more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Horrendous First Half, Big Improvement in the 2nd half, should have got a point

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, April 10, 2022, 05:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

At least.

We were all over them from the 60th minute to the end except for that cock up for their third....and Cav hit the bar with the second  last kick of the game...

The overrall stats show  we had 65% possession, I would gues for that last 30 minutes we were about 80%.

We had 28 Shots altogether, 7 on target...again much of that in the last 30 minutes.

I think Silva's half time talk and changes ALMOST worked, there was a noticeable definable improvement...just not quite enough.

So, yes, a bad day at the office, but take some positives from that 2nd half.

JimmyConway

No way did we deserve a point today. If anything scoreline flattered us.

Deeping_white

Quote from: JimmyConway on April 10, 2022, 05:25:39 PM

They had four shots on target, one which was a corner that Rodak missed, one he let through him and the other is just a complete calamity. They created literally nothing and won't have three bigger gifts all season

BestOfBrede

All I can think the problem was with our inadequate dealing of the corners in the 1st half, was they were nearly all taken from the Thames side and the sun was in defenders/keepers eyes!?

Wingnut

The best team won. We were awful in the first half. No complaints about the scoreline.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 10, 2022, 05:26:58 PM

They had four shots on target, one which was a corner that Rodak missed, one he let through him and the other is just a complete calamity. They created literally nothing and won't have three bigger gifts all season

:plus one:

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Wingnut on April 10, 2022, 05:44:31 PM
The best team won. We were awful in the first half. No complaints about the scoreline.

Absolutely spot-on.. we scored another goal and now only need 6 in 6 for the 100 target... Keep the faith!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

SG

They may only have had 4 on target but I felt they were going to score every time they attacked. We deserved what we got f all. Although we had opportunities to get it back to 2-2 we didn't deserve it in my opinion

Cobh Fulham Fan

so if two or three of our missed chances went in, youd still say we didnt deserve a win or draw?  And if they're chances werent taken, would you still say they deserved to win?

RaySmith

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 10, 2022, 05:18:20 PM
At least.

We were all over them from the 60th minute to the end except for that cock up for their third....and Cav hit the bar with the second  last kick of the game...

The overrall stats show  we had 65% possession, I would gues for that last 30 minutes we were about 80%.

We had 28 Shots altogether, 7 on target...again much of that in the last 30 minutes.

I think Silva's half time talk and changes ALMOST worked, there was a noticeable definable improvement...just not quite enough.

So, yes, a bad day at the office, but take some positives from that 2nd half.

0001.jpeg

This team has won games where we've looked second best in the first half, this season.

rebel

Exactly this. Things started to 'unravel' after Tosin's early error. He got himself into a 'pickle', but it was easy to avoid. It seem to 'unsettle' the Defence. Seen it in other matches.

The Cravenette

Coventry came at us, worked hard and took great corners. That along with Rodak having a 'mare made for a bad afternoon. But the lads did get so much better in the 2nd half. Even the Sky highlights seem to have us on top.

I think there have been a lot of harsh comments on here. Not an ideal result but it was just one of those days and we are still top of the league by some margin.

toshes mate

It was frustrating stuff with lots of mistakes being made.  We made Coventry look good and gifted them two goals while spurning opportunities of our own.  As with dips before this team can go AWOL for no good reason.  Hopefully normal service will be resumed ASAP.

StuinSalop

For the neutral is was a great game, extremely open, end to end with 18 efforts on goal for them and a massive 28 for us. 

Coventry were very good and closed us down and made life very difficult, some of our players looked a little off the pace, Tosin, Chaobah and Kebano and Rodak made mistakes which cost us.

This was also a game where 2nd half in particular, we did not get the run of the ball, if one of those shots took a deflection or one of the keepers parries came back to our player or one of Mitros many headers been a few inches the other way we could have quite easily won.

It was frustrating as a Fulham fan but that's how it goes somethings.  If you want to be critical, the game was too open and we lacked control, Coventry caused us many problems on the counter attack and our midfield needed beefing up.

EN1 FFC

At the game I was wondering why Rodak ended up in the back of the net for Cov's first goal, I now see from the replays he was obstructed from getting to the ball by a Cov player running into him. Good near post header but he had 3 players near him, so poor defending.

For the second goal there is a Coventry player in an offside position who slips over in the view of Rodak so that could have caused him to loose concentration and fumble the ball.

I've come to expect Robinson to be erratic with his crossing, but yesterday even some of his short passing was poor, there were too many times he didn't connect properly and the ball wasn't hit hard enough giving the opposition time to close down.

I'm not really sure what Marco Silva sees in Chalobah, may be it's a case of favouritism because he bought him to the club, but for me he is a weak link too and we have better players on the bench.

Coventry did well they man marked our dangerous players out of the game, but even then we should have taken one or two more of the chances that were made.

Bill2

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on April 10, 2022, 10:14:51 PM
so if two or three of our missed chances went in, youd still say we didnt deserve a win or draw?  And if they're chances werent taken, would you still say they deserved to win?
Coventry played some good football but their finishing wasn't, the No 17 had Tosin in his pocket and walked past him on numerous occasions, when he drifted onto Tim's side he got nothing. Basically Tosin was too close but not physical enough.
Lets be fair on a normal day two of their goals would not have happened, the only one that you could say might have happened was the first from the corner. Our first half showing was poor with too many back passes, the second half was better with us attacking Coventry and players such as Robinson being prepared to run forward with the ball and take players on. But too little to late. Hopefully a wake up call for Friday.