watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco silva

Started by Finnans Right Peg, March 09, 2022, 08:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

Wasn't overly keen when he was announced as manager to be honest I was 50/50.

But what an appointment everything about him is class from the interviews to our style and even the setpiece goals we have scored this season.

Everybody knows their jobs and are enjoying their jobs .

Overall a fantastic appointment which kinda came from nowhere

KJS

Totally agree he really fits our club

H4usuallysitting

Done a very good job in getting him to manage a championship side, our general recruitment has improved leaps and bounds.... Boa & Stuart Gray along with Marco look very happy.... we're very much a professional outfit

Dunstable Fulham

My brother and I had a big argument about him when he was appointed- I thought it was a great appointment and demonstrated that we were properly planning for the Premiership- he felt differently but I think we are both on the same page now - a class act and a really nice guy. Having Boa with him as well is great. I hope we can keep him for a long time.

Bassey the warrior

I was excited right from the start but he's exceeded my expectations.

Andy S

So was I. He's a genius, he's A genius. i felt after the Watford episode and Everton he was on his last chance here in the uk. Next season he will be managing a premier league club. So he is guaranteed work for a few years even if he fails with us.

Fulham Tup North

I was very pleased with him, as he is a Premiership quality manager....  let's hope we support him with funding next season....
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Twig

No question, he's been superb. I just hope he is successful next season in the Prem. Both Tigana and Jokanovic struggled, it's such a tough ask.

FFCFOREVER

He has indeed been breath of fresh air and I absolutely love his and Boa's passion on the touchline. They really are what FFC needed at a critical time after Scott Parker. Long may it continue. COYW

Dunstable Fulham

It's interesting to read the posts  - the Premiership record was my and my brothers major fall out. I think Silvas is good given the teams and circumstances he has managed - if he is supported by the ownership I think he will do a terrific job with us.
My brother disagreed but despite being a professional footballer himself he talked rubbish quoting points per game stats - they were good in my view given the teams and circumstances under which he managed  - I am
Excited by him and his coaching staff, the new stand and capacity which will be filled next season and where it will take us - COYW!

Dunstable Fulham

I do say to my brother regularly-  look at Everton now - a complete disaster- really poor management at the top of the organisation- good managers can't sort it.

mrmicawbers

I Ronic

FFChris

Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2022, 09:43:17 PM
No question, he's been superb. I just hope he is successful next season in the Prem. Both Tigana and Jokanovic struggled, it's such a tough ask.

I think the difference between Silva, Tigana and Jokanovic is that Silva has managed in the premier league before whereas I don't remember Tigana or Jokanovic doing so.  Assuming that we go up I expect us to be far more competitive in the PL than we have been in the last couple of attempts even with the squad we have and I'm sure that they will make improvements to the squad over the coming months.

Takemehome27

When he was appointed I was a bit 'meh' :023: but my god, HE'S A GENIUS!! HE'S A GENIUS!! :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro:

Twig

Quote from: FFChris on March 10, 2022, 10:50:16 AM
Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2022, 09:43:17 PM

I think the difference between Silva, Tigana and Jokanovic is that Silva has managed in the premier league before whereas I don't remember Tigana or Jokanovic doing so.  Assuming that we go up I expect us to be far more competitive in the PL than we have been in the last couple of attempts even with the squad we have and I'm sure that they will make improvements to the squad over the coming months.

Good point and I hope you are proved right.

Fulham1959

I just love him - no airs or graces, just honesty and 100% application to the requirements of the job.

Takemehome27

Quote from: Fulham1959 on March 10, 2022, 09:51:05 PM
I just love him - no airs or graces, just honesty and 100% application to the requirements of the job.

This!!  :plus one: