News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How about this news: Rooney coming to the MLS...

Started by finnster01, December 30, 2010, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Being Rooney's brother, how's his arrest record?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

duffbeer

Ha, that's funny.  "right time in his career" to make the move to the states, from England at 20 yrs.  Usually the "right time" means the twilight of a stellar pro career in Europe.  It will be interesting.  I would not doubt his decision to come to MLS if it werent for the fact that he is Wayne's brother.  Given his name, I'm sure every scout in England and many in Europe have had a looksie and well you know why would he need to come to the US then.  

Oh, he may not have Wayne's talent, but at least he doesnt have Wayne's looks.  He wont need to go the prostitute route.

pettyfog

He looks pretty good in black and gold.  Right Mo?  And you are evil...

Speaking of looks.. is he Waynes half brother?

:dft012:

HatterDon

I could have sworn I saw this about 3 months ago. Hmmmm.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Well there is obviously no felony convictions or he wouldn't even been granted a visa to come to the US. So you are insulated from thugs like Joey Barton ever making an appearance in the MLS.

Can he play football? Your guess is as good as mine, I've never seen him, but I suspect he may be riding his brother's coattails a bit.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

duffbeer

Rooney will play in the MLS combine matches (he has been put on the same team as my guy - Michael Nanchoff) and then be one of only a handful of foreigners permitted into the 2011 MLS Superdraft (previously only foreign college players were allowed).  This is shaping up to be pretty interesting.  I would love to see the combine matches - I'll be checking to see if there are any online streams.  In the past they have been described as just a bunch of college boys beating each other up.

And Finn, I thought you would be relieved to hear that the new MLS expansion team the Portland Timbers have signed Eddie Johnson.  

http://www.droppingtimber.com/2010/10/highlights-newest-timber-eddie-johnson.html

Only he's the white, English Eddie Johnson.  Looks like he may be better than ours too.