watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stats Assistance

Started by Ludlow Richard, March 14, 2022, 02:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

It's possible that Mitro might be the only Fulham player to have scored two first half hattricks in one league season. But there could be three others (Sid Elliott, Ronnie Rooke and Arthur Rowley) and I am seeking assistance. While I can find info on who scored goals in a game from lots of years ago, it's very difficult to find out when the goals were scored.

So does anyone have any info on the following: the times of goals scored (and the scorers) on Feb 4 and 3 March 1928 against Wolves and Bristol City; on Jan 22 and April 30 1938 against Swansea and Bury; and on 15 and 22 Jan 1949 against Bury and Plymouth? I think these are the only possible examples of two first half hat tricks in one season by the same player but I can't track down the times of the goals in those games.....

filham

Can't help but you have named a couple of real goal machines in Rooke and Rowley who were soon to be followed by the great Beddy Jezzard.
We really had great center forwards in those days.

Jamie88

Hi Ludlow

A quick look on the british newspaper archive shows that Arthur Rowley did indeed achieve it in those matches in 1949
He scored four against Bury with three coming in the first half, and another first half hat-trick the very next Saturday against Plymouth.

Both Elliott and Rooke did not manage any first half hat-trick in those matches listed

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 14, 2022, 08:21:52 PM
Hi Ludlow

A quick look on the british newspaper archive shows that Arthur Rowley did indeed achieve it in those matches in 1949
He scored four against Bury with three coming in the first half, and another first half hat-trick the very next Saturday against Plymouth.

Both Elliott and Rooke did not manage any first half hat-trick in those matches listed

Jamie, many thanks for checking this one out. Shame really that it's not another new landmark but you have to admire Rowley scoring two first half hattricks in successive weekends!

blingo

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on March 15, 2022, 12:11:19 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on March 14, 2022, 08:21:52 PM
Hi Ludlow

Jamie, many thanks for checking this one out. Shame really that it's not another new landmark but you have to admire Rowley scoring two first half hattricks in successive weekends!

There's still time for Mitro to make it three Ludlow :)