watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Swansea's goal

Started by Chrisjo, March 09, 2022, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisjo

Watching the highlights replay of last nights match in truth Swansea's goal should not have stood. When the corner leading to the goal was taken the ball was nowhere near the corner 'D' and the linesman should have spotted this if he was doing his job properly!! As I understand it the rule is the ball has to be either inside the 'D' or at least touching the line.

Stevieboy

Quote from: Chrisjo on March 09, 2022, 01:38:46 PM
Watching the highlights replay of last nights match in truth Swansea's goal should not have stood. When the corner leading to the goal was taken the ball was nowhere near the corner 'D' and the linesman should have spotted this if he was doing his job properly!! As I understand it the rule is the ball has to be either inside the 'D' or at least touching the line.

Another daft rule which leaves itself open to misunderstanding and confusion.
Why not state the ball must be inside the line, would make things much easier.
Personally I cannot see what advantage a top class professional gains from moving the ball 2 inches nearer the goal!!

Jim©

Actually some part of the ball needs to be over the line. So, it's placement meant that it probably, by millimeters was overhanging the line a tiny bit.
It however makes no difference to the way the goal was scored.
It's amazing how many throw ins are given when the whole of the ball has not crossed the whole of the line.

Finnans Right Peg

It doesn't matter if it was inside or outside what matters is we gave them time and space to cross the ball and then let their attacker get a free header

filham

I have noticed for a while now that players are pinching every inch they can from corners, really can't se the point of it as each time they are asking for any goal to be disallowed.

Black and White Town

It just needs to overhang the line, not necessarily touch it, so think it was within the rules

filham

Quote from: Black and White Town on March 10, 2022, 12:42:20 PM
It just needs to overhang the line, not necessarily touch it, so think it was within the rules
To point out the possible error after the goal is scored is of no value, the ref needed to notice the mistake earlier and stop the kiick being taken, but really we are nit picking.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Football is full of fine margins with where the ball is placed for free kicks and corners and my favourite beef which concerns throw ins.
On occasions I have commented on the number of times that the thrower is allowed to deliver the ball with a short jab rather than properly over his head.. the officials seem to concentrate on feet positioning rather than the arm action and to my eyes many throws are actually illegal.

bobby01

Tbh I wonder if the assistant referees can be got rid of and the goal line technology used on the sidelines, they never make a decision on a through in until the ref has pointed which way he wants it go, rarely contribute. And what is it with the game ball on the pedestal is it to make the referees the star of the show, look at me,look at me, and Stroud kissing the ball sickening.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

keithh

I get wound up at throw-ins against us - taken closer to our goal & then opposition go on walkies to get even closer.