https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rooney

Started by perry geyton, March 12, 2022, 12:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Watched that doc about him last night and was actually very good
What a live wire he was on a football field

Anyways hope he smashes Bournemouth tomo and keeps Derby "I know I shouldn't say that but I will" from going down

bobbo

I'm with you Perry but not forgetting I've been responsible for past posts hoping derby go out of the league.
I'm a great advocate of loyalty and Rooney has shown that in abundance with derby.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

rebel

The way the points has been deducted is a disgrace (they should have been deducted), first the 12 points, they get some on the board, then another 9 points, mental it would have been 'soul destroying'. Other managers would have 'walked'.

I think they might just do it.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I listened to a pod cast with Kevin Campbell (ex arsenal and Everton striker), who was there when Rooney was first coming through.
He said he had never seen a kid that good before. He was scoring Hattricks against 20 year old when he was 13 etc.
Unbelievable player to be fair.
Doing a surprisingly good job at Derby too, didn't expect it to be honest. Thought he'd be a bit of a Lampard and his ego would get in the way.

I hope they survive to be honest.

Thailand Mick

I think Rooney has done a fantastic job and love the fact that he stayed there instead of taking the easy way out but I hope they get relegated. As with Sheffield Wednesday before they should have been relegated last season it is so unfair that another team went down who played within the rules. I also think it is unfair on the penalised clubs fans knowing it's a wasted season that would probably end in relegation anyway,i would prefer to be relegated with a chance of promotion the following season.

filham

Never been a Rooney fan but after watching the documentary I have respect for him, he was certainly a fighter.

I hope Derby avoid the drop and of course we want them to have a big win today.

Finnans Right Peg

Think the job he has done is incredible to he honest ,not allowed sign players not knowing if the club would still be able to fulfill its matches never mind the 21 point deduction and when they win today they will have a great chance of staying up

bog

I never thought he would make a manager. I hope he keeps them up.   

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: bog on March 12, 2022, 11:34:44 AM
I never thought he would make a manager. I hope he keeps them up.   
I didn't see him going straight into management in all honesty. I thought he'd be an assistant first at least.
Been impressed so far though tbh
Foolish ham

perry geyton

Nice to see people supporting him rather then slagging him off

That goal he created in the States when he chased back the ball to the half way line, made the tackle then crossed it from just past the half way line to a pin point header was one of the greatest footballing moments in my opinion
Out of this world