watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No Adidas for Fulham?

Started by G_Gribby, March 18, 2022, 11:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

The 2015 strip,they had our shorts as more dark navy blue than black.

Mr K.Dilkington

I just wish we'd return to tradition with black shorts and socks. How hard would that be? It'd make selfish me happy at least!
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

Stuff like having the fans pick the template for the seasons shirts go a long way in my book,but our owners don't care about giving fans a little bit of a say. Or a competition to design the home/away on a really low end kit supplier would be lots of fun imo.
Foolish ham

cookieg

For me the best Adidas kit we had was in the late 70s nice simple white shirt with black collar and cuffs and simple black shorts. Also loved the all red with black trim away kit at that time as well.

deadcowboys

Used to love the white socks with black band just below the calf in the 60s.

Bracken White

I'd welcome a change. Adidas, for me, have always provided unexciting kits. Subscribe to those above who'd favour a lesser named kit provider. That way our kits could be far more bespoke & who knows, we may even see the return of the revered red & black 2nd kit. Stripes, hoops, halves or quarters ... all very acceptable.
Now to change that badge!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

e4b

should make boots all the same colour as well

lamby

Quote from: Bracken White on March 19, 2022, 07:32:52 PM
I'd welcome a change. Adidas, for me, have always provided unexciting kits.

It will be Nike. They will be less exciting than Adidas, like they were last time. At least Adidas has had a bit of flair each time. Nike provided us with the most boring black/white kit.

I won't miss the collars on the Adidas kits - they are too small and rub.

blingo

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 19, 2022, 12:32:58 PM
I just wish we'd return to tradition with black shorts and socks. How hard would that be? It'd make selfish me happy at least!

+1

WhiteJC

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: lamby on March 20, 2022, 12:34:03 AM

It will be Nike. They will be less exciting than Adidas, like they were last time. At least Adidas has had a bit of flair each time. Nike provided us with the most boring black/white kit.

I hope it's not nike. Do you have info on it or are you presuming?
Foolish ham

lamby

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 20, 2022, 10:01:18 AM
Quote from: lamby on March 20, 2022, 12:34:03 AM

I hope it's not nike. Do you have info on it or are you presuming?

Just doing 1 + 1 and making 3. But also because sort of know how guys like the Kahn's work and account reps at big companies work. They have Nike as their kit sponsor for their US team and will have built up relationships with Nike people. The US Nike guys will be trying to get the commission from the UK Fulham deal. 

But looking at that list of past tops, the Nike ones are definitely the most boring!

WhiteJC

here are some "template" designs...

Nike

Puma

WhiteJC

Erra

Hummel

Umbro

sunburywhite

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 18, 2022, 04:02:33 PM
Admiral is the way forward

Especially if you are a household with more than 2 cars
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Neutral Zone Ultra

Personally hope for Macron or Hummel so there's a prospect we do long-sleeved shirts again

Digger

Any news on whether we will drop adidas as planned?

I Ronic

I liked the pipex shirts. The 1883 shirt on JC's post would make a great 2nd strip.
   Bearing in mind our Chairman's commercial  activities maybe we could have a big bumper on the front of the shirt. Would tie in nicely with one of Mitro's chief attributes.

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

Hummel's UK distributors went bust just before Christmas, and the clubs who have been with them this season have been up sh1t creek with supply issues. My guess is you'll see them disappear for a few years.

Most kit manufacturers don't even make long sleeved shirts any more, as players all wear this base layer stuff.

Nike's kits are dreadful. If Errea become suppliers you'd need to take AT LEAST one size above your normal fit, all their items are slim continental cut designs.

Given all the new ranges of leisurewear which have popped up on the website my guess is we're staying with adidas. They wouldn't have brought all that out if they were going to have to reduce it all to make way for a different manufacturer in the summer.

Lordedmundo

Obviously to some extent is a matter of taste, but some of the home Adidas kits have been decent. From the 2014-15 season onwards they were all ok. However, I didn't like the fit of 2019-20 onwards shirts very much. The design for this season is ok - better than the pinstripes! My favourites are still the 2014-2015 black kit with orange piping and the 2013-2014 update of the 'Sean Davis - Blackburn 2001' red white away kit.

If it was up to me I would leave Adidas - on the basis of the terrible away shirt they gave us for this season and the fact that surely we can find a supplier that won't hike the prices as much as they do!

I would like either Hummel, Errea or Lotto produce our shirts for next season. Possibly Puma - although aside from maybe the black/red away shirt I think most of the kits they designed for us were poor.

A definitive no to Nike and Umbro.