watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham FC is so lucky

Started by Peabody, March 17, 2022, 12:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobh Fulham Fan

well put Wolly.   I was just thinking to myself how boring this site would be if everyone was singing off the hymn sheet with no diversity of opinions. Just like with any of our own families, there will always be some members who look at and see the world in different ways from their siblings, and thats what makes the Fulham family what it is, a healthy clan of people who share a common goal to win the champion and drive onto better things and bigger prizes.  049:gif

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: 70sPimlico on March 17, 2022, 01:40:03 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on March 17, 2022, 01:13:39 PM
Quote from: Peabody on March 17, 2022, 12:38:39 PM
To have all these expert football coaches just waiting to tell them where they went wrong!!!

Be a quiet forum if we limited the discussions points to positions of authority though wouldn't it.

Not sure about you, but I love that aspect of football. Talking, discussing, critiquing and ultimately, learning through this on a sport we love and adore. Rather than belittling critique, I think it should be applauded (within reason).

I'm with you entirely. However, football does this strange thing to some people and gives them the impression that they are experts. You rarely get someone saying that they dont fully understand something and ask for an explanation. With many fans, as it is with many parents of young players they tend to have a parochial view of the game.

And the weirdest thing is, the people who seem to have the least understanding of the game, tend to be the loudest with their views. So, it doesn't become a vibrant discussion on an interesting topic but just some bloke who says, "he's crap" or "we're crap" etc.

I find the people with the most knowledge of the game tend to be put off going into too much depth. I remember the guy (was it Matt) on here, who clearly knew his onions. Christ he used to back up theories with stills of positioning etc. I found his posts enlightening and interesting.

But, however little "Dave down the pub" really understands, he doesnt beat most co-commentators with ignorance. God they wind me up. How do they get a gig where they clearly dont do any research, dont look at tweaks of tactical changes on the pitch that are ongoing.

sorry. mini rant over

Who's mini and why are you apologizing to her ?     I haven't seen any posts from her.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

toshes mate

Quote from: ALG01 on March 19, 2022, 08:51:30 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on March 19, 2022, 08:40:38 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on March 18, 2022, 12:58:45 PM
I get slagged off all the time here by the 'usual suspects' for being critical.... and the manager almost always mirrors what I say. In short when we underperform he is usually very good at stating what we have all seen...

This time there was no hindsight needed. He picked the wrong team IMO, I said as much (not on here because on match day i tend to want to watch an enjoy the build up), and the game unfolded in a very predictable manner in line with an incorrect team selection. sometimes it is that simple.

I feel sure silva whoi is a top class man, otherwise we wouldn't be where we are, will improve. we all love him and what he is doing, I hope, but he is not beyond critisism. The OP post is either strange comedy or implying that nobody has a valid or worthwhile opinion other than the paid staff.
Was it you who called Silva 'the worst coach', ALG01?  Was that the thread that somehow got called 'toxic' and then got locked?  I am sure you are a real expert ...

I love silva and on facebook for some reason somebody just liked my post from july when I said he was the best choice of the available coaches.
he is brilliant.
But i did say i thought his team selection against wba was wrong.... and it turns out it was.
i haven't ever been called toxic (i do not think so anyway, if i was i missed it).
I am glad you have also noticed I am an expert, it comes from years of suffering! 082.gif
I have since checked the thread and you requested it to be locked after agreeing that it had become toxic.   And so who exactly is whiter than white when it comes to opinion which we are all entitled to have and express?  When you call our coach out with a superlative then you leave no room for error.  Perhaps you meant to say he is the 'worse' a relative term.  Did you consider that and reflect because I see no evidence that you did?

My opinion of your expertise is as worthless as your opinion (and anyone else on here) of mine when it comes to match outcomes.  As Peabody notes in reply #38 form is temporary and anyone can have a poor run or just a bad day and that goes for the players too - down to a blemish measured in fractions of a second spoiling an otherwise okay game.   I wanted to see Cairney start against WBA but I have no idea how fit he is and what it takes to manage his pesky knee.   Silva has a better idea about that I would imagine and that should hold true about the squad in its entirety.  That is why I leave the head coach to call the shots.  And he hasn't done too bad has he?  Care to rescind the word 'worst'?   

RaySmith

I think people are bound to voice their opinions on players and performances, especially today when fan voices have unprecedented ways to be heard - back in the 60's there weren't really any.

If you didn't think much of Beddy Jezzard's team selection, or the club's transfer policy, the only outlet you had was shouting from the terraces, or telling your mates at school or down the pub.

But Peabody makes a reasonable point too about 'experts'. I don't think anyone is saying that fans shouldn't criticise players or the manager's selection- they are bound to on a forum like this, but people  should also be free to make points like Peabody's or poke fun at 'experts' - which we probably all think we are sometimes on here, although few, if any of us, know what it's really like to be involved in the pro game,
but that doesn't mean we shouldn't voice our opinion, while other are free to disagree with these opinions, and say 'what do you know?'