I've only just seen it clearly on tv due I'm in Putney end and difficult to seein detail from there . What's even more disconcerting than the awful decision is there were at least two Huddersfield players more than a yard into the area before the ball was kicked , how do neither of the officials pick that up . It's actually happening so much in the game now and just being ignored by refs getting £1200 per game . Sooo wrong.
1975 just leaving home full of hope